Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge > Politics & Religion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2007, 05:55 PM   #91
IntheNet
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NOVA
Posts: 1,198
IntheNet is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
I think the country, in fact, would be much better served to have a new team at the Justice Department, across the board,
This is very wise for Newt, since he is deciding whether to run as a candidate. Appeal to democrat popular opinion to seperate yourself from current issues and/or current controversy. Does it affect Attorney General Gonzales that some candidate thinks he is guilty or innocent? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
Does Newt hate America too? Or were the Democrats right all along....
Other than mishandling the issue, what does Newt accuse the AG of doing? Nothing. You see, I don't judge other folks by what candidates say directly about them. Their entire candidate public speaking record is predicated upon what is good for the campaign; not so much what is good for the nation. Hillary Clinton is a good example of this.

In point of record, I would be curious to see you seperate yourself from your liberal lefty brethren and tell me what you think Attorney General Gonzales is guilty of? Directly? I don't mean what he might have said, in your imagination, in a meeeting five years ago, but what evidence you have on the Attorney General? Care to elaborate?
__________________
no vivzig pimps
IntheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:37 PM   #92
CKFresh
Most Hated Member
 
CKFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 7,377
CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
I don't mean what he might have said, in your imagination, in a meeeting five years ago, but what evidence you have on the Attorney General? Care to elaborate?
My imagination isn't necessary, the EMAILS exists, and have him directly linked to the case.

Why don't you ask you boyfriend Newt, he thinks that Gonzales should step down, why do you think that is? He thinks Gonzales should step down, yet a few weeks ago you said that Gonzales should not step down. Do you still have the same opinion, or are you with Newt?
__________________
Do yourself a favor, become your own savior.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:47 PM   #93
IntheNet
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NOVA
Posts: 1,198
IntheNet is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
the EMAILS exists, and have him directly linked to the case.
Do elaborate... explain the case against the AG...
__________________
no vivzig pimps
IntheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:56 PM   #94
CKFresh
Most Hated Member
 
CKFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 7,377
CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheNet View Post
Do elaborate... explain the case against the AG...
Ask Newt. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
__________________
Do yourself a favor, become your own savior.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:35 PM   #95
IntheNet
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NOVA
Posts: 1,198
IntheNet is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
Ask Newt. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GKFresh: This is why nobody takes you seriously... twice I have asked you to detail your belief in case against AG and you hestitated each time. My guess is that you can't...
__________________
no vivzig pimps
IntheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:02 AM   #96
CKFresh
Most Hated Member
 
CKFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 7,377
CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheNet View Post
GKFresh: This is why nobody takes you seriously... twice I have asked you to detail your belief in case against AG and you hestitated each time. My guess is that you can't...
I think you might be confusing me with you. Plenty of people take me seriously.

I "hestitated" to make a point. You continue to ask me about Gonzales, and what he did wrong, I am simply pointing out that the man you want to be president is saying Gonzales should step down. My point being, look to your own leaders and those you support for answers. Obviously I am not the only one who thinks this way.

But to answer your question:

The Justice Department has turned over thousands of pages of documents, including internal e-mails, to both the Senate panel and the House Judiciary Committee. Many of those documents suggest that Gonzales was deeply involved in the firing process, despite his public assertions that he was not.

In addition, Kyle Sampson, who resigned as Gonzales' chief of staff the day before the first release of e-mails, has testified before the Senate panel about his role in the firings. He has called the department's response to congressional questions about the dismissals "badly mishandled."

Many Democrats are now calling on Gonzales to step down. At the same time, several key Republicans have expressed their unhappiness with how Gonzales and the Bush administration have handled the matter.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...ationworld-hed

So stop calling this a "democratic fishing expedition." Look at your own party. Look at those you support. Many of them see the wrong-doing on Gonzales' part.

There are documents that implicate Gonzales in the incident. There are people who have directly named as a responsible party.

Again, ask Newt why he wants Gonzales to step down...
__________________
Do yourself a favor, become your own savior.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:26 AM   #97
catman
Humble MLB Moderator
 
catman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 9,328
catman will become famous soon enough
Default

Precisely what is Gonzales supposed to have done wrong here, Fresh?
Just an answer, not more rhetoric, if you please.
__________________
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:42 AM   #98
CKFresh
Most Hated Member
 
CKFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 7,377
CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Precisely what is Gonzales supposed to have done wrong here, Fresh?
He fired attorneys for political reason in the middle of Bush's term. Find me one Attorney General who has done this, in the middle of a term.

Your turn to answer a question: why do you think republicans are calling for his resignation?
__________________
Do yourself a favor, become your own savior.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:00 PM   #99
IntheNet
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NOVA
Posts: 1,198
IntheNet is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
He fired attorneys for political reason in the middle of Bush's term. Find me one Attorney General who has done this, in the middle of a term...
Yes he did. He fired 8 attorneys in the middle of the term. Clinton fired 93 in the beginning of the term. Find me a law that designates when attorneys may be fired and punishments for firing them anytime. There is no law. Nor is there any law saying when attorneys (or any other political appointees) may be fired. They serve at the pleasure of the president and they can be dismissed anytime.
__________________
no vivzig pimps
IntheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:14 PM   #100
CKFresh
Most Hated Member
 
CKFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 7,377
CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Clinton fired 93 in the beginning of the term
Nearly every president fires them at the beginning of the term. Find me one president who did it mid-term.

Of course there is no law, did I say he broke the law? No, I said he should step down for mishandling the situation. Just like Newt...
__________________
Do yourself a favor, become your own savior.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:18 PM   #101
catman
Humble MLB Moderator
 
catman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 9,328
catman will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
He fired attorneys for political reason in the middle of Bush's term. Find me one Attorney General who has done this, in the middle of a term.
I will deal with your question when you answer mine satisfactorily.
Is it illegal for the President to fire employees during his/her term in the White House? Also, prove these firings were done for strictly political reasons. I have already indicated that 1 of the 8 was incompetent. Mr. McKay was fired because he did not do his job. He should be disbarred for dereliction of duty.
__________________
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:23 PM   #102
CKFresh
Most Hated Member
 
CKFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 7,377
CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I will deal with your question when you answer mine satisfactorily.
Is it illegal for the President to fire employees during his/her term in the White House? Also, prove these firings were done for strictly political reasons. I have already indicated that 1 of the 8 was incompetent.
NOt illegal, no laws were broken, yet. When they get people to testify, someone will lie under oath, and then a law will be broken. At this point it was just a political mistake.

I am not saying it is a FACT that these were politically motivated firings, so therefore I can not prove it. All I can do is rely on the evidence to support my claim.

Now dodge my question one more time... You're very good at that.
__________________
Do yourself a favor, become your own savior.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:28 PM   #103
catman
Humble MLB Moderator
 
catman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 9,328
catman will become famous soon enough
Default

Fine. Nothing illegal was done, yet you continue to demand Gonzales' resignation or firing. For what reason is this demand being made?
I do not dodge questions, Fresh. I simply want mine answered completely. Failing to answer them makes your questions moot.
__________________
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:28 PM   #104
IntheNet
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NOVA
Posts: 1,198
IntheNet is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
NOt illegal, no laws were broken...

As far as I am concerned this discuission ends, since you have admitted above what I firmly feel.

There will no doubt be investigations, high-drama testimony, and accusations issued, but in the end I see this as an attempt by the Democrat-led Judiciary Committee to make much out of very little.
__________________
no vivzig pimps
IntheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:32 PM   #105
CKFresh
Most Hated Member
 
CKFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 7,377
CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Fine. Nothing illegal was done, yet you continue to demand Gonzales' resignation or firing. For what reason is this demand being made?
I do not dodge questions, Fresh. I simply want mine answered completely. Failing to answer them makes your questions moot.
Ok catman, but the things you are criticizing me of are the same things NEWT GINGRICH SAYS!!!!!!!

How is that not an issue for you?

This is bull****.

I'm sick of having a one way conversation with you. You only have it your way or no way. You can demand proof, yet give none. You can ask questions and answer none. You play this game where you say nothing and only ask questions. When you are presented with a tough question, you don't answer it because I didn't answer the question the way that makes you happy. Sorry, if we disagree, my answers aren't going to make you happy. That doesn't make my point any less valuable.

Answer this question, or say goodbye to a valuable member of this site:

WHY DO YOU THINK NEWT GINGRICH (and other republicans) IS ASKING FOR THE RESIGNATION OF ALBERTO GONZALES?????
__________________
Do yourself a favor, become your own savior.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Benefits in Walter Reed Issue... IntheNet Politics & Religion 27 03-06-2007 12:34 PM
Sports Central Newsletter - #90 - Solving the BCS Puzzle Marc News and Announcements 0 11-18-2002 06:09 PM
Sports Central Newsletter - #78 - MLB's Steroid Firestorm Marc News and Announcements 0 06-09-2002 03:49 PM
Sports Central Newsletter - #74 - Baseball's Winners in 2002 Marc News and Announcements 0 04-08-2002 05:26 PM
Sports Central Newsletter - #71 - Wanted For Grand Theft Marc News and Announcements 0 02-24-2002 09:41 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:40 AM.