Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

View Poll Results: How has Micheal Vick Fared this season?
Great 2 20.00%
OK, but not great 5 50.00%
Average 1 10.00%
He Sucks 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2002, 01:36 PM   #1
The J
Barry Zito wannabe

The J is on a distinguished road
Default Micheal Vick

So what does everyone think of Micheal Vick so far? Has he impressed you?

He has made some great plays, really amazing stuff, but I'm still waiting for him to have a breakout game, were he throws for 300 yards, runs for 100, scores a buncha touchdowns and makes a ton of eye-popping plays. I guess that's what my expectation of him were.
Old 10-22-2002, 03:39 PM   #2
I OWN THIS
The True Titan

I OWN THIS is on a distinguished road

I think he makes great plays, but is not a great player if that makes any sense. Let me explain.....Vick has the capabilities to run for a 50 yard touchdown or throw a 70 yard bomb, but he is not consistent with his play! Until he becomes more consistent from game to game, then I can't consider him great! He also tends to cough up the ball more than expected as well! But his big play ability makes him such a threat on any play!

Joey
Old 10-22-2002, 09:15 PM   #3
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

One word ... sporadic. He's made some amazing plays, and some silly mistakes other times. As Joey said, he needs more consistency. He has a lot of potential, though.

More importantly, he needs players around him. If he gets better receivers and Duckett progresses in the backfield, he should have a bright future. Plus, the dome turf makes him even faster in Atlanta!
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 11:13 PM   #4
The J
Barry Zito wannabe

The J is on a distinguished road

Well Duckett hasn't progressed so far. Their running game has been horrible!!! They brought in Warrick Dunn and drafted T.J. Duckett, they were supposed to be Thunder & Lightning, and they have been anything but. Personally, I think Dunn is done. He didn't have a productice year at all last year in Tampa and he hasn't fared well at all this season.
Old 10-23-2002, 11:01 PM   #5
Hero
The Asian Man of SC

Hero is on a distinguished road

Vick has yet to throw a pick, which impresses me, yet again he hadn't really attempt to throw much.

With Duckett not really a big yardage runner, and Dunn struggling, I will not be suprised if I see him lead the team in rushing.
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 04:04 AM   #6
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

He does have at least two weaknesses: Lack of height, which makes him vulnerable to having passes batted down, and if he's going to keep running the ball a lot he needs to learn how to protect the ball better - too many fumbles.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 12:21 AM   #7
RyGuy65
Grizzled Veteran

RyGuy65 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Marc
One word ... sporadic. He's made some amazing plays, and some silly mistakes other times. As Joey said, he needs more consistency. He has a lot of potential, though.

More importantly, he needs players around him. If he gets better receivers and Duckett progresses in the backfield, he should have a bright future. Plus, the dome turf makes him even faster in Atlanta!
You read my mind, sir. My bro talks about Vick like he's the second coming, but he isn't there quite yet. I do think that with a few years of experience, he will be amazing.
NHL- Detroit Red Wings
NCAA Football- Notre Dame Fighting Irish, Army
RyGuy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 08:51 PM   #8
Bran
Sports Virtuoso

Bran is on a distinguished road

I think Vick is gonna become a complete player one day in this leauge, He has all the potential. He is one of the rare QB's who will actually rush the football, but at the same time one severe hit from a defencive tackle and his career could be over. I say give Vick a few more years to develope and he'll be one of the best.
Bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 03:41 AM   #9
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

The problem is that no team whose quarterback accounted for more than 20 per cent of his team's rushing yardage has ever even been to a Super Bowl, much less won one. Until one of these unorthodox, "new age" quarterbacks reverses that trend, if I owned an NFL team I'd "pass" on them (no pun intended).
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 03:20 PM   #10
Clutch
Sports Enthusiast

Clutch is on a distinguished road

There are exactly 15 (unretired) people in the WORLD more talented at the game of football than Michael Vick. None of which are more exciting or have more potential.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 04:51 PM   #11
I OWN THIS
The True Titan

Anthony what about Steve Mcnair in the 2000 Super Bowl? I know Eddie George had a good seaon that year, but did Mcnair's rushing total not amount to 20% of the rushing yardage for the Titans? I haven't looked that one up, but I would imagine it is close. And I know that he only got to the Super Bowl and did not win it, but you had stated that no Qb had ever even been to the Super Bowl after rushing for 20% of his team's rushing total!

Like I said I haven't looked this up, and I was just wondering if that case may be the exception to the rule?

Joey
Old 10-30-2002, 04:56 PM   #12
I OWN THIS
The True Titan

Ok, nevermind Anthony....I just looked it up and Mcnair was almost 19% percent of his team's total rushing yardage! This was a close one, but your fact still stands!

Joey
Old 10-30-2002, 08:18 PM   #13
toby411
Rookie Player

toby411 is on a distinguished road

he is real mobile. in time through injury and abuse to his body that will go away. he is just another randle cunninham. fun to watch but going no were.
toby411 is offline   Reply With Quote