Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 01-05-2005, 02:04 PM   #1
FSUViking
ESPN 8...The Ocho!

FSUViking is on a distinguished road
Default 2005 Schedules.....

FSU:

2005 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
SCHEDULE TENTATIVE AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE
9-5-05 MIAMI FL (Mon.)
9-10-05 THE CITADEL
10-8-05 SYRACUSE
11-19-05 at Florida
TBA MARYLAND
TBA NORTH CAROLINA STATE
TBA WAKE FOREST
TBA at Boston College
TBA at Clemson
TBA at Duke
TBA at Virginia

MINNESOTA

9-3-05 at Tulsa
9-17-05 COLORADO STATE
9-24-05 PURDUE
10-1-05 at Penn State
10-8-05 at Michigan
10-15-05 WISCONSIN
10-29-05 OHIO STATE
11-5-05 at Indiana
11-12-05 MICHIGAN STATE
11-19-05 at Iowa
TBA non-conference opponent

http://2005%20ncaa%20schedules/
FSU: #3 recruiting class in the nation.

Last edited by FSUViking; 01-05-2005 at 03:59 PM.
FSUViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 02:17 PM   #2
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

I'm also already looking forward to next season....counting down the days 'til the Buckeyes take down MAC East Champion Miami RedHawks and score some vengeance for Akron. Akron's annual "Try to finally score that upset to put them on the map for a week, every other MAC school has done it" game will be at Purdue. Ohio State's OOC opponents other than Miami is San Diego State (for what seems like the 15th time in the last 10 years) and Texas, all at home.

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
KevinBeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 06:26 PM   #3
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

Penn State:
South Florida- W
Cincinnati- W
Central Michigan- W
@ Northwestern- W
Minnesota- W
Ohio State- L
@ Michigan- L
@ Illinois- W
Purdue- L
Wisconsin- W
@ Michigan State- W

8-3, I'm feeling good today. My typical prediction is 6-5. Anything less than that with the talent on defense and sorry OOC schedule is pathetic.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:38 PM   #4
da12ken
Fast Food Brother #1

da12ken will become famous soon enough

Wins against Northwestern, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan State? I have to believe Penn will lose at least one of those games.

Follow all my idiot thoughts from the comfort of your computer.
da12ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 08:43 PM   #5
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

Alex, that OOC schedule may be sorry, but only one game comes against a non-BCS opponent. Cincy and USF join the Big East next season...

If only the SEC would schedule games against other, even if lousy, BCS opponents, Auburn might not have found itself in the mess it found itself.

Dave
Old 01-05-2005, 09:19 PM   #6
tigereyes33
War Damn Eagle!!!!

tigereyes33 is on a distinguished road

Auburn:

Sept. 3 GEORGIA TECH
Sept. 10 MISSISSIPPI STATE
Sept. 17 BALL STATE
Sept. 24 SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI
Oct. 1 SOUTH CAROLINA
Oct. 15 at Arkansas
Oct. 22 at LSU
Oct. 29 OLE MISS
Nov. 5 at Kentucky
Nov. 12 at Georgia
Nov. 19 ALABAMA
tigereyes33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:56 AM   #7
Alex
#1 Student Section

Quote:
Originally posted by da12ken
Wins against Northwestern, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan State? I have to believe Penn will lose at least one of those games.
I gambling on these games. Penn State lost to Northwestern 14-7. An improved offense should be able to handle them. Minnesota is another gamble, this game is just as easily a loss. As I said, I'm optomistic but feel an improved team can handle them. Keep in mind, they lost AT HOME to Indiana this season. Wisconsin is going to be terrible in 2005. They lose Anthony Davis, their only sign of life on offense, Erasmus James and Antaaj Hawthorne, both look like top 15 picks in the NFL Draft. Jim Leonhard is also graduating. Michigan State depends on how the season goes. If times are good and we're in a position to go bowling, bet on a win. If we're struggling and have a losing record, bet on a loss.

Dave, does joining a conference suddenly make either a better team? Cincinnati and South Florida will be the same team whether they're in the Big East, C-USA or the MAC. Neither will have even played a Big East game before coming to Happy Valley. The Big East is a "BCS conference" in name only. The only two teams that could have success outside of that disgrace are your Mountaineers and Louisville. No way Cincinnati or South Florida beats Penn State in Happy Valley. If you believe they can, you must also have thought Akron could've beaten PSU last season.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:42 PM   #8
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

I didn't say the Big East or its teams were any good, Alex. I was just noting, a little tongue-in-cheek, that the Nittany Lions were playing a BCS conference OOC schedule, CMU excepted.

Sad to say, it looks like Auburn's OOC schedule is tougher than PSU's next season... Ga Tech and Southern Miss are both minor upgrades on USF and Cincy.

Dave
Old 01-06-2005, 03:47 PM   #9
Alex
#1 Student Section

Quote:
Originally posted by MountaineerDave
I didn't say the Big East or its teams were any good, Alex. I was just noting, a little tongue-in-cheek, that the Nittany Lions were playing a BCS conference OOC schedule, CMU excepted.

Sad to say, it looks like Auburn's OOC schedule is tougher than PSU's next season... Ga Tech and Southern Miss are both minor upgrades on USF and Cincy.

Dave
Dave, it's probably better that PSU plays a weak OOC schedule. Get a 3-0 start and establish some confidence going into the Big Ten schedule. I have a feeling that the loss to BC on the second week of the season played a role in the Nittany Lions' struggles in 2004 and this year something like that should be averted.

However, PSU did not intentionally schedule such a cupcake OOC schedule. Alabama and Penn State were supposed to play a home and home in 2004 and 2005. Last year UCF filled in. This year it is USF.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:53 PM   #10
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

HibachiDG is on a distinguished road

The Cincy game isn't a lock for PSU. Butler Benton might run all over the Lions.

It more or less boils down to the PSU QB situation, though. If Morelli turns out to be a solid QB and they have Michael Robinson learning how to run routes, they could be alright. 8-3 would become a possibility.
HibachiDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 01:02 AM   #11
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

PSU and Notre Dame in 06 though. Something to hang your hat on. Bama and PSU are on for 2013 and 14 last I heard.

OSU hosting Texas is huge. Easily the biggest non conference showdown in college football next season.

Good to see Florida State tackling The Citadel. Give Auburn a break for a year.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 03:36 PM   #12
Alex
#1 Student Section

Don't count on Penn State-Bama, buckeye. Chances are the Tide will find another reason to back out, especially if Penn State is any good around that time frame.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:52 PM   #13
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Well, it's a go according to Penn State. I can't recall the last time an SEC team did a home and home with a Big Ten team besides Indiana and Kentucky's annual battle-for-nothing. It may be OSU and LSU from the late 80s. Not sure.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 08:56 AM   #14
Alex
#1 Student Section

Quote:
Originally posted by buckeyefan78
Well, it's a go according to Penn State. I can't recall the last time an SEC team did a home and home with a Big Ten team besides Indiana and Kentucky's annual battle-for-nothing. It may be OSU and LSU from the late 80s. Not sure.
My point exactly. A lot can change in nine years. Nine years ago Penn State was 11-2 and beat Texas in the Fiesta Bowl and Alabama was 10-3 and beat Michigan in the Outback Bowl.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:20 AM   #15
Sports Virtuoso

#47 is on a distinguished road

USC:

9/3 @ Hawaii
9/17 Arkansas
9/24 @ Oregon
10/1 @ Arizona State
10/8 Arizona
10/15 @ Notre Dame
10/22 @ Washington
10/29 Washington State
11/5 Stanford
11/12 @ CAL
12/3 UCLA

They are also presently exploring the possibility of adding a 12th game, either the weekend of 9/10, or after the CAL game. Because of a strange NCAA ruling, if you play an OOC @Hawaii you are allowed to add a 12th game, whatever.

Being they presently have 6 road games and 5 home slated, it would probably be a home game. I'm willing to bet, if they do, it wont be The Citadel or any other 1AA school.

I know they are looking east, they would like a home and home with an eastern school, but one problem is, they have no openings in 2006, so whoever it may be, would have to wait a few years for a return game, earliest 2008. 2007 they already have 6 road games, but do have an opening.

Personally, I dont think they need to play a 12th game, but if they do, I hope it can be set after the CAL game on 11/12. I would like to see them keep 9/10 as a bye week. As it stands I'm not real comfortable playing 5 of the first 7 on the road, shoot half of the SEC schools barely play 5 roadies in a WHOLE season, lol.

Fight On!
33-1, the last 34 gms.
Heisman #6.
#47 is offline   Reply With Quote