Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Old 05-30-2008, 05:56 PM   #16
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

BWAHAHAHA. I forgot about this. (still have the scar) TRIPLE POST!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin Mike View Post
Okay, to fully tell this story, let me 1st explain my job. I am the area manager for a local pest control company. One of my jobs is to keep our equipment running smoothly, especially the pumps on the back of our trucks. They are our bread and butter. So when one has problems, my job is to do the most that i can to fix it, that way we can save as much money as possible.

Now, i will describe a rig setup. One hose runs from the tank to the pump and motor. Another hose runs from the pump to a reel, which in turn flows to the hose that is pulled off the truck. The hose attached to the reel isn't supposed to move, but for some reason, it began to turn whenever the reel turned, thereby twisting the hose and crimping it, cutting off any chemical from coming out. (make sense? i thought not.)

After looking at the connection for a few minutes, one of the employees under my supervision figured we needed to take the fitting off and see what was going on. Seemed like a logical plan, and seeing cow there was a clip holding the fitting on, and i sent him inside to get a couple of screw drivers. He walked back out and handed me one of the tools, and while he held the clamp in place on the other side w/the other screwdriver, i proceeded to pry the clip off. Suddenly, w/the pressure he was asserting on the other screwdriver, he slipped. His screwdriver hit my index finger. No big deal, except his screwdriver has left a gash that is now gushing blood. (Okay, maybe gushing is a little strong, but it was pretty close.) Turns out the genius though his pocket knife could double as a screwdriver. I just sort of stared at him for a minute, not believing he could be so stupid.

It was at this point, he asks if I'm okay. "Did I get you?" he asks. Oh i don't know. I think the blood pooling on the tailgate is just from the guy whose body i dragged into the woods last night. Dumbass.

I am too ticked to even begin yelling, so i send him off, and head inside to stop the bleeding. I throw a couple of band aids on, which get bled through pretty quickly. About the time i figure i need to go see about stitches, it stops "gushing." Kick azz. Now I'll just throw another band aid on and get back to work.

It's about 4 hours later, and I've just stopped in at a local restaraunt to make sure they are happy with our service. I am walking out and bump my hand. I feel something trickle and look down to see blood has soaked through the band aids, and is dripping pretty heavy. (one of the waitresses almost passes out. point for me. ) At which point i figure, maybe i need to go see a doctor.

4 FRIGGIN STITCHES!!!!!! I am hurting like a MF, except when i pop a darvocet left over from my knee surgery. I have to wear a surgical glove whenever i take a shower. And i get to go back to the doctor in a week. I don't see Mr Mechanic again until Tuesday, which is when I'll come face to face w/my dilemma.

Do I kill him fast, or slow? :redhot:
Dublin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:41 PM   #17
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Nice work, fellas. :thumbup:

I'm thinking some sorta SCMB contest to see who can get the most old members to return and/or recruit new ones? How about a prize (TBD)? Eh? :angel:
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:45 AM   #18
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Me? I'm afraid my 'resume' is a bit weak for that particular job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post
First up...

What percentage of people believe the 1969 moon landing was staged?

According to a 1999 poll conducted by the The Gallup Organization, what Gallup termed an "overwhelming majority" of the US public, some 89 percent, did not believe the landing was faked, while 6 percent did. What percentage were undecided is unknown.

Answer: 6%

Where are you on this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama4256 View Post
I saw it live back in 1969. It was real as for as I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghGuy View Post
People of all ages:

I come to you today to wish you a happy Mattress Day! How many times do you wake in the morning and say thank you to your mattress? That's right! None! Your mattress is a great thing and you should not take it for granted.

Stan Mattress is the man who invented the mattress back in 1850 - or something like that - before then, people had to sleep on hay and uncomfortable stuff. With Stan's invention, humans finally had good night sleeps. It's truly amazing what Mr. Mattress did and we should thank him (as well as our mattress) for the great things he has done. Thank you Mr. Stan Mattress!

While today, September 30, is the unofficial Mattress Day, I have been calling my reprentatives in both the House and Senate to try and get September 30 to become the offical Mattress Day of the United States for the past 10 years. They haven't returned my calls, but wouldn't that be something if I was able to get this to be a national holiday?

I suggest you all do the same - calling your representatives - and together we can do this! We can fight the machine!

So, before your mom tucks you in to bed tonight, say "Thanks, mattress, for all the wonderful things you do."

Have a great day!

NOTE: This is not to be confused with Flip Your Mattress Day (May 15).

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveox

Hi I just Joined
Could anyone tell me what the rules are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis

Rules Of Sports Central:

1st RULE: You do not talk about Sports Central.

2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about Sports Central.

3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out the fight is over.

4th RULE: Only two guys to a fight.

5th RULE: One fight at a time.

6th RULE: No shirts, no shoes.

7th RULE: Fights will go on as long as they have to.

8th RULE: If this is your first night at Sports Central, you HAVE to fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post
I'm really going down hill here. First, I get the flu Thursday night ( it's in full swing now) and then I awake this morning with a sore shoulder for no reason ( must have slept funny). And worse yet, I had to miss the Pearl Jam concert tonight !!! Someone post a worse fate then mine....PLEASE !
Old 01-13-2011, 02:42 PM   #19
ghostofSC
All-Star Player

ghostofSC is on a distinguished road

Ah, one of the great posts from the good old days. Whatever happened to guys like BostonAloha, Dublin Mike and Ken. Did they just disappear? Banned? Anyone?
ghostofSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:30 AM   #20
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofSC View Post
Ah, one of the great posts from the good old days. Whatever happened to guys like BostonAloha, Dublin Mike and Ken. Did they just disappear? Banned? Anyone?
Boston and Mike have reappeared, none were banned. I love how everyone assumes people were banned, when in reality, just a tiny percentage (like 0.1%) of people have been banned. And even those have been lifted. poptart, I'm on the fence...
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #21
NAR(cotics)
SC's Most Opinionated!

NAR(cotics) is on a distinguished road

I like Poptarts name lol.

Anyway I just read through this thread, it is funny I like it.

My only championship this year....college soccer. :thumbdown:
NAR(cotics) is offline   Reply With Quote