Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Miscellaneous Sports Discussion > Other Sports Blitz > Golf

Old 10-08-2001, 10:47 PM   #1
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough
Talking Tiger, Mr. Author?

Read this GolfWeb story.

I am glad Tiger is sharing his knowledge with other aspiring golfers. And I'm sure it will sell well! It is good to see the player himself actually write it, rather than having a co-author do all the work, like in some biographies.

Warner Books has printed 1.5 million copies, and it will be available in 14 languages. The cost for the 306-page book is $34.95.

You going to buy it?
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 10:49 PM   #2
NickHammy
Sports Virtuoso

NickHammy is on a distinguished road

No, I'm too poor .
I'll bet many people that are golfers, that want to be better will by this to find out what he did which obviously worked well for him.
Old 10-09-2001, 08:37 AM   #3
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

lmanchur. is on a distinguished road

...I've always thought instructional golf books were stupid... unless, MAYBE, it's about putting, but otherwise... books that "help" you with your swing I just find.... dumb!
lmanchur. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 03:41 PM   #4
RaviPachai18

RaviPachai18 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by SC-Lee
...I've always thought instructional golf books were stupid... unless, MAYBE, it's about putting, but otherwise... books that "help" you with your swing I just find.... dumb!
lol, putting is the one part of golf which really doesn't follow any conventions. You ever tried to swing a golf club cross handed ?? lol. Buying a book about putting to me is a waste of time because putting is so much about feeling and confidence. The golf swing also but moreso the putting. I've never resorted to golf magazines to sort out problems or books. Mostly because problems with the swing are most often related to you and your game. Yeah there are a few general problems that amteurs make but when you 'correct' it from the use of a magazine or book chances are something else changes with that too.

Practice, Practice, Practice . It works! 8 hours on the range! It works. The ebst advice I ever read is not, do this with your hand or do that with your arm. It's more like, when you get on the range don't hit balls randomly, have a target and see how close you can get to that target with a bucket of balls. Thats the kind of advice I find useful. So now, Im not gonna waste money on this book .

Ravi
RaviPachai18 is offline   Reply With Quote