Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Old 09-13-2004, 08:21 PM   #1
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about
Angry It takes a real man.....

Before i get to the point of this thread, let me lay out some history here.

As some of you may or may not know, my brother was in a serious accident 3 years ago. He suffered massive head trauma, skull fractures in 3 different areas, and was so badly hurt that some of his brain matter actually leaked out of his ear. We were told he would be in a coma, and that if he lived three days, it would be a miracle. 3 days went by, and he was still alive. We were told that he would never wake up. After he woke up, we were told he would never be able to move or walk. After he started walking, we were told..... You get the point. Any way, he still does have limitations. He can't think as clearly as he once could, and his hearing is gone. If you talk to him for a while, you can tell he's off a bit.

So now you know that, here's the story: Saturday night, my brother and his girlfriend were coming home from her father's funeral, when someone started tailgating them. After about 5 miles, my brother, not thinking clearly, did something really stupid. He flips the driver off. Well, after the driver follows him to his house, SHE gets out in a drunken stupor, and puts her finger in his face saying she would kick his ass. He pushed her finger out of his face and told her to leave.

The next day, three guys show up at my brothers house, and while 2 hold him down, the 3rd proceeds to try to bash his brains in. The doctors have told my brother he cant have blows to the head, so you can imagine the anger i feel as i type this. Both of his eyes are black, and he has a bootprint on the back of his head where the kicked him. The cowards put their boot on his throat and threatened his girlfriend if she came close.

So now Nick can barely hear at all, and he is staring off into space. I talked to him earlier and his girlfriend was fixing to take him to a neurology center in Macon.

Now here's where it gets really good. The police pick up the FATHER of the two morons who jumped Nick, and come to find out, they live right down the f**king road from me. Guys, its all i can do to go down the road w/my baseball bat and clean house. Can someone give me a reason not too? My little bro could have serious damage because of this.... :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot:
Dublin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 09:09 PM   #2
Kornbix
Super Bowl or bust

Kornbix is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry dude about your brother. But dude, don't lower yourself to their level. There sorry human beings, and more than likely, have a first class ticket to hell. And I hope they do. I hope your brother will be better.
Kornbix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 09:16 PM   #3
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

Well....

You go to jail if you do, and you've a family to support, including, I suppose, a little brother who may much more need you around than in prison for beating on a couple of giant assholes.

Meanwhile, are these guys not in jail? Are they really free? Don't you contain sociopaths like this prior to trial? Even in Georgia? Especially in Georgia?!!

I hope all works out well for you and your family. The brain can be a funky thing.

How old is your brother, if you don't mind my asking? That can play some role in the regenerative ability of the brain.

Unfortunately, as you know from watching football players retire from concussion-related disorders, the brain can only recover from so much.

Meanwhile, don't settle for whatever the doctors tell you regarding his prognosis, unless they're really good. Get third and fourth opinions.

And make sure some of his present condition is captured in some form for a jury. Make sure those f***ers go away for some time.

Dave
Old 09-14-2004, 12:04 AM   #4
ESP0704
All-Star Player

ESP0704 is on a distinguished road

Mike, sorry to hear about your brother. It's amazing how irresponsible some people can be.
These a--holes probably had no idea that they were beating a man who already had sustained a severe head injury. That's not to defend what they did; it merely serves to point out how that their behavior wasn't just criminal, it was criminally reckless.
Dave makes a couple of excellent points about why you shouldn't dispense frontier justice.
Hopefully, you and your brother have the opportunity to tell a jury how reckless the piece of crap cowards were.
Meanwhile, we'll be praying for him.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:06 AM   #5
Habs Fan
Gary Bettman Must Go

Habs Fan is on a distinguished road

Mike, I can't imagine what you're going through. I just hope that everything works out in the end with you and your family.

Favorite Teams: NHL - Canadiens .... NBA - Spurs .... MLB - Jays .... NFL - Cowboys
Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 08:22 AM   #6
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

Okay, first off, i hope it doesn't come off as if Im some crazy lunatic. I wouldn't really go down and kick the guys ass, but i sure was considering it.

Dave, the father is locked up, but the two sons are still free. We will get them when we go to warrant court.

My brother is 24. Just a bit younger than me. Dave, you hit the nail on the head. The neurologist last night said he has a bad concussion. (why couldn't the hospital here figure that out?)

I have everything on digital photos at his house. Ill try to get over there and put them up here.
Dublin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 09:18 AM   #7
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

This story absolutely makes me sick. Those guys really, really need to go away for long enough for them to say, "Oh, my God! What have I done!"

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
KevinBeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 09:38 AM   #8
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

Trouble is, Kevin, these types often don't. Indeed, they'll make like they're some type of victims somehow.
Sometimes, Mike's idea of (as esp put it) "frontier justice" is the only thing that gets through to sleazoids like these. In which case, a good three to five years in jail, being raped on at least a weekly basis, is the only way to go.

Gotta love our criminal justice system, where folks go to prison to become crime victims themselves.

Dave
Old 09-14-2004, 02:10 PM   #9
poptart
Banned

poptart is on a distinguished road

I say we start an airline ticket fund for the offending vermin.

Yeah......a one way ticket to Singapore.

...thank you, sir, may I have another....?

poptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 12:46 PM   #10
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Hope your brother gets better, Mike

Leave the garbage to the system. Give them a chance to make the situation right. They should always be given the first shot.