Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Old 06-22-2005, 10:11 AM   #16
TwinShadows
Sports Enthusiast

TwinShadows is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Billy D
I disagree with the assertion that Ricky is a victim of the government's war on drugs. As far as i can tell, he's primarily a victim of the NFL's drug policy, which i believe is a just policy.
They have a Marijuana drug policy because it is illegal, as you also said it should be legal. So if Marijuana was legal Ricky would have never had a problem with the NFL drug policy. They do not ban players for drinking, do they?

It's an unjust war that should have never been fought. If we believe that than Ricky Williams is a casualty of America’s unjust war on Marijuana?

A stepping stone? Most people start off drinking Alcohol or smoking cigarettes but because those are legal they can't be the problem. In-fact have you ever smoked Marijuana and said to yourself, "let me go shoot heroin or smoke some crack"? I know I never have. It comes down to the individual who makes poor judgment and you do not need to blame Marijuana for someone's state of mind just like you can't stop someone from killing another person, if they are going to do it, they will. Most people know right from wrong.

People eat to much, drink too much and people will always abuse something, legalizing Marijuana will not stop some people from abusing it, that is true but let's not act like no one abuses it now. Are we going to allow our sick and dieing to suffer and be locked up in prison because a few people will abuse Marijuana? We allow people to abuse Alcohol and cigarettes, double standard?

Last edited by TwinShadows; 06-22-2005 at 01:09 PM.
TwinShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 11:39 AM   #17
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

It's cool with me, Twin
Old 06-22-2005, 01:44 PM   #18
TwinShadows
Sports Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Billy D
\

I believe marijuana should be legal. Blackdogsong is wrong about it never killing anyone-- see Marley, Bob, who died from cancer at 40. But it is not especially dangerous and the harsh penalties for use (and moreso for delivery) are way out of whack with its threat to society. .
I'd like to comment on this.

Sure, smoking Marijuana causes some health issues but today patients can use vaporizers for Marijuana. Vaporizers are very safe because they do not allow smoke and other toxins to enter the body. The health issue is safer today than it was a decade ago, we now can help avoid Cancer and Bronchitis by using vaporizers.

http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/vaporizerstudy2.html

Vaporizers run from $50.00 to $700.00 depending what kind you buy and if you can find a good deal, EBAY.

Unless Bob Marley smoked cigarettes, he might be alive today if the Cancer he died from was Marijuana related and he used a vaporizer.

Last edited by TwinShadows; 06-22-2005 at 01:50 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:49 PM   #19
blackdogsong
Hall of Famer

blackdogsong is on a distinguished road

there is not one documented case of marijuana causing cancer in anyone. in fact, the main element in tobacco that is believed to cause cancer is not even in marijuana plants.

if nothing else the US should allow hemp plants. god forbid we use that to make paper then cutting down more and more of the rain forest right?
blackdogsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 02:01 PM   #20
TwinShadows
Sports Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by blackdogsong

if nothing else the US should allow hemp plants. god forbid we use that to make paper then cutting down more and more of the rain forest right?

Can anyone tell me what the kind of paper the American constitution was written on?

If you hold the Constitution you are holding an illegal document, since the Constitution is of course written on Hemp paper, and this contains THC and thus violates zero-tolerance.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:18 PM   #21
blackdogsong
Hall of Famer

blackdogsong is on a distinguished road

the Constitution and also the first dollar bills were all printed on hemp paper. you can make rope, clothes, paper, all sorts of things. why outlaw something that is has so many clear benefits? you can't even get high off hemp. it's not breed for that purpose. no harm to anyone!

also Bob Marley's death was due to cancer in general. nothing is specific- could be colon cancer for all we know.
blackdogsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 08:30 PM   #22
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Hey...How did I get to be the thread starter on this subject??? :lol:
Old 06-25-2005, 11:56 PM   #23
Shawndo
Sports Virtuoso

Shawndo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Tarkus
Hey...How did I get to be the thread starter on this subject??? :lol:
There must have been some sort of strange reconfiguration.. I noticed it immediately when this brand new thread had like 900 views but I figured another Moderator or Marc must have modified it somehow.

Oh by the way- my two cents: I am all in favor of legalization of marijuana. If alcohol (a far more harmful drug) is legal, no reason why marijuana shouldn't be as well. Legalization of marijuana would immediately reduce the crime rate by a landslide and Doritos stock would soar
Shawndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 01:05 AM   #24
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Shawndo
There must have been some sort of strange reconfiguration.. I noticed it immediately when this brand new thread had like 900 views but I figured another Moderator or Marc must have modified it somehow.
Anthony split this thread off from the Ricky Williams thread...and announced he had done so in that thread, but not here.

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
KevinBeane is offline   Reply With Quote