Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 02:07 AM   #31
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by gconnhokiebird
I NEVER EVER SAID CAL DIDN'T HAVE ANY GOOD PLAYERS.
Yes, you did. Just let me find that thread....

UPDATE: I found the thread. I owe you an apology. It was Gohawks, not you. I mix the two of you's comments up a lot because they're very similar in style and sentiment.

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein

Last edited by KevinBeane; 01-07-2005 at 02:16 AM.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:53 AM   #32
gconnhokiebird
age 13- itallion stallion

gconnhokiebird is on a distinguished road

How many times am I going to be confused with bad things that Gohawks has said. This is the 3rd time. I'm not that bad, I'm a little smarter than him.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:54 AM   #33
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

Quote:
Originally posted by gconnhokiebird
I'm not that bad, I'm a little smarter than him.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
Old 01-08-2005, 12:04 AM   #34
gconnhokiebird

whatever... why is everyone so uptight, it just doesn't seem like a "freindly community" I mean jesus, I say i'm being tired of being accused of gohawks is actions, I say it, and boom.

Cal is unproven. Beat noone. Lost to someone. UCLA also played USC very tight(Notre Dame did not, sorry) Obviously USC has a next level that they did not use in those 2 games.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:13 AM   #35
El Jefe
Philosopher of Sport

El Jefe is on a distinguished road

Cal beat Arizona State and Oregon State, both bowl winners this past season. ASU just happened to destroy Big-10 co-champion Iowa earlier in the year as well. Oregon State proved to be tough competition this year, throwing away a win against LSU on 3 missed extra points and playing tough against 'SC in tough weather at home. Cal just happened to beat them, at a time when they were at full strength, 49-7...in Corvallis. Lyman showcased his abilities in this game, similar to how he did against VT at the Insight Bowl. If you don't remember, he was the guy who was running away from Hokie defenders like he was the Flash in route to helping his team score a 50-spot.

'SC has a next level they did not use in those two games? Heh...nah a team don't want to use their "next level" in two of the most important games of the season, one being the last team to beat them, the other the intercity rival...boy you are 13, aren't you?
Old 01-08-2005, 10:32 AM   #36
gconnhokiebird

Cal lost to Texas Tech... done. They didn't beat anyone good enough to make up for that.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:51 PM   #37
Sports Virtuoso

#47 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cal/PAC 10 not exactly flexing its muscle

Quote:
Originally posted by tigereyes33
But, we'll see USC get beaten by OU and everyone on the west coast can shut up about having a legit. conference. They will always be behind the ACC, SEC, Big 12, and Big 10.
LOLOLOLOL!

33, my son, you are so easy.

You clearly arent psychic and I really hope you dont gamble with the allowance your parents give you.

Oh by the way 33. We cant compete with the ACC, SEC, Big 12 and Big 10, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................

We not only beat the Big 12 champs, OU this year on a neutral field..

We also beat the ACC champs, VT this year in there backyard.

We beat the Big 10 champs last year, Michigan.

I wont even bring up ND either.

We also beat what was SUPPOSED to be the best SEC team last year, on there home field, Auburn............23-0. Kind of sent there season into a spiral we did, too bad really.

Auburn the last 2 years has beaten, the ACC champs on a neutral field and the 7th place Big 10 team, Wisconsin, on a neutral field.

Nothing else nationally.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!.....................maybe you ought to spread your damn wings and prove something.

Take care my son.

Oh 33, I will leave you with this quote from Shaun Cody, the USC DLinemen in case you hadnt heard of him, as told to Bruce Feldman of ESPN the Magazine..................

"It seems to happen like this everytime we play one of these OUT OF CONFERENCE teams, same thing happened when we played AUBURN and Michigan last year. Those guys just weren't ready for our speed."

Fight On!
33-1, the last 34 gms.
Heisman #6.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:18 PM   #38
coachJ
All-Star Player

coachJ is on a distinguished road

Just because one team from the Pac-10 is the National Champion...and they are the only team in the conference that has beat a legitimate OOC opponent, means your the "cream of the crop"?? Sure USC is a great team, but that doesnt make the conference great, or even good for that matter. Your #2 team, Cal, got a whoopin' handed to them by the Big 12's #3 team, who was beaten badly by both the top 2 teams in the Big 12. Your clam that the Pac-10 can hang with the rest of the conferences hinges on one team, and thats USC. You cant say that a conference is good because of one team.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:36 PM   #39
Sports Virtuoso

Quote:
Originally posted by coachJ
Just because one team from the Pac-10 is the National Champion...and they are the only team in the conference that has beat a legitimate OOC opponent, means your the "cream of the crop"?? Sure USC is a great team, but that doesnt make the conference great, or even good for that matter. Your #2 team, Cal, got a whoopin' handed to them by the Big 12's #3 team, who was beaten badly by both the top 2 teams in the Big 12. Your clam that the Pac-10 can hang with the rest of the conferences hinges on one team, and thats USC. You cant say that a conference is good because of one team.
I was responding to my son....................33..................but I'll play.

You chose to site one bowl game in one year.

I'll go with a slightly bigger picture, but keep with a CFB players time in CFB, 5 years. Over trhe past 5 seasons or since the beginning of 2000, in that time we have played the OHHH so powerful SEC 8 times head to head, the PAC owns a 6-2 record over that span. 4 each on home fields.

The PAC has played the BIG 12, 25 times, with the BIG 12 holding a 11-14 head to head edge, but the PAC also has played 11 of those games on the road, 7 on neutral sites, with only 7 at home.

Yeah, the PAC really cant compete, these guys are just head and shoulders above the PAC.

So against the SEC and the BIG 12 in this decade the PAC is 17-16 in head to head games, all the while playing 4 fewer home games.

Thats being pretty competitive.

Now in case you struggle to read, it was not ME stating the PAC was above everyone else. It was that lost young boy................Tigereyes33............who stated the PAC was below the others, I just enjoy pointing out how little he knows.

Do you know that little also?

Fight On!
33-1, the last 34 gms.
Heisman #6.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:09 PM   #40
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

Welcome back, 47!

I'd be curious to know what the Pac 10 Bowl record and OOC record against BCS teams for this year only is, if you ahve that info right in front of you...I'm pretty sure the Pac 10 looks good there, as well.

I'm glad you're back....defending the Pac 10 is a lonely battle without you (and a couple of others).

Old 01-10-2005, 07:12 PM   #41
Sports Virtuoso

Pac 10 was 7-9 counting bowl games, nothing special at all.

SEC was 6-8 counting bowl games.
Big 12 was 8-5 counting bowl games.
Big 10 was 10-11 counting bowl games.

And I lost what the ACC and Big East was, I know I have it, but for some reason my page is missing...................hmmmmmmmmm.

I will find it.

Fight On!
33-1, the last 34 gms.
Heisman #6.

Last edited by #47; 01-10-2005 at 07:15 PM.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:30 PM   #42
gconnhokiebird

Kevin how in the world can you say defending the Pac 10 is lonly. The Pac 10 and Big 10 are the only confernces anyone seems to like on this board.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:42 AM   #43
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Lonely in regards to the national media gconn. How you hear little to nothing about the Pac Ten in not only football, but other athletics and academics east of the Rockies is the ultimate disgrace to the idea of higher education. It is clearly the model conference in the most important aspects of what a university should be.

But back to the Florida teams...
Old 01-11-2005, 07:21 PM   #44
tigereyes33
War Damn Eagle!!!!

tigereyes33 is on a distinguished road

47, we wanted a shot at you, we just didn't get it. We did everything we could. We went out, and won all of our games. We could take y'all, but it doesn't really matter. By the way, you sure do have alot of balls coming back talking crap after your team won the Orange Bowl. Wow, what a hardass.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:23 PM   #45
tigereyes33
War Damn Eagle!!!!

tigereyes33 is on a distinguished road

And 47, don't even talk to me with your pompous ass mouth, I don't really feel like getting kicked off these boards. So, I bid you farewell.
Closed Thread