Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 07:27 PM   #11521
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post
My sister says they have stands down in Florida that sell it. Maybe that's mush's job on the side.
I had it at some hole in the wall restaurant on the bayou. I spend a lot of time in Florida and the only three things I commonly see sold at stands are citrus fruits, boiled peanuts and cowboy hats.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:00 PM   #11522
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by davematthews3 View Post
Hey buck don't go hurting my business with all your ohioian snow moving tricks now.
People are so lazy in my neighborhood. I live in the burbs where there is a ton of foot traffic and so removing snow is just something I see as common courtesy. No one shovels though. A few...maybe.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:10 PM   #11523
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

I used to HATE shoveling! I'd have to shovel my driveway, and then my old man would make me shovel my neighbors (older woman).
I left for the Navy in December 1995 - guess what he buys himself for Xmas that year.... SNOWBLOWER!
Old 01-28-2007, 08:38 PM   #11524
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

Typing up new employee guidelines for the kiddees. They don't know about our little staff meeting tomorrow, in which I lay down the law. I am so tired of their BS, and my boss told me as long as no blood is shed, I can say what I want.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:40 PM   #11525
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin Mike View Post
Typing up new employee guidelines for the kiddees. They don't know about our little staff meeting tomorrow, in which I lay down the law. I am so tired of their BS, and my boss told me as long as no blood is shed, I can say what I want.
I wish I could use physical violence. I understand those terms much better. :thumbup:
Old 01-28-2007, 08:42 PM   #11526
davematthews3
Fast Food Brother #3

davematthews3 is on a distinguished road

Be careful Mike. Even with the bosses ok don't go to far in our too sensitive world. You never know what trouble you could get yourself in.
Ty:I'm not quite sure where they are
Old 01-28-2007, 08:42 PM   #11527
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post
I wish I could use physical violence. I understand those terms much better. :thumbup:
A couple years ago I had a history teacher that kept a paddle on the wall. Any time somebody did something wrong or disruptive, he'd point to it.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:44 PM   #11528
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
A couple years ago I had a history teacher that kept a paddle on the wall. Any time somebody did something wrong or disruptive, he'd point to it.
We aren't allowed to hit 'em. I usually just tell a story about me getting stabbed or holding a gun to someone's head and do so with a crazy look on my face.

That usually helps.

:thumbup:
Old 01-28-2007, 08:45 PM   #11529
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Michael Bolton avatar is no more...
You pain and suffering is over fellas
Old 01-28-2007, 08:56 PM   #11530
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_aloha View Post
Michael Bolton avatar is no more...
You pain and suffering is over fellas
"The Jon Voight car is no more"

:lol:
Old 01-28-2007, 08:59 PM   #11531
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by davematthews3 View Post
Be careful Mike. Even with the bosses ok don't go to far in our too sensitive world. You never know what trouble you could get yourself in.
Well, one of my bosses will be in attendance as well, b/c he has a few words to say to them. One problem is I have become too friendly with them, so now they think they can do whatever they want. I started getting on them last week, and they seemed a little surprised. So this meeting is to clear the air a bit.

And this "me typing my own guidelines" thing is harder than I thought. I'm having writer's block.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:07 PM   #11532
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin Mike View Post
One problem is I have become too friendly with them, so now they think they can do whatever they want. I started getting on them last week, and they seemed a little surprised.
This is why teachers have discipline problems and kids don't learn. You try to be their friend.

I tell them I'll kill them if they f*** with me and that's that.

I don't know how this works among a peer group or with co-workers cuz I've never dealt with people on that level before. I always need to give or take orders...I don't care which.

I don't need any friends anyway. The voices in my head have been keepin' me company for years now.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:19 PM   #11533
boston_aloha
FFB #2

You're lucky Buck... The voices in my head aren't friendly at all.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:23 PM   #11534
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_aloha View Post
You're lucky Buck... The voices in my head aren't friendly at all.
Yeah...I got one guy...Larry...he always argues with me over what to wear in the morning.

Other than that...all the other voices are on task with what I'm doing.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:26 PM   #11535
Ellis
gymnopedist

Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about

Man, looks like it has been a busy day around these parts...
Closed Thread