Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 12-12-2003, 03:59 PM   #1
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough
Default Where the hell have I been ?

Hello everyone !

Been gone for awhile. My new job is a little different then what I thought it would be, but I like it alot. Still, can't get on here til perhaps January.

So much I missed. Ohio State lost to Wisconsin first off. Joey and Dave missed rubbing that one in my face...LOL.

Michigan over Ohio State...ugghhhh. Hopefully some of the " outsiders" got to see what this game really means though. Just lost to a superior team. No shame like Oklahoma's loss.

BCS....hmmm...no time really.

How about this Rose Bowl though? LOVE IT !!! TRADITION IS BACK ! And USC isn't getting screwed IMO. Who wants to play a team that layed down for an opponent? Oklahoma is a cowardly heartless team. Too bad LSU gets them.

If Oklahoma beats LSU and Michigan beats USC, I am crowning the Wolverines National Champs. Oklahoma has no pride, and if they win, I won't give them squat.

USC is National Champs...PERIOD in my eyes with a win against Blue. Only an LSU win can earn them some respect from me. I still put them two if USC wins, if Blue wins and LSU wins, I crown the Tigers Champs.

Heisman doesn't interest me.

BCS picks...

Oklahoma 28 LSU 6
Miami...Florida State...who cares...kill each other.
Ohio St. 22 K State 9
Michigan 41 USC 21.

So obviously I think Michigan will be champs in my mind. Then Ohio State beats them in Columbus next November and it's their turn again.

Hey, I can dream.

And how about the strength of the Big Ten this year ? Iowa and Purdue deserve BCS bids over Miami and FLA ST., NO DOUBT. Had to put that in there. Wouldn't be a true post if I didn't go off the deep end on the Midwest for Dave....LOL.

See ya guys later in January hopefully !
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 09:26 PM   #2
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

You were missed, 78. Too bad you disappeared for the bulk of the season.
Glad all is okay. I worried something had happened. I knew your location and job were changing, but you hadn't indicated you'd vanish from the face of the Earth...

Of course, I should have expected it, moving back to Ohio, and all, and Ohio having little or nothing in common with the rest of the world ....

I suppose we can wait to read you again.

Dave
Old 12-13-2003, 01:31 AM   #3
Aristides
All-Star Player

Aristides is on a distinguished road

"How about this Rose Bowl though? LOVE IT !!! TRADITION IS BACK ! And USC isn't getting screwed IMO. Who wants to play a team that layed down for an opponent? Oklahoma is a cowardly heartless team. Too bad LSU gets them."

WOW! A buckeye that knows and LOVES tradition. Don't see that to often. *sarcasam*

Welcome back from your Wolverine rival,

~A

Last edited by Aristides; 12-13-2003 at 12:24 PM.
Aristides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 03:38 PM   #4
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Welcome back! :wavey:

Like Dave, I was worried and puzzled, but glad you will be back into the swing of things. I think the Pac-10 especially missed your defense and allegiance in debates here, and your missing presence was felt. Hurry back!
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 03:39 PM   #5
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks guys.

Looks like I'm taking a class at Youngstown State University this semester for my job. I'll try to find my way onto one of the million computers on campus and check in more often. Feels weird to be on campus with all these kids ! I should be sticking closer to home and not traveling so much once school starts next week. I've been bouncing back and forth between Akron, Kent, YSU, and even up to Cleveland State for my job.That's the good part about taking this class. My boss says he'd make sure of that if I took the class for work. Sticking closer to Y-town that is.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 05:24 PM   #6
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

So '78, what exactly is your job? Seems interesting for a guy like you to be back on campus! I sure bet that feels weird, but at least you have access to computers. Again, glad to have you back and hope you can check in more often!
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 06:10 PM   #7
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

Welcome back, but couldn't you have timed this whole job-changing thing better. We missed what were likely some bitter board fights...

Dave