Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Miscellaneous Sports Discussion > Other Sports Blitz > Hockey

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 12:46 AM   #1
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

lmanchur. is on a distinguished road
Default [NHL 2002-2003] Official Predictions

Lay it down here, dudes. The season is just days away, and it's about time!!!!
Old 10-02-2002, 05:32 AM   #2
Bran
Sports Virtuoso

Bran is on a distinguished road

I'll do my quick sum-up of all 30 teams,

EASTERN CONFRENCE

Atlantic

Philadelphia Flyers - Should come off strong, Lots of scoring threats and if Roman Cechmanek can be on his game expect positive things from Philly again.

New York Islanders - With Peca out the first couple of months look for Yashin and Parish to carry the offencive load, I think they'll improve then last year and turn some heads.

New Jersey Devils - Came off a okay year last year, Upset by Carolina in the first round, Losing Holik is a giant blow, Brodeur needs to have a solid year for any hope.

New York Rangers - On paper, This team should be doing very well, But for this orginization it looks like they cant buy a good team. They'll need solid goaltending, As they have good offencive guys to score. I think they can improve.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Should be a low year for The Pens, Lemieux expects to play around 70 games in which I think he won't make. Great leadership, However not too many guys to fill pucks in the net.

Northeast

Boston Bruins - So far Dafoe isn't signed, Looks like he won't be. Also, Losing Guerin hurts the offencive line. I still think they can put together something in the East but won't match Top seed as they did last year.

Toronto Maple Leafs - Losing Curtis Joesph was a huge blow to this team, Ed Belfour came off his worst year last year and Leafs also lose they're backup Schwab and replace him in Kidd. I expect goaltending issues in Leaf world, I do not think they'll match a 100 point season again.

Ottawa Senators - Great year last year for Ottawa, This is a young and very up and coming team. Patrick Lalime has emerged into a solid goalie, and re-signing Alfredson was a positive move. Could be the year for them in the East.

Montreal Canadiens - Should be a good year for The Habs, Theodore proved last year how valuable he is, Perreault has promise as does Richard Zednik. Also have good leadership in Gilmour.

Buffalo Sabres - Goaltending has haunted this team since Hasek left, Biron isn't the guy for this franchise to take them on a good run, And only scoring threat remains to be Miroslav Satan, I dont see this team to have much to play for.

Southeast

Carolina Hurricanes - Great ending for this team last year. Played the trap so well, BBC line was productive threw the playoffs, and Irbe stepped up his game during the postseason. I expect them to have another solid year.

Washington Capitals - All depends on what kind of goalie we'll see out of Kolzig. Jagr and Bondra are scoring threats, But the question remains will it be a improved Kolzig or a washed up one?

Tampa Bay Lightning - Not too much high hopes for Tampa Bay, They dont have a scoring threat, Brad Richards led the team in scoring with 20 goals, and the team is filled with mediocre goaltending.

Florida Panthers - Tough year for the Panthers, Although adding Hurme from The Sens adds youth into the goaltending position, Luongo and Hurme could suprise and steal some games.

Atlanta Thrashers - Dany Heatley & Ilya Kovalchuk will carry this team to a not so bad year. Won't make the playoffs or win too many games, But I expect both player to match the individual sucess of last year.

----------------------------------

WESTERN CONFRENCE

Central

Detroit Red Wings - Not so new coach, and great replacement in Joesph in Hasek, Means not much has changed in Hockeytown. The loss of Steve Yzerman for the first couple of months hurts, But this team remains deep into the West and have a good chance in repeating as Stanley Cup Champions.

St. Louis Blues - This could be a really great team, Only thing that will haunt them is they're goaltending issues. Brent Johnson doesn't seem to be the right fit for this team. Has a chance to turn heads if he can.

Chicago Blackhawks - The loss of Tony Amonte hurts this club alot and will reflect into a not as good year as last. Look for Eric Daze to carry the load, and Thibault will have to steal games.

Nashville Predators - Not too much talent on this team, Really depends on what kind of year Mike Dunahm will have, He is the key to sucess right now for the Nashville Predators.

Columbus Bluejackets - Probably the worst team in the NHL to come into this year. Really don't have much to play for except for the lottery next year.

Northwest

Colorado Avalanche - This is the team who should give the Stanley Cup Champions some fits this year. Patrick Roy has been money his entire career, Sakic is MVP material, and Forsberg back into the mix helps this solid team out even more.

Vancouver Canucks - Very young and up-coming team to come out of the Western Confrence. Only questionable to this team is how good will Cloutier be threw the season. Naslund, D & H Sedin, Bertuzzi are very up and coming. This team could very well suprise us.

Edmonton Oilers - A 92 point finish for this team last year wasn't bad at all, Only fell short of a playoff spot. Tommy Salo is key. This team also is up and coming with talent in Smyth, Comrie and Carter. Another young team who may turn heads.

Calgary Flames - This is Jarome Iginla's team, No question he'll need to have the same season as he did last year for a postseason birth. Turek has to be solid, and adding Drury into the lineup helps.

Minnesota Wild - Good young team here, Had a good start last year. I expect Marian Gaborik to match his sucess he had last year as well as Andrew Brunette. Goaltending remains a factor for this team though, Which may be holding them back.

Pacific

San Jose Sharks - A very solid team, Only thing I question is goaltending for them. Nolan, Selanne, and Thorton can score for this team. However to take them to that next step they need to adress the goaltending.

Phoenix Coyotes - Great run last year, turned some heads. Adding Amonte helps this team, But I think they might take a step back. Burke I feel had his last good year and could rank as a Ed Belfour, past his prime.

Los Angeles Kings - This team can do pretty good, Palfy and Deadmarsh are scoring threats and Potvin could get hot in a hurry, This is a team who has given Colorado fits for the past two playoffs, taking them to back to back game seven's.

Dallas Stars - Enough scoring and offence in this team, Adding Guerin makes them even more deep ofencivley, But goaltending really hurts this team also. If they could work a trade for a decent goalie then they could heat up. Im not set on Turco.

Anaheim Mighty Ducks - Not so Mighty are these Ducks, Kariya as always should have a good year, Oates and Friesen possibly too. But managment is doing a poor job of building this franchise, I don't see it going anywhere.

So I'll make final picks here:

EAST

1. *Philadelphia Flyers
2. *Ottawa Senators
3. *Carolina Hurricanes
4. New York Islanders
5. Montreal Canadiens
6. New Jersey Devils
7. Toronto Maple Leafs
8. New York Rangers
-----------------------------
9. Boston Bruins
10. Washington Capitals
11. Buffalo Sabres
12. Pittsburgh Penguins
13. Atlanta Thrashers
14. Florida Panthers
15. Tampa Bay Lightning

WEST

1. **Detroit Red Wings
2. *Colorado Avalanche
3. *San Jose Sharks
4. St. Louis Blues
5. Vancouver Cannucks
6. Edmonton Oilers
7. Dallas Stars
8. Los Angeles Kings
-----------------------------
9. Chicago Blackhawks
10. Calgary Flames
11. Phoenix Coyotes
12. Minnesota Wild
13. Nashville Predators
14. Anaheim Mighty Ducks
15. Columbus Blue Jackets

Last edited by Bran; 10-02-2002 at 05:38 AM.
Old 10-02-2002, 11:30 AM   #3
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

Exclamation LEE'S LINE: THEE WORD ON NHL02][03

ATLANTIC DIVISION
--With Ken Hitchcock coaching and a revamped line-up, the Flyers should be at the top of this division, followed closesly by the Islanders who have built quite the team. Milbury finally got it right on this, his final attempt to re-build the Islanders. The Devils, by adding Tverdosvsky and keeper Martin Brodeur should prove to be just as sound defensively as they always are despite losing defensive forward Bobby Holik. This division and really, the entire Conference is so competitive that the team left off of the playoff list will again be the Rangers. I hate the defensive game but by golly -- it wins, and the Rangers have not built a good enough core on the blue line... and Richter in goal with his aching knees and back and neck and toes and fingers and teeth and eyebrows and ankles doesn't help. ...........What do you say?? there's another team in this divisoin??? O ya, the Pens... they'll suck this year. Kovalev is not worth what he's asking and without Jagr and only a 51% Lemieux, they cannot succeed.

1. Philadelphia Flyers
2. New York Islanders
3. New Jersey Devils
4. New York Rangers
5. Pittsburgh Penguins

NORTHEAST DIVISION
As always, this should be the closest-contested division in the Eastern Conference, with 3 Original-6 teams, 3 Canadian teams, and the Sabres that everyone eats up in the post-Hasek age. Thruough a trade with the Panthers, the Sens have increased their depth up front while sacrificing one of the top back-up goalies in the Conference in Hurme, and with Chara back for a new season and guys like Spezza comming in, the Sens should have another 100-point season and the Eastern Conference title. In Montreal, things are looking very positive with Gilmour comming back and Zednik as well... and although I was mad at Mr. Vineault, I'm glad he's back for this season too... the whole staff in Montreal is great, but it's the d-line that needs to step up in order for the Habs to go to the next level and give Theo that extra support. The Leafs are already blaming their lack of success in 2003 on injuries (Roberts out 'till January), and why they chose Belfour over CuJo or Dafoe, I really don't know... speaking of Dafoe, who is the goalie in Boston now? I forget. They don't have Geurin in there either and they are going down after a few short seasons of going up. The Sabres are bankrupt and have no goalie and no offense short of Satan. I have to say though, the Sabres still have the best play-by-play guy in the NHL. He's sweet.

1. Ottawa Senators
2. Montreal Canadiens
3. Toronto Maple Leafs
4. Boston Bruins
5. Buffalo Sabres

SOUTHEAST DIVISION

Ahh yes, who can forget about the weakest division in hockey, comprised of 3/5ths expansion teams that can never seem to get off the ground. First you got the Panthers who signed the Complaining Russian duo, though only half of that duo is left and probably soon to be gone -- Valeri, the overrated one. Contrary to what Brian said, the 'Bolts are superb in goal -- Khabby will get 85% of the games or more and at the All-Star break last year, the Lighting were THIRD behind Detroit and Coloardo in Goals Allowed. That's outstanding for a near-last placed team if you ask me. Fredrick Modin is due in for a big year and I think there are a lot of positivies in Tampa. The Thrashers are being built through the draft and are very good for how old the franchise is, but lack a proven #1 goalie. The Hurricanes didn't lose much this offseason, and Kapanen, Brindamour, Francis, Cole, Bataglia, and Irbe make up a good core for a team, but they are still nothing compared to the likes of the Sens, Philly, and the Western Conference no matter how well they are coached (they barely made the playoffs as it was last year, 15th in the overall standings). Thus, I'm saying the Caps will rebound after a horrible season plagued by injuries and bad chemistry. A new coach and a new season should help to fix that and Kolzig is due for a big year IMO.

1. Washington Capitals
2. Carolina Hurricanes
3. Tampa Bay Lightning
4. Atlanta Thrashers
5. Florida Panthers

EASTERN CONFERENCE
1. *Ottawa Senators
2. *Philadelphia Flyers
3. *Washington Capitals
4. New York Islanders
5. Montreal Canadiens
6. Toronto Maple Leafs
7. New Jersey Devils
8. Boston Bruins
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
9. Carolina Hurricanes
10. Buffalo Sabres
11. New York Rangers
12. Tampa Bay Lightning
13. Atlanta Thrashers
14. Pittsburgh Penguins
15. Florida Panthers
Old 10-03-2002, 02:37 AM   #4
Bran
Sports Virtuoso

What no West recap? Hey its okay, We know Detroit wins out

I can see we agree about the Flyers, Sens, Habs, Leafs and Devils making the playoffs. Im not sure about Boston, it looks like they won't sign Dafoe so its Shields time. That hurts, And Your not giving much respect to Carolina, This team REALLY proved themselves last year, When it counts in the playoff time.
Old 10-03-2002, 08:49 AM   #5
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

West will be up later

I think we both agree that the Regular Season and Playoff hockey games are different, and Carolina barely made the playoffs last year if you go by overall points -- only Montreal was worse than them in terms of overall points, and Montreal has a much harder schedule given that they had to play hard-nosed Toronto, Eastern Champs Boston, and (IMO) the best team in the Conference ( hehe) Ottawa more than anyone else. Let's face it, the odds of both Washington AND Carolina making the playoffs are very very poor, and I think Washington will turn some heads this year and boot Carolina off their throne at the top of the Southeast.
Old 10-03-2002, 09:25 PM   #6
Bran
Sports Virtuoso

Once playoff time, and your in you can throw all the regular season crap out the window. That's what Carolina did, Hey you can say they had a "easy" time when they didn't. They beat a hot Devils team who were playing good hockey, They beat a hot montreal team with a hot goalie in Theodore. And they found a way to beat the Toronto Curtis Joesph Maple Leafs.

Now sure, They had no chance against The best team in the NHL, YOUR defending Stanley Cup Champions: Detroit Red Wings! ( ) But they were able to steal game one, Until we ended they're dream. Bottom line one of the teams from the Southeast will make it for sure, And I believe its the team with the chemistry, the team who plays team hockey, The Carolina Hurricanes.
Old 10-03-2002, 10:33 PM   #7
Krazy
Can I be a mongoose dog?

Krazy is on a distinguished road

Go Red Wings, all the way baby! Yeah!

Last edited by Krazy; 10-03-2002 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-04-2002, 01:22 PM   #8
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

I had my West all typed up yesterday and then, as always, the SCMB went extremely slow, the page didn't load, and when I pressed "back" what I had wasn't cookied so I lost it all.

Brian, I think we can all agree on the fact that the Stanley Cup is the most hardest trophy to win in all of professional sports. It requires the most grit and strength for the longest period of time of any of the other 3 N.A. team sports. Thus, the odds of someone winning back-2-back are extremely low. Sure, the Wings won last year, but who cares if they're the defending champs. It's a new season and they won't have the zip they had last year. Hey, they're still a great team -- I'm saying that the odds of them winning 16 games from mid-April to early-June two years in a row are low... there's too many other good teams in this league for one to win twice in a row these days

I said it last October -- DETROIT WILL WIN 2002; DETROIT WILL NOT WIN 2003. What else do you need to know!?

Also, Brian, regarding Carolina... I agree -- Regular Season means nothing come the playoffs... and Carolina proved that last year. I'm saying, because they're in a poor division and because of what I see happening in Washington, Carolina won't make it through the Regular Season and into the playoffs (they hardly did last year) and thus, they won't get a chance to exhibit their superior defensive/trap skills when it counts in April, May, and June.
Old 10-05-2002, 03:50 PM   #9
WildVikings
Grizzled Veteran

WildVikings is on a distinguished road

No real need for me to type out everything again ... Ill just bring up a few things.

Quote:
Toronto Maple Leafs - Losing Curtis Joesph was a huge blow to this team, Ed Belfour came off his worst year last year and Leafs also lose they're backup Schwab and replace him in Kidd. I expect goaltending issues in Leaf world, I do not think they'll match a 100 point season again.
When Joseph went down last year Toronto didnt really miss a beat, the injury Roberts will affect them waaay more than Goaltending.

Quote:
Minnesota Wild - Good young team here, Had a good start last year. I expect Marian Gaborik to match his sucess he had last year as well as Andrew Brunette. Goaltending remains a factor for this team though, Which may be holding them back.
Fernandez looks much much better this year. He played 3 full games thus far in pre-season and posted 2 shutouts and allowed 1 goal in the third game. Granted its only pre-season but I have been talking to people who were at his games and he appears to have regained his confidence. But, I still think your prediction of 12th spot is close ... I have them in 11th ahead of the Flames behind Phoenix earning 81 points. But thats just my biased opinion.

Quote:
San Jose Sharks - A very solid team, Only thing I question is goaltending for them. Nolan, Selanne, and Thorton can score for this team. However to take them to that next step they need to adress the goaltending.
So you are saying you dont think will resign Nabokov?

Quote:
Phoenix Coyotes - Great run last year, turned some heads. Adding Amonte helps this team, But I think they might take a step back. Burke I feel had his last good year and could rank as a Ed Belfour, past his prime.
What about Boucher?

Quote:
Dallas Stars - Enough scoring and offence in this team, Adding Guerin makes them even more deep ofencivley, But goaltending really hurts this team also. If they could work a trade for a decent goalie then they could heat up. Im not set on Turco.
Turco had a great year last year, in my mind the games he played he was better than Joseph, Belfour or Hasek. The only goaltending question here is whether he can carry that same performance for 60 games. If he can they dont need a goalie trade.

Quote:
..... the 'Bolts are superb in goal -- Khabby will get 85% of the games or more and at the All-Star break last year, the Lighting were THIRD behind Detroit and Coloardo in Goals Allowed.
Yup, pound for pound the Bulin wall was probably one of the top goalies in the league last year. For a good portion of the year he was putting up Vezina-esque numbers on a horrible team.

Lemaires nephew, Manny Fernandez, turned aside 30 shots to earn the win. Bill Muckalt ended his 76 game scoring funk by netting 2 goals and 18 year old rookie Pierre-Marc Bouchard earns his 2nd NHL assist in as many games.
Old 10-05-2002, 10:01 PM   #10
Bran
Sports Virtuoso

Quote:
I said it last October -- DETROIT WILL WIN 2002; DETROIT WILL NOT WIN 2003. What else do you need to know!?
Nothing, You thought the Yankees would win the world series! :lol: AND you've been saying that all year!

I think you should re-consider your opinion Because I know your picking Colorado, and St. Patrick fears us now big time

Quote:
When Joseph went down last year Toronto didnt really miss a beat, the injury Roberts will affect them waaay more than Goaltending.
Please tell me you are kidding, You think not having Roberts instead of Joesph hurts the Leafs more?? The bottom line is that Joesph carried that team. BOTTOM LINE. You cannot tell me otherwise, It is the drop dead truth. Ask any Leaf fan, Corey Schwab wouldn't have got you that far, Sure he won a couple of regular season game but so does Joesph. If it wasn't for him standing on his head and carrying that team then they wouldn't have won back to back game seven's. Joesph is known for carrying mediocre teams (St. Louis, Edmonton, Toronto) Sure you can say the Leafs had a 100 point season, But that means crap since they havent won a cup in 30 some years.

Quote:
Fernandez looks much much better this year. He played 3 full games thus far in pre-season and posted 2 shutouts and allowed 1 goal in the third game. Granted its only pre-season but I have been talking to people who were at his games and he appears to have regained his confidence. But, I still think your prediction of 12th spot is close ... I have them in 11th ahead of the Flames behind Phoenix earning 81 points. But thats just my biased opinion.
True, I think the Wild have the potential to suprise alot of people, I really do.

Quote:
So you are saying you dont think will resign Nabokov?
Well if he is they're guy why haven't they locked him up yet?

Quote:
What about Boucher?
Yeah, I think they should go with him actually. It depends on how Burke starts though.

Quote:
Turco had a great year last year, in my mind the games he played he was better than Joseph, Belfour or Hasek. The only goaltending question here is whether he can carry that same performance for 60 games. If he can they dont need a goalie trade.
Well, Dallas isn't expected to be a ok team, If they were expected to be a ok team Id be comfortable with Turco. But this team does have high expectations, and I'm not sure if Turco is up there yet.
Old 10-05-2002, 10:21 PM   #11
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

(predictions will be up tomorrow hopefully... and I'm not picking Colorado... Yanks will win 2002 world series)
Old 10-07-2002, 08:28 PM   #12
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

Default LEE'S LINE: THEE WORD ON NHL02][03

Well, I'm still frusturated that I had everything typed out last week and then lost it so here's the short version because I just don't have the engery again....

CENTRAL DIVISION
Weakest west division. No team has improved drastically. St. Louis is good enough to compete with the best but they lack a goaltender. Johnson will never be a solid #1 guy even with the best defensive tandom in the game today playing in front of him. Detroit will suffer a bit without Bowman and captain Yzerman to start the season. Chicago will go down after an up season without Amonte. Can't bet against Nashville when their coach comes from a town 30 minutes from mine in the middle of the Canadian prarie ( ) and Columbus boasts #1 pick Rick Nash who will be in the starting line-up for the Jackets' opening game... they're still the worst team in the NHL though.

1. Detroit Red Wings
2. St. Louis Blues
3. Chicago Blackhawks
4. Nashville Predators
5. Columbus Blue Jackets

NORTHWEST DIVISION
Probalby the best division in the West. Avs will finish #1 and win the President's Trophy with added d-man Derek Morris and Peter Forsberg playing games vs. no games last season. Canucks were the best team since December 25 in the NHL last year, going 33-9-3-3 and Cloutier ...I predict this is the year the Sedin's really turn heads, Daniel at least. Calgary won't make the playoffs unless Turek plays like he did last October & November ALL YEAR LONG. Edmonton will again remain competitive, but the bottom of the West is so crammed it will be tough for them to make it. The Wild have a bright future with a great defensive system, offensive players like Marian Gaborik, and a great young goalie in Manny Ferendez. Too bad theyr'e in the West.

1. Colorado Avalanche
2. Vancouver Canucks
3. Edmonton Oilers
4. Calgary Flames
5. Minnesota Wild

PACIFIC DIVISION

Another great division. Nabokov or not, the Sharks will win this division outright. Dallas made improvements but Turco will not hold up for a whole season ... I think there's still one goalie left on the market . They should get him. Them or St. Louis are AWFUL in goal with #2 guys trying to get the job done. It just won't work. Despite the Stars' spurge in the offseason, the Kings' game could challenge them if Potvin squeezes out a good season. The Coyotes could also challenge the Stars with a great back-up should Burke blow a tire (which I think he will this season after his outstanding play at the age of 78 the last two seasons).... but Numinen & Doan's carrying the torch of the Winnipeg Jets' curse will prevent them from winning any more than 3 games in the playoffs. There's not one bad team in this division... o wait, the Ducks... forgot about them . Disney should realize that tying up over 25% of your teams' payroll doesn't win games. Yeesh.

1. San Jose Sharks
2. Phoenix Coyotes
3. Dallas Stars
4. Los Angeles Kings
5. Mighty Ducks of Anaheim

WESTERN CONFERENCE

1. **Colorado Avalanche
2. *Detroit Red Wings
3. *San Jose Sharks
4. Vancouver Canucks
5. Phoenix Coyotes
6. Dallas Stars
7. Edmonton Oilers
8. St. Louis Blues
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
9. Los Angeles Kings
10. Calgary Flames
11. Chicago Blackhawks
12. Nashville Predators
13. Minnesota Wild
14. Mighty Ducks of Anaheim
15. Columbus Blue Jackets
Old 10-07-2002, 08:39 PM   #13
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

Thumbs up LEE'S WINNING LINES, nhl 02][03 FINAL PREDICTIONS

OVERALL RANKINGS

1. **Colorado Avalanche
2. xVancouver Canucks
3. *Detroit Red Wings
4. *Ottawa Senators
5. *San Jose Sharks
6. *Philadelphia Flyers
7. xNew York Islanders
8. xMontreal Canadiens
9. xPhoenix Coyotes
10. xDallas Stars
11. xEdmonton Oilers
12. xSt. Louis Blues
13. xToronto Maple Leafs
14. xNew Jersey Devils
15. *Washington Capitals
16. Los Angeles Kings
17. xBoston Bruins
18. Calgary Flames
19. Carolina Hurricanes
20. Buffalo Sabres
21. New York Rangers
22. Chicago Blackhawks
23. Tampa Bay Lightning
24. Nashville Predators
25. Minnesota Wild
26. Atlanta Thrashers
27. Pittsburgh Penguins
28. Florida Panthers
29. Mighty Ducks of Anaheim
30. Columbus Blue Jackets

PLAYOFF SCENARIOS

East
Ottawa over Boston
Philadelphia over New Jersey
Toronto over Washington
Montreal over New York

Ottawa over Toronto
Montreal over Philadelphia

Montreal over Ottawa

West

Colorado over St. Louis
Detroit over Edmonton
San Jose over Dallas
Vancouver over Phoenix

Colorado over Vancouver
Detroit over San Jose

Colorado over Detroit

October 2000... LEE'S LINE TOLD YOU COLORADO IN 2001
(Winner in June, Colorado)

October 2001... LEE'S LINE TOLD YOU DETROIT IN 2002
(Winner in June, Detroit)

October 2002... LEE'S LINE TELLS YOU COLORADO IN 2003
(You can make the assumption for June, 2003)
Old 10-08-2002, 01:12 AM   #14
Bran
Sports Virtuoso

You not picking Colorado eh Lee? Yankees are going to win the world series?

EAST

Philadelphia Flyers over New York Rangers
Ottawa Senators over Toronto Maple Leafs
Carolina Hurricanes over New Jersey Devils
Montreal Canadiens over New York Islanders

Philadelphia Flyers over Carolina Hurricanes
Ottawa Senators over Montreal Canadiens

Philadelphia Flyers over Ottawa Senators

WEST

Detroit Red Wings over Los Angeles Kinds
Colorado Avalanche over Dallas Stars
San Jose Sharks over Edmonton Oilers
Vancouver Cannucks over St. Louis Blues

Detroit Red Wings over Vancouver Cannucks
Colorado Avalanche over San Jose Sharks

Detroit Red Wings over Colorado Avalanche

STANLEY CUP FINAL

Detroit Red Wings over Philadelphia Flyers
Old 10-08-2002, 04:26 AM   #15
Sabre Ally
Rookie Player

Sabre Ally is on a distinguished road

I think you guys are being too harsh on Marty Biron. He was forced into the starter's role last season and also had to play 72 games or something like that. Not to mention, he had no help in the way of offense.

That being said, the Sabres' year will be considered a success if the team finds a buyer and gets to stay in Buffalo.
Closed Thread