Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 04-28-2007, 02:01 PM   #16
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Wow! What are the Dolphins doing?

No, I doubt the Bills will take Quinn. They seemed satisfied enough with Losman's progression last year to trade Holcomb away. Losman had the look of being a solid starter last year and they have bigger needs than QB right now anyway.

I would not be shocked if the Panthers grabbed him. Maybe the Chiefs make a play for him? It is going to be very interesting to see where he goes.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 02:58 PM   #17
Billy D
Alternative View

Billy D is on a distinguished road

After Revis goes to Jets at 14, I'm hoping Leon Hall slides to the Pack at #16. Might be tough to pass on Greg Olsen and Reggie Nelson
Billy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 03:06 PM   #18
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

Things are getting very interesting since the Niners snagged Willis. I really thought the Bills would go corner if Willis was off the board then.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:07 PM   #19
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough

I am shocked that Hall fell all the way to the 18th pick for the Bengals. He will be a great addition. With Jonathan Joseph and Leon Hall, the Bengals have to good young CBs for the future. The Bengals need a safety or LB in round two, unless there is some other player who is too good to pass on.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:30 PM   #20
Billy D
Alternative View

I guess I spoke too soon on trades-- 7 of them in the first round

Browns have to be happy to get a starting LT and QB out of the draft

I'm shocked that Poszluzuzniszy fell to the 2nd round-- rated #6 player overall by Sporting News, and predicted by most to go around 15-20. From what i've read, all around athlete who can play pass and run with no character issues... i wonder what happened.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:39 AM   #21
da12ken
Fast Food Brother #1

da12ken will become famous soon enough

Pretty good draft for the Raiders. Picking up McCown and Williams from Detroit is a low-risk, high-reward move.

Follow all my idiot thoughts from the comfort of your computer.
da12ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:10 AM   #22
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Brady Quinn is either going to be the next Dan Marino, or the next Aaron Rodgers. Can't believe he dropped all the way to #22.

What the Patriots did really puzzled me: They were supposed to be all about winning now, yet they traded two of their first-day picks - a #1 and a #3 - for selections in the corresponding rounds of next year's draft (plus lower-round choices in this one).

And the Eagles made perhaps the most thought-provoking move, trading out of the first round altogether (and thus lacking a first-rounder for the first time since 1992) and then going with a quarterback at #36 (somebody had to finish third in the QB draft derby, but no way did I think it would be them; and it makes you wonder whether the McNabb Era may be coming to its weary and merciful end). Don't like their other second-rounder at all (they need another undersized defensive lineman like Anna Nicole Smith needed more prescriptions!) but both third-rounders were awesome - and Tony Hunt might be the picture-perfect complement to Brian Westbrook in more ways than one, in that Hunt, like Westbrook, is a third-round draftee from a Pennsylvania school!
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:32 AM   #23
da12ken
Fast Food Brother #1

Yea, that QB pick was pretty interesting. Didn't Reid say right after selecting Kolb he called McNabb and said there was nothing to worry about?

Old 04-29-2007, 01:30 PM   #24
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

DETMURDS has a little shameless behavior in the past

I'm suprised that nobody here has blasted the Lions for going with a WR! I hope it is not a mistake. Matt Millen is dead meat in Detroit if this fails.
DETMURDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:09 PM   #25
Billy D
Alternative View

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETMURDS View Post
I'm suprised that nobody here has blasted the Lions for going with a WR! I hope it is not a mistake. Matt Millen is dead meat in Detroit if this fails.
I think it's funny they took another WR, but it's a good move. My goodness, their #2 WR was a converted safety and they had no good #3 going into this year. Joe Thomas wouldn't have been bad there either, but Calvin will do fine.

How about a couple TEs jumping Ben Patrick in the draft, and then the Packers also neglected to take him. What happened there?
Old 04-29-2007, 04:43 PM   #26
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
What the Patriots did really puzzled me: They were supposed to be all about winning now, yet they traded two of their first-day picks - a #1 and a #3 - for selections in the corresponding rounds of next year's draft (plus lower-round choices in this one).
I thought it was a great move. They traded their other 1st round pick so they have another next year. Now they have 2 first round picks agin next year - staying a step ahead.
They really don't need much this year. I safety for sure and they grabbed one in the 1st round. Now they traded away a 4th round pick for Randy Moss. Sweet deal IMO. With all the free agent moves plus this weekend, looks to me like the Patriots are after another SB this year!
Old 04-29-2007, 06:17 PM   #27
da12ken
Fast Food Brother #1

I think the Moss trade was a good deal both ways. WTF is Green Bay doing?

Old 04-29-2007, 07:05 PM   #28
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by da12ken View Post
Yea, that QB pick was pretty interesting. Didn't Reid say right after selecting Kolb he called McNabb and said there was nothing to worry about?
That is because there is not anything to worry about. By the time Kolb is ready to start McNabb will probably be ready to retire. Unless Reid knows something the rest of the free world doesn't Kolb is seen as a project player who has played in the same gimmicky offense in high school and college. I hate this selection, not only did they reach way too far to get him, they probably could have gotten him in the 3rd round. Unless they intend on releasing Feely or Holcomb I don't understand using the 36th pick of the draft on someone only to put him on the practice squad.

To be honest the only picks I truly like are C. J. Gaddis who should be a good nickle back and Tony Hunt who is a good between the tackles style of a runner.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:50 AM   #29
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough

I see Cincinnati drafted another Auburn Tigers RB in Kenny Irons.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:34 PM   #30
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough

Here's a good draft report and the possible consequences of their choices:

I like Cleveland choosing Brady Quinn and Joe Thomas.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18388436/