Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 09-08-2008, 06:04 PM   #1
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about
Default Week 1: Monday Morning QB Round Table

Brett Favre: OK debut but a little too much 'blind' commentary on the fluke TD. Still going to be a rough year in NY.

Panthers: I still don't like Delhomme no matter he does.

Bears played a solid game against Indy tho it was obvious that the weakened Colt OL & Manning were far from in sync.

Brady gone is a shame cuz I enjoy watching the best at work. We'll see how good Belichick really is now cuz the Patriots are in a world of hurt & didn't play well.

Flacco did decently for being thrown in the fire. He's one I was hoping the Bears to take a shot on so I don't want him to do too well.

My, have the Seahawks fallen...even further.

NO uses Bush right for a change but that's basically cuz everything else was working. Poor Chucky.

Lotta hoopla for McNabb which he deserved but also remembering, this was still the Rams.

Dallas & Romo look like they're ready & willing in crushing the Browns (with a bit of Browns help). Romeo, Romeo, where art thou & team, Romeo?

Still hard to believe that Warner still has something in the tank...

What a bad week for Jag offensive linemen...whew.

& the biggest question outside of how Aaron Rodgers will do in his debut still is:

How in the Hell does Matt Millen keep his job in Detroit? 318 yards rushing to an Atlanta team that you knew was going to run that had a brand spanking new 1st time HC & QB?
Old 09-08-2008, 07:54 PM   #2
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Brett Favre somehow has kept that horseshoe inserted into his ass.

Bucs wont win 6 games this year.

We finally get to see if the Patriots were good do to scheme or Brady.
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:42 PM   #3
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Is the balance of power starting to finally shift? Two of the supposed AFC elite lose at home to NFC teams considered to be fringe playoff teams at best. You will not find many who think the Bears or Panthers are going to win more than 10 games this year.

Flacco played well enough to win, but barely completing 50% against a mediocre Bengals secondary is not a good sign, especially when none of his completions went for more than 15 yards.

The Falcons had the perfect game plan using Ryan to set up the run and not relying on him to win the game.

Yes, it was only the Rams but keep in mind those numbers were also put up without Reggie Brown and Kevin Curtis in the lineup who are supposedly Philly's two best receivers.

Micheal Turner showed why the Chargers fought tooth and nail to keep him as long as they possibly could.

The NFC West is probably the worst division in football this year with the AFC West coming in a close second. I give the AFC West a slight nod simply because the Chargers are better than anything the NFC West has to offer.

Matt Forte looks like the real deal as do Chris Johnson and DeSean Jackson though it is still too early in the season crown any of them legit just yet.

Aaron Rodgers is looking like the real deal as well right now. He has looked very good against what is supposed to be a quality defense.

Tavaris Jackson is showing exactly why the Vikings are a pretender and not a contender right now.

For the love of God can the MNF crew STOP with the Aaron Rodgers/Brett Favre comparisons. It is utterly embarrassing to even mention the two in the same breath right now aside from Rodgers being Favre's successor.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:43 PM   #4
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by themush View Post
We finally get to see if the Patriots were good do to scheme or Brady.
The Pats are good due to scheme. Brady makes them an elite team. Remember they were a pretty good team before Brady succeeded Bledsoe.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:00 PM   #5
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

Not sure about that. The offense was changed a bit to fit Brady. They'll have to go to work re-doing their scheme to fit the next guy. Brady will not be back this season.

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:07 AM   #6
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

True but if Randy Moss can make Daunte Culpepper look like a HOF QB then Matt Cassel will be okay. They will probably simplify the playbook a bit and look to run the ball more, but it is not as though guys like Moss and Wes Welker were a couple of hacks before coming to New England.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:47 PM   #7
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Flacco is getting the nod again this weekend.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3577120

Not a bad week #1 for him. His TD run was pretty impressive considering he's a little light on grace.

I was under the impression that had Troy Smith stayed healthy he would have started in week #1.

Sounds like a temp job for Flacco so we'll see how he does with that pressure.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote