Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

View Poll Results: Is T.O. worth the Cowboy's time, money, and effort?
Yes 5 38.46%
No 8 61.54%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-17-2006, 10:48 AM   #1
chiefsfan27
Paul Foeller

chiefsfan27 is on a distinguished road
Default We all hate T.O., but is he even that good?

The guy has 15 dropped passes as of last night. I know he has 1000 yards and 11 TD, but he's dropped some crucial balls in a couple of their losses as well.

He is of course a huge distraction and after last night, apparently, classless.
chiefsfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:53 AM   #2
NY Jay 05
East Coaster

NY Jay 05 is on a distinguished road

I think he definitley is helping out the Cowboys this season. Without T.O., opposing teams would probably just double cover Terry Glenn. Now they have 2 big threat receivers to worry about.

2005 NFL Pick 'Em Champion
NY Jay 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:24 PM   #3
Ellis
gymnopedist

Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about

Even though his finger is messed up, which is why he is dropping a good amount of passes, he is definantly worth all of the time and distractions he may cause the Cowboys.

He has put up fairly good numbers this year and Glen would not be having the type of season he has had if it wasn't for Owens.
Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:26 PM   #4
NYG Babe 28
Dear Abby of Sports

Location: Originally NY, Temporarily San Diego but moving to Boston!
NYG Babe 28 is on a distinguished road

I think he is helping the Cowboys but I think they could have picked up another receiver with about just as much talent and a lot less drama and problems. He will tear apart that team like he did the others. He is a self-centered drama queen and a good WR with potential to be great... but he is holding himself back from getting there. I think he will be the achilles of the Cowboys.

Last edited by NYG Babe 28; 12-17-2006 at 01:26 PM. Reason: typo
NYG Babe 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:42 PM   #5
Cure
Agnostic Cards fan

Cure is on a distinguished road

TO will put up good numbers and he will always be an awful influence in the locker-room...personally, I wouldn't want to deal with it.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:34 PM   #6
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis View Post
Even though his finger is messed up, which is why he is dropping a good amount of passes, he is definantly worth all of the time and distractions he may cause the Cowboys.
TO has always had a reputation for dropping passes, it just magnified more now that he is playing for a team that has one of the highest profiles in the league and because he is dropping a lot more than he usually has in the past.

He dropped his share in Philly as well, but nobody really cared that much because he was almost always good for at least 1 TD and 100 yards every game.

His propensity to drop balls he should catch has always been the one knock on the guy.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 03:38 PM   #7
coachJ
All-Star Player

coachJ is on a distinguished road

He doesnt drop the one against Washington, the Cowboys are 10-4 instead of 9-5 at this point...
coachJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:23 AM   #8
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis View Post

He has put up fairly good numbers this year and Glen would not be having the type of season he has had if it wasn't for Owens.

T.O. and Michael Vick: A tale of two fingers! :lol:

And Reggie Brown would not be having the type of season he has had if it wasn't for Donte' Stallworth, whose hamstring has been responsible for the only distraction he has caused the Eagles.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 06:00 PM   #9
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

T.O. is at it again...complaining he's not included. Maybe someone should get together a highlite reel of the Eagle game of his drops. On the bomb, no way any excuse of a bad finger explains that one. Perfect pass by Romo & a perfect drop by Owens...

Never a smart move to start in on the game plan with Parcells & I don't doubt Owens personna helped subtley force Romo to heave that ill advised bomb that Dawkins intercepted...

Just such an immature goof...

T.O. complains about involvement in offense

IRVING, Texas (AP) - Terrell Owens is 0-for-2 against the Philadelphia Eagles. That's the least of his problems.

While he wore a Cowboys-branded Santa hat on his head, Owens certainly wasn't joyful Christmas night. His frustration was evident after a 23-7 loss, when he scored the only Dallas touchdown, then complained several times that not enough passes are coming his way.

"I just feel like I'm not involved early in the game," Owens said. "Everybody knows that's what I do. Every team that I've played on, I've been involved early and often. It's hard to get in the flow when you're getting a ball here, a ball there."

Owens had only three balls come his direction before halftime, all on the drive that ended with his 14-yard TD pass with 36 seconds left to get Dallas within 10-7. He also caught a 9-yard pass and another attempt resulted in an illegal contact penalty against the Eagles.

Those were Owens' only catches in the game.

After the Eagles stretched their lead to 16-7 in the third quarter, Owens let an almost perfectly thrown deep ball by Tony Romo go right through his hands along the sideline. He said there should have been a penalty on Brian Dawkins, who was defending him.

"He bumped me way down the field and I started to regroup. By the time I looked up and located the ball, it was right on me," Owens said.

"All receivers are going to drop the ball," Romo said, downplaying it.

Romo, the Pro Bowl quarterback whose 142 yards were his fewest in his nine starts, threw toward a double-covered Owens early in the fourth quarter. Dawkins was there again, making a nifty over-the-shoulder grab for an interception.

"Late in the game, they start throwing to me," Owens said. "By that time, it's too late. I'm giving full effort. I want to be involved."

Owens didn't have a catch in the first half in his much-hyped October return to Philadelphia, when he finished with only three grabs for 45 yards and the Eagles won 38-24.

"It's not necessarily embarrassing that we lost to them," T.O. said. "I was embarrassed by the way we played offensively."

Owens insisted it wasn't a personal grudge match for him against the Eagles, the team that he helped lead to the Super Bowl in 2004 before being suspended midway through last year. That included his bitter and public feud with quarterback Donovan McNabb.

"What about it?" Owens said. "That shouldn't have any bearing on the game. That's my time and you know those guys are my friends. I'm not going to shy away from my friends for anybody."

As for what he might say to his current quarterback about getting the ball more, Owens indicated that the problem wasn't Romo, but rather the plays being called.

"I don't think it's necessarily anything Tony and I need to talk about. He knows that I'm going to try my hardest to make some plays for him," he said. "When the plays aren't really designed for me to get involved in the offense, he's going to go with the plays that are called."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6304664?FSO1&ATT=HMA
Old 12-26-2006, 06:25 PM   #10
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Tarkus (said in a scolding voice)...we're in the healing process right now. Don't start in with this stuff...

Hey, even Madden said something remotely intelligent on T.O. when he dropped that long pass:

Owens had run out of bounds during his route (and has been frequently doing so in recent weeks). Even if Owens had caught that pass it may not have counted had the ref seen him run out of bounds.

Now...back to the healing process.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 09:25 PM   #11
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

:lol:

Yea, he's like a big scab...keep pickin' at him & he won't heal...
Old 12-27-2006, 01:49 AM   #12
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

I also saw a soundbite on ESPN where he said he thought they were going to throw a flag for illegal contact so that is why he didn't really try to catch the ball.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 02:01 AM   #13
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

HibachiDG is on a distinguished road

That thing he is doing with his arms...the T and then the O...absolutely hilarious. So, uh, he's got that going for him.
HibachiDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 03:25 AM   #14
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

But what Tony Romo clowning around before the game the way he was?

Looked like he was really focused - I must say!
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 03:10 PM   #15
dhhsl
Sports Enthusiast

dhhsl is on a distinguished road

Before I give my opinion, I have to admit the following: his performance in SB 39 was downright heroic. Also, he fractured his hand in the second game of this season, and is currently playing with a detached tendon in the same hand. Regardless of his historical propensity for dropping passes, he has put up remarkable numbers this year.

Having said that, I would not want him on my team. He's been called many names: prima-donna, immature, cancerous ad nauseum. They all seem to be true. He destroyed the 49er locker room when he was there, and did the same to the Eagles. It remains to be seen how much longer he will last with Dallas.

As talented as he is, he ain't worth the trouble. As Spock once said, "The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few or the one." T.O. needs to take up golf or tennis or something, because he seems incapable of being a team player.
dhhsl is offline   Reply With Quote