Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Old 12-04-2004, 03:30 PM   #1
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough
Default What a Life I've Had !

I think I posted this story before, but I know we have a lot of new members so I will post it again.

In 1982 I had gone to LA by Greyhound bus to find my fortune. All I found was a motel room where I smoked marijuana all day. I did nothing. Didn't look for a job--just stayed there until Iwas broke. I was searching for something-my life was meaningless.

So I got depressed and homesick so I decided to hitch home to Alabama. What a trip. Every homosexual in LA tried to pick me up. I was good-looking back then lol Long curly hair and a nice figure lol

Finally got a ride with a trucker, but had to help him unload frozen food in LA. He paid me $20.00. He was heading back to Texas so I had a good ride toward Bama. But he got a call from his company and had to head toward Seattle. So he dropped me in Bakersfield, Ca. I hitched from there.

took me three days to get out of California. I finally got picked up by some nice people where they let me spend the night in there home and they fed me.

One guy picked me up and gave me an ounce of pot. But later I saw some cops heading my way on the road and I threw that ounce down an embankment never to be found. The bad part the cops just passed me by.

Some guy took me for a scary ride in a dunebuggy very close to high cliffs.

I almost burned up hitching from Blythe, California and Indio Ca. It was so hot.

Finally made it to Arizona and slept in a cemetary in Tempe Arizona.

Finally got picked up by the crAZy guy in Wilcox Arizona. He looked like Charles Manson. Plus he was popping this big white pills on the way. He said he was heading to Daytona Beach Florida.

I was broke and hungary when he picked me up. He was driving a customize van. Real nice and loaded with all kinds of goodies. But this crazy guy would give me nothing to eat. He made me drive most the distance toward Bama.

Finally I was disgusted and hungary and when he went inside a gas station to pay I slipped behind the wheel and took off with the Van toward Alabama. We were outside New Orleans on I-10. I left him behind. Now everything belonged to me.

Finally made it to Alabama in Mobile. I sold everything in the van at Pawn shops to get money for food and drugs.

Finally got broke again so I turned myself in at the Mobile police department and told them I stole the van from this guy in New Orleans.

I just wanted to get locked up and be fed. i was so disgusted with my life.

So the detective locked me in the holding cell while he checked out my story. I was in there four hours before he returned to let me go free. I said what is up with this? I'm guilty! The detective said your free to go because the van was already stolen. I was floored. This crazy guy had stolen the van in California. Even though I sold all the stuff inside they still let me go.

Man what a miracle for me in the long run.

Oh those white pills I mentioned were later identified as Navane. A anti-psychotic drug for craZY people. Man what a six day adventure I had. Please don't try what I did lol

I have more weird stories later. I could really write a book. I will tell a story later where I threatened to kill then President Reagan from my jail cell in Tampa, Florida. What a crazy time for me. I was so insane for so many years. By the way I voted for Reagan. I didn't want to harm him. I had an insane reason for doing what I did. Will tell more later.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:40 PM   #2
Kornbix
Super Bowl or bust

Kornbix is on a distinguished road

Awesome story dude . I would have kept the van though but hey tell some more
Kornbix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 05:54 PM   #3
MaddEnemy
Always next year

MaddEnemy is on a distinguished road

Wow, first story in a long time I got into.
MaddEnemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 06:45 PM   #4
gconnhokiebird
age 13- itallion stallion

gconnhokiebird is on a distinguished road

How is your life now?
gconnhokiebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 05:56 AM   #5
da12ken
Fast Food Brother #1

da12ken will become famous soon enough

Damn, best anything I've read in awhile.

Follow all my idiot thoughts from the comfort of your computer.
da12ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 07:39 AM   #6
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

Wow. Perhaps you should write a book, interesting story.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:34 PM   #7
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

I'm a Christian now. I know some of you don't believe in God, but he has helped change my life. I still have plenty of faults, but my doctor says I'm a lot better lol
Old 12-07-2004, 12:19 AM   #8
ESP0704
All-Star Player

ESP0704 is on a distinguished road

I do believe, and, bama, if you need a ghostwriter, drop me a line. This stuff is absoutely riveting.

BTW, just remember this little bit of bumper-sticker wisdom: Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven ...
Old 12-08-2004, 10:12 PM   #9
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

NO wonder he wanted you to drive most of the way!!
Awesome stuff, Keith.

Dave
Old 12-09-2004, 01:03 AM   #10
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Damn...You really put the BAM in Bama, doncha??....
Old 12-09-2004, 08:14 PM   #11
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

You are so right-I'm so far from perfect I can't see perfect until I get to heaven. Yes still a sinner, but a forgiven sinner. That is really cool.
Old 12-23-2004, 04:40 AM   #12
MaddEnemy
Always next year

March 31 2003
4th Infantry AKA 4ID

My unit has received orders to fly out of Fort Hood, Texas around
23:00 hours.

We boarded the plane with our M16 and chemical suit at the ready; we were not issued ammo at this time. It was kind of weird having a weapon on a plane. The stewardesse were awesome, feeding us ever 2 hours and just making are trip enjoyable. At take off, landings and throughout the flight a small group of soldiers "as many that could fit" were allowed in the cockpit. That was just freaking awesome sitting in a huge plane like that taking off down the runway or seeing Atlanta at night as we were about to land.

Of course most of us were scared not knowing what to expect when we landed in Kuwait. This was around the time CNN was reporting suicide boomers would blow them selves up at check points. Those who were not scared at the moment were sad and hurt because a few hours before we said good bye to our wives, husbands, kids and parents and I think everyone one had that thought of "will I see them again" go through their head either when we said good bye or at sometime during the flight. Emotions of all kinds overwhelmed us and the best thing to do was try and get some sleep before we landed. We didn't know when the next time we would get sleep when we landed.

We arrived in Kuwait April 2nd around 08:00 or 09:00 and it was so freaking HOT. I kid you not, the sky started getting light around 04:30 on its way to frying the land before 10:00 hours.

We were all expecting to put on our chemical suits from fear that a stud missile with some type of Bio weapon would hit us. If you have ever seen an Army Bio suit the thing is full of crushed coal and will turn your skin and clothes black not to mention how damn HOT it would be along with the mask we must ware. I even thought to myself, if a missile ever does come I would rather take my chances of it not hitting around where I am then to put on all that gear and die of heat. Thankfully the last warning siren was 2 hours before we landed and I never had to put the suit on.

We stayed at the so called welcome center for a day or so and thank god the tents had A/C as the temp was well over 100 and being so close to the water it was very humid. We slept on plywood and did our best to fall a sleep.

I have 6 months of war.
Just not all in one night.

Mr Bean, I know my English sucks but if you look at another Post in the Lounge you will see I was born in Italy so just do your best to follow along without making comments about how old I might be because my reading and English sucks, I do the best I can. The Army and America didn't have a problem with my English well I served my country and neither should you, with all respect when I say that.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crawford (small) (2).jpg (28.0 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by MaddEnemy; 12-23-2004 at 11:09 AM.
Old 12-27-2004, 12:33 PM   #13
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by MaddEnemy
March 31 2003
4th Infantry AKA 4ID

Mr Bean, I know my English sucks but if you look at another Post in the Lounge you will see I was born in Italy so just do your best to follow along without making comments about how old I might be because my reading and English sucks, I do the best I can. The Army and America didn't have a problem with my English well I served my country and neither should you, with all respect when I say that.

Thanks
So, your name is Scott Crawford but not only were you born in Italy but your parents, in spite of naming you Scott Crawford, spoke no english at home? Is that about the size of it? And then you came here at what age? Just curious, did you emigrate here because you wanted to be a part of the best military in the world? What was your MOS again? And finally, Quale attrice preferisce?

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
KevinBeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 01:34 PM   #14
MaddEnemy
Always next year

Quote:
Originally posted by KevinBeane
So, your name is Scott Crawford but not only were you born in Italy but your parents, in spite of naming you Scott Crawford, spoke no English at home? Is that about the size of it? And then you came here at what age? Just curious, did you emigrate here because you wanted to be a part of the best military in the world? What was your MOS again? And finally, Quale attrice preferisce?
My father was American and I took his name.

MOS=88M

No I didn't come here to be in the best military, something I always wanted to do and before I got to damn old I did it.

Never said my Italian was great either but my favorite actress: Kirsten Dunce, she is so HOT! Ummm.

I never went to college so if you are comparing my English to someone who went to college I admit I will not win.

I can post my Birth Certif. if you would like.

I feel like I am in court, well I never been to court but damn! Is something hard for you to believe?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dunst_getoverit.jpg (19.3 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by MaddEnemy; 12-27-2004 at 04:07 PM.
Old 12-27-2004, 01:46 PM   #15
MaddEnemy
Always next year

I want this to be a fun place to visit and have even talked with Marc about doing something for the playoffs that he even thought was a good idea and when Anthony gets back with me I hope we can wrap up the details.

If you don't believe that I was born in Italy or anything I have said, that is your choice.

Hell as far as you know I could be incognito.

Last edited by MaddEnemy; 12-27-2004 at 02:14 PM.