Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Basketball Association

Old 11-15-2006, 09:00 PM   #16
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by #99 View Post
I mean, really Buckeye, was Luc Longley ever "the answer?" Mihm's a solid role-player.
Do you realize you have now compared Kobe Bryant to Michael Jordan via Luc Longley?

I'll give ya a day or two to erase that post so we don't have to call the funny farm on ya. :thumbup:
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:54 PM   #17
Hall of Famer

#99 is on a distinguished road

Oh please, you obviously know the direct comparison I was going for.
Sports Again?!
#99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 04:20 PM   #18
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Oh please, you obviously know the direct comparison I was going for.
Well...your direct comparison indirectly compares Kobe and MJ.

Yes, 2-12 on the Bulls were role players to MJ. 2-12 on the current Lakers are role players to Kobe.

The thing is the Lakers need role players who are better than the Bulls' role players because Kobe Bryant is an inferior player to MJ.

There are varying degrees of role players. If the Lakers are ever to win a championship with Kobe as the centerpiece then 2-12 for L.A. is going to have to be significantly better than the old Bulls' 2-12. That is why Bynum needs minutes and to improve right now. He'll need to do more than Longley did cuz Bryant does less than MJ did.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:59 PM   #19
netsfanatic27
Rookie of the Year

netsfanatic27 is on a distinguished road

The lakers aren't that bad so far. From what I seen they're doing good without Kobe scoring the 35 points a game. But still...they won't do anything without a big man. I mean, let's be serious no matter how much they try and hype Kwame Brown he'll never be that. Mihm...get serious. If they get a REAL big man they'll be ok.
netsfanatic27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:10 PM   #20
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by netsfanatic27 View Post
The lakers aren't that bad so far. From what I seen they're doing good without Kobe scoring the 35 points a game. But still...they won't do anything without a big man. I mean, let's be serious no matter how much they try and hype Kwame Brown he'll never be that. Mihm...get serious. If they get a REAL big man they'll be ok.
Gee, since Shaq left, I'm not sure anyone's ever come to this conclusion. I mean EVER. Wow, and here I thought that Kwame Brown and Chris Mihm were like Russell and Chamberlain.

Thanks for the insight.
Sports Again?!
Old 12-30-2006, 02:20 PM   #21
Hall of Famer

Lakers miss Odom terribly. They got a split on this 6-game roadie, but really should've had Charlotte last night. Especially after Kobe went for 58. Brian Cook's been filling in really well in Odom's absence, but until Lamar comes back, it's a coin toss whether this team will win night-in, night-out. At least they're playing hard every game -- more than can be said of the last two seasons.
Sports Again?!
Old 01-02-2007, 04:26 PM   #22
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

Quote:
Lakers miss Odom terribly. They got a split on this 6-game roadie, but really should've had Charlotte last night. Especially after Kobe went for 58. Brian Cook's been filling in really well in Odom's absence, but until Lamar comes back, it's a coin toss whether this team will win night-in, night-out. At least they're playing hard every game -- more than can be said of the last two seasons.
Kobe had how many assists in that Charlotte game? They deserved to lose that one IMO.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:24 AM   #23
da12ken
Fast Food Brother #1

da12ken will become famous soon enough

Player, minutes played, Roland Rating

Farmar, 35%, +3.7
Parker, 61%, -8.3
Vujacic, 16%, -9.1

I've said it once, I'll say it a thousand times: Vujacic is a horrible player. Don't let the occasional jumper or steal fool you. Kupchek needs to cut his losses and not give Sasha an extension.

Farmar, deservedly, is getting more tick. Parker isn't too happy about this recent development, but it's only helping LA.

Follow all my idiot thoughts from the comfort of your computer.
da12ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:20 PM   #24
Hall of Famer

God, I love Farmar. Anything to keep Smush Parker on the bench.
Sports Again?!
Old 01-03-2007, 10:22 PM   #25
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post
Kobe had how many assists in that Charlotte game? They deserved to lose that one IMO.
Really? You think his assist total is to blame? Huh. I would've gone with poor defense. The Lakers are among the worst in PPG against. But if there's an opportunity to ride Kobe, I guess it must be seized.
Sports Again?!
Old 01-04-2007, 04:48 PM   #26
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

Last edited by buckeyefan78; 05-06-2007 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:16 PM   #27
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post
Who is the leader of this team again?

And the witch hunt continues...

Meanwhile, Kobe leads the team in assists (one shy of a triple-double in the win last night) and Walton, Odom, Cook (since Odom's injury), Kwame, Bynum (obviously) have all increased their productivity from a year ago. 2nd place in the division only to the blazing Suns.

But you're right. He's a monster.

And I'm not one of those people that is a flat out Kobe apologists either. Having actually watched this team play, it's plain to see that there is marked improvement from the last two seasons. A lot of that has to do with finally improving the 3-12 positions, but Kobe is definitely on board with Phil.
Sports Again?!
Old 01-05-2007, 08:41 PM   #28
trayhezy
All-Star Player

trayhezy is on a distinguished road

It's funny that people are buying into this team as a top team. It reminds me of us Cubs fans who feel good early only to wind up disappointed by mid-season.
until I'm Tiger dead
trayhezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 04:12 PM   #29
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayhezy View Post
It's funny that people are buying into this team as a top team. It reminds me of us Cubs fans who feel good early only to wind up disappointed by mid-season.
That it does.

#99...

Not to go into the whole Kobe situation over and over again but I want banners in the rafters. Anything less is failure as he created and accepted those terms. Now live with them.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:44 AM   #30
da12ken
Fast Food Brother #1

da12ken will become famous soon enough

Yep. championship or bust for the Lakers. There's no BCS Bowl to serve as a consolation prize in the NBA, especially for a storied franchise like LA.

That being said, there's a lot of progress being made with this squad. I still think they would be fools not to go for Garnett.

Follow all my idiot thoughts from the comfort of your computer.
da12ken is offline   Reply With Quote