Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > Major League Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 06:38 PM   #1
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough
Default MLB Thoughts of the Day: May

New month, new thread. Continue your discussion of MLB, posting your small tidbits and daily thoughts. Remember to create new threads for decent-sized stories worthy of them, though, because we don't want all MLB posts going in one thread. Enjoy!
Old 04-30-2006, 08:26 PM   #2
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

May 1 is the day the Astros can resign Roger Clemens. Anyone think he will re-sign?

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:27 PM   #3
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

I get the feeling he will, Catman, tho maybe not this soon.

My Chi-Sox are givin' me a few happy days so far. Hope they keep this up....

My Cubs? Outside of Maddux bein' unconscious, it's like the Sword of Damocles hanging over my head...It's goin' to get worse before it gets better....
Old 04-30-2006, 09:37 PM   #4
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

I heard Wood felt some discomfort in his shoulder during a session the other day so that has pushed his return back a bit and I think Prior is in extended spring training getting his legs back and should be ready before too long. The Cubs desparately need to find someone not named Maddux or Zambrano to give them some consistency in the rotation.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
Old 04-30-2006, 11:41 PM   #5
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Yea, they should be back in the near future but I just wonder where they'll be by then.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:48 PM   #6
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Hard to say the last two games have been less than inspiring for the Cubs. Lucky for them their schedule is pretty light coming up with games against Arizona, San Francisco, San Diego, and Washington. None of those teams are exactly setting the league on fire either. They should be able to at least tread water if not come out ahead through that stretch before facing the White Sox.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
Old 04-30-2006, 11:52 PM   #7
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Yea, it may not be as desperate as it could be by then but I'm not deluding myself. They're a team with a lot of needs & I'm not expecting too much from them this year...
Old 05-01-2006, 04:52 AM   #8
LA sports
I love LA!

LA sports is on a distinguished road

I am so pissed at my Dodgers right now that I can't see straight. Especially Lance Carter. We go into the bottom of the ninth with a 5-0 lead over one of the weakest hitting teams in baseball right now in a great pitchers park and BLOW IT!!! Carter comes in and gives up two hits and then walks the bases loaded to get things started, Baez comes in and struggles but was put in a rough position thanks to Carter plus Baez has been used a lot lately. Anyways the Dodgers lose in 10 innings 6-5. Ridiculous!!! I feel bad for Derek Lowe who pitched 6 great innings (0 runs, 2 hits, 3 K's) where he was getting ground ball after ground ball which means he was really on. Also Lowe is on my fantasy team so it hurts twice as bad losing that win.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:33 PM   #9
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

I can only hope that the Twins pitchers make a comeback in May. April was a very disappointing month for them -- along with a couple of their hitters.

Catman
Old 05-01-2006, 08:24 PM   #10
NY Jay 05
East Coaster

NY Jay 05 is on a distinguished road

Yankees at Boston tonight, it should be intense. I wonder how the fans will react to Johnny Damon playing at Fenway again...

2005 NFL Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-01-2006, 09:02 PM   #11
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

fans and Johnny were both classy IMO. I loved the boos.... but then when Johnny took off his helmet towards the Sox dugout, and the boos turned to cheers - that was pretty cool...
Old 05-01-2006, 11:15 PM   #12
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

Justin Morneau hit a home run tonight that was really hit hard. I hope this is a harbinger of things to come for him.

Catman
Old 05-01-2006, 11:54 PM   #13
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

welcome back Doug Merabelli.... I've been complaining all season about Bard... guess Theo finally got my one of my letters!!!
HUGE pick up for the Sox.
Damon 0-4..... what a great day.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:08 AM   #14
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

Mirabelli and Wakefield go together well, don't they?

Catman
Old 05-02-2006, 12:25 AM   #15
boston_aloha
FFB #2

oh man... awesome together.
Arroyo 5-0 CG today.... I wonder if now we can get him back and give Willy Mo to the Reds??? LOL