Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Old 08-16-2001, 08:58 AM   #1
Tsmaz
Grizzled Veteran

Tsmaz is on a distinguished road
Default Do You Believe In Ghosts?

What I do believe that what we all are is our soul and our bodies are just what the soul lives inside of and at death only the body dies and the soul crosses over to the other world.

Now, if ghosts exists the explanation I've read and go along with is that for some reason after death that persons's soul is unable to cross over into the next world and remains earthbound as a ghost and is capable of making its presence known.

Has anyone had an experience with hauntings?
Tsmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 12:25 PM   #2
Rick Dogg
All-Star Player

Rick Dogg is on a distinguished road

Awesome topic!

I dont believe in ghosts. However, I have heard a lot of facinating stories about them. One of the local talk show hosts here in Cleveland claimed the house he was staying at was haunted and was teased a lot by the other hosts for that.

--Captain Hook
Rick Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 12:32 PM   #3
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Right, good topic.

I do believe our souls do not die, they are used in other life forms and future lives. I haven't really thought about this, and I don't know if there are real ghosts, but there might be spirits. I've been told some pretty freaky stories about this stuff.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 12:46 PM   #4
NickHammy
Sports Virtuoso

NickHammy is on a distinguished road

nope, I haven't experienced any hauntings...
Old 08-16-2001, 06:55 PM   #5
SC-Jared
All-Star Player

SC-Jared is on a distinguished road

Yes, I do.

Because of a story involving my deceased grandfather.
SC-Jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 08:01 PM   #6
Rick Dogg
All-Star Player

Are you going to tell us the story???

--Captain Hook
Old 08-17-2001, 02:37 AM   #7
Nate
Sports Virtuoso

Nate is on a distinguished road

Yeah, you can't leave us hanging, Jared. :freak:

Go Colts! Go Boilers! Go Pacers! [[email protected]nspencer]
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2001, 10:20 AM   #8
SC-Jared
All-Star Player

Alright, alright....but it's kind of confusing, so I'll try to set the stage.

My grandfather built my grandparents' house before my mom was born. He built it from scratch, and the only people that had lived there were them.

My grandpa died in his 60s (I believe in 1989) from a bunch of heart problems stemming from bad health from smoking, among other things (he also had a pacemaker). He was a heavy smoker.

My grandmother (we call her Vavo, which is Portuguese for grandmother), was forced out of the house last year because she kept falling and it was unsafe for her to live there alone anymore. We moved her to an assisted-living home, and a family bought the house.

After she had left and the new people were in the house, she spent a week in February 2000 at the hospital, not assistant-living, for health problems.

In early March, 2000, my mom received a call from the woman from the family that lives in the old house. She asked my mom "Was your dad a smoker?" My mom said "Well, yes, why?" The woman said "Well........I think he was here." The woman explained that on a couple of nights she had woken up in the middle of the night to the smell of heavy cigarette-smoking, not just the old-smell of the house, since he had lived there, but someone actually smoking in her bedroom. She said she also felt the presence of somebody in the room, whom she now believed to be my grandpa.

She also said that the smoking-smell was particularly heavy during a week in February. That week, after asking my mom, was in fact the week my grandmother was in the hospital.

My mom believes that my grandfather returned to the house, went to the bedroom, and was wondering where my grandmother was, and was worried about her (being in the hospital).

That basically makes me a believer. Maybe it will you too, because it's the honest-to-God truth.
Old 08-17-2001, 12:15 PM   #9
Tsmaz
Grizzled Veteran

Tsmaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by SC-Jared
Alright, alright....but it's kind of confusing, so I'll try to set the stage.

My grandfather built my grandparents' house before my mom was born. He built it from scratch, and the only people that had lived there were them.

My grandpa died in his 60s (I believe in 1989) from a bunch of heart problems stemming from bad health from smoking, among other things (he also had a pacemaker). He was a heavy smoker.

My grandmother (we call her Vavo, which is Portuguese for grandmother), was forced out of the house last year because she kept falling and it was unsafe for her to live there alone anymore. We moved her to an assisted-living home, and a family bought the house.

After she had left and the new people were in the house, she spent a week in February 2000 at the hospital, not assistant-living, for health problems.

In early March, 2000, my mom received a call from the woman from the family that lives in the old house. She asked my mom "Was your dad a smoker?" My mom said "Well, yes, why?" The woman said "Well........I think he was here." The woman explained that on a couple of nights she had woken up in the middle of the night to the smell of heavy cigarette-smoking, not just the old-smell of the house, since he had lived there, but someone actually smoking in her bedroom. She said she also felt the presence of somebody in the room, whom she now believed to be my grandpa.

She also said that the smoking-smell was particularly heavy during a week in February. That week, after asking my mom, was in fact the week my grandmother was in the hospital.

My mom believes that my grandfather returned to the house, went to the bedroom, and was wondering where my grandmother was, and was worried about her (being in the hospital).

That basically makes me a believer. Maybe it will you too, because it's the honest-to-God truth.
A very good story Jared; don't get me wrong when I say story, I believe you and it is typical of those told by people who have experienced what is known as the paranormal where the experience relates to something about the person which in this case is cigarette use by your granadfather and the smell of such afterwards.

Tsmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2001, 12:54 PM   #10
Rick Dogg
All-Star Player

How can a dead person smoke?

--Captain Hook
Old 08-17-2001, 10:05 PM   #11
SC-Jared
All-Star Player

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick Dogg
How can a dead person smoke?
I dont know if you're serious, Rick, but it's quite obvious. My grandfather was smoking, even though you couldnt see him.

It isnt that hard to figure out.
Old 08-17-2001, 10:16 PM   #12
Rick Dogg
All-Star Player

Where would he get the cigarettes?

--Captain Hook
Old 08-17-2001, 10:36 PM   #13
NickHammy
Sports Virtuoso

NickHammy is on a distinguished road

maybe he had some leftover.....where would you and I get a pack???

so do u think he'll be back next year at the same time?

Last edited by NickHammy; 08-17-2001 at 10:39 PM.
NickHammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 12:46 AM   #14
Marc
Administrator

Jared, that's a great story. I have one that's kind of funny, but I don't remember it in enough details to explain it. I will have to ask a family member about it and get back to you guys.
Old 08-19-2001, 02:25 PM   #15
Marc
Administrator

Default A story told from generation to generation in my family

Many years ago, it was reported that a man murdered his wife in a small house on a mountain side in Eastern Kentucky, where my grandmother grew up. After that, there were numerous reports of people seeing a little white dog run across the road in front of that house. All the neighbors feared seeing the little while dog. A young couple was walking along that road late one night when the dog ran in front of them. The young man kicked the dog only to have his foot go through the dog as if it wasn't there. Many local people felt the dog represented the dog which was in the house at the time of the murder. Who knows?