Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

View Poll Results: Who will win the game?
Giants win a close one 5 62.50%
Giants stomp on the Eagles! 1 12.50%
Eagles win a close one 2 25.00%
Eagles blowout the Giants! 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2006, 07:49 PM   #1
NYG Babe 28
Dear Abby of Sports

Location: Originally NY, Temporarily San Diego but moving to Boston!
NYG Babe 28 is on a distinguished road
Cool Head to Head - Giants vs Eagles

Big NFC East Match up tomorrow - Giants vs Eagles. Who do you think is going to win the game? I personally think my Giants will pull it off but I think it will be a fairly close one. I say Giants by 7! :thumbup:

What do you think?
Old 12-16-2006, 07:51 PM   #2
chiefsfan27
Paul Foeller

chiefsfan27 is on a distinguished road

Giants by 3
chiefsfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 09:35 PM   #3
JJDoe
CBS Defector

JJDoe is on a distinguished road

Lets see.. head to head comparison.

Jeff Garcia vs. Eli Manning --- This matchup is based completely on how well Eli Manning does. Jeff Garcia has been performing well lately, and has always been more consistent. Manning however, is one of the more inconsistent QBs in the league. At times, he is a top 5 QB, and at times, he's a Rex Grossman. Edge: Manning

Brian Westbrook vs. Tiki Barber / Brandon Jacobs --- This one easily goes to the Giants; Barber is a better runner, but has a bit lower big-play potential. Brandon Jacobs is a huge red-zone threat, and he has lots of potential as a whole. Brian Westbrook, who is a good RB, can't compete. Edge: Barber & Jacobs

David Atkers vs. Jay Feely --- I don't follow kickers much, but after Feely's wonderful performance against the Bears, I'd say Atkers is better. Edge: Atkers

Donte' Stallworth / Reggie Brown vs. Plaxico Burress / Tim Carter --- The Giants are at a loss without Amani Toomer, who is a great wideout. Donte' Stallworth is having a fabulous season, and would be doing better had it not been for his injury. Reggie Brown is a young player with lots of potential. Edge: Stallworth & Brown

L.J. Smith vs. Jeremy Shockey --- Though Smith has been doing well, Shockey is, without a doubt, the better TE. Edge: Shockey

Eagles D vs. Giants D --- The Giants have an inconsistent D that performs well in some occasions and horribly in others. Its a pretty good D overall, though. The Eagles have a mediocre D. Edge: Giants

Overall, I'd give the edge to the Giants.
JJDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:03 PM   #4
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

As respectable as the Eagles have been, this is still them without their best player, and the Giants have a lot on the line. Giants by six.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:52 PM   #5
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

It looks like the Giants by 6 but I wouldn't rule out the Eagles. Garcia has reverted back to his 49ers days somewhat & Manning, tho decent thru the last couple, hasn't convinced me that he's not capable of wilting under the pressure.

Burress is back to his "they can't cover me" ala Bears game where he caught 4 balls for about 50 yards against a secondary he termed suspect. Now he's woofin' that there's no way the Eagle secondary can stop him...

Yea, he had a strong game last meeting but without Toomer this time, he'll be more of a decoy than threat IMO. He should just learn to keep his trap shut & quit ending up bulletin board fodder...

That said, I'd say somewhat of an upset by the visitin' Eagles by 6...
Old 12-17-2006, 02:58 AM   #6
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

The only way I see te Eagles stopping the Giants on the ground is if they open up a huge lead early in the game and force the Giants to abandon the run. With that in mind, the Giants had better be on the lookout for a surprise onside kick by the Eagles early on (so far this year, unanticipated onside kicks have been recovered by the kicking team slightly more than half the time).

Otherwise, a repeat of what Jacksonville did offensively against Indianapolis last week would appear to be inevitable.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:30 PM   #7
grifter
Skateboarding thug, Baby!

grifter is on a distinguished road

I'm alittle late on this due to being at work and actually having to work but I say the Eagles. Garcia is better than Manning, Stallworth and Brown are better than the whole wr corps of the Gmen, and Westbrook is a bit better than Tiki as far as usefull means of yardage. He does have a 5.1 yds per carry right now with over 900yds running and another 600+ yds recieving.

I played golf once. While everyone else was trying to hit holes in one, I hit a person. Let me tell ya that was so much more fun. I didn't know you were supposed to yell Four, I was to busy mumbling "I'm gonna miss him, alittle bit more to the left"
grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:38 PM   #8
grifter
Skateboarding thug, Baby!

grifter is on a distinguished road

My bad I didn't realize what time it is and went to check on scores. boy was I really late on this.

I played golf once. While everyone else was trying to hit holes in one, I hit a person. Let me tell ya that was so much more fun. I didn't know you were supposed to yell Four, I was to busy mumbling "I'm gonna miss him, alittle bit more to the left"
grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:27 PM   #9
wufpax
cbs refugee

wufpax is on a distinguished road

Babe, sorry didnt make it to the poll on time...You know who I was picking anyway...GIANTS BABY! Oh well, it didnt happen and I'm a lil sad now .
Hopefully next week will be better...

You definetly need to sit Shockey down and find out why he is so angry all the time! :lol:
Old 12-18-2006, 11:19 AM   #10
NYG Babe 28
Dear Abby of Sports

Location: Originally NY, Temporarily San Diego but moving to Boston!
NYG Babe 28 is on a distinguished road

Hey Wuffy,
I think Shockey needs to get some. He seems frustrated all the time... LOL! I'll see what I can do. JK! :lol:

I think its over for the Giants and without Tiki next year we are in trouble. I am not liking this being at the bottom of the division stuff... but it may be that way for a bit... yikes :whine:
Old 12-18-2006, 06:16 PM   #11
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Yeah, the Giants are definitely going to be hurting next year if they think Jacobs can be a featured back; especially since Eli has yet to become the franchise QB the Giants think he is going to be.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 06:36 AM   #12
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

With Barber's impending retirement, the Giants running game becomes a kind of opposite number to the Eagles running game - at least entering the off-season anyway: Where the Giants will be in need of an outside running threat, the Eagles need to pursue an inside power runner.

If either team decides to seek salvation through the free-agent market, Dominic Rhodes - an unrestricted free agent seemingly rendered redundant by Joseph Addai's emergence - seems the most logical option for the Giants, while Najeh Davenport, Musa Smith and Anthony Thomas - who looked awesome last month when Willis McGahee missed some playing time - would appear to head Philly's wish list; however, the Eagles might have a better shot in the draft, where they get a break in the form of the broken leg suffered by Michael Bush in Louisville's season opener this year! As a result, Bush may trickle down in the first-round draft order to a spot where the Eagles, now quite possibly destined for a non-top-20 pick, can freely select Bush without being charged with the deadly sin of "reaching."
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote