Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > Major League Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 08:41 PM   #106
suedon1970
Sports Chick

suedon1970 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by themush View Post
Got'em delivered by DHL yesterday. I can't freakin wait.
awesome!!!:thumbsup2:

I guess I'm gonna have to rely on stubhub...
Old 09-25-2008, 08:52 PM   #107
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedon1970 View Post
I was hoping Kaz could put them over the top today, but alas, it wasn't meant to be....

Did you get your playoff tickets Mush, before they were sold out???
Wait a second, the Rays are gonna sell out a game?

Next you'll tell me Florida football is gonna play a road game outside the South.

:lol:

I take 'em while I can people.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:39 AM   #108
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

The Twins did what they had to do this week. They finished off a sweep of the Sox in the Dome, beating Bobby Jenks with a run in the 9th. One question I have for Ozzie Guillen is why Jenks was asked to pitch 2 1/3 innings anyway? He is a closer and is geared up to throw one inning at a time. Asking him to extend himself this late in the season is foolish, although Joe Nathan, who won the game, pitched 2 innings himself.

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:07 AM   #109
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Yeah, that is an odd move by Ozzie given that Scott Linebrink was the only reliever used the night before so it was not as though he had a bunch of spent arms out in the pen from the game before. The only thing I can think of is since Jenks had not pitched since Sunday Ozzie felt he should be rested enough to close it out.

If you are the Rays are you a bit worried about Scott Kazmir? He has gotten lit up in two of last three starts giving up 4 homers in each of those games. It is going to be interesting to see how the Rays fair in the postseason given that none of their starters has ever made a postseason start and Matt Garza, Andy Sonnanstine, and Edwin Jackson are already at their career highs for innings pitched.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
Old 09-26-2008, 10:19 AM   #110
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

I would agree with that assessment, doublee. The Rays are in "uncharted" water here. Few of their players have competed in major league playoffs and they need to learn how to win there as well as in the regular season.
As a Twins' fan, I see their struggles being a plus in the Twins attempt to advance in the playoffs, should they (the Twins) make it at all.

Catman

Last edited by catman; 09-26-2008 at 10:26 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:16 AM   #111
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

HibachiDG is on a distinguished road

The Mets collapse is now on in full as they lost last night to fall 2 back in the division and 1 in the wildcard with two to play. They decided to move Johan Santana up to pitch today on 3 day's rest because if they lose today, tomorrow might not matter.

I'm hoping two things for the Phillies game today:

1.) Win...clinch that thing today so Cole Hamels doesn't have to pitch tomorrow and they can set their rotation Hamels-Myers-Moyer for the playoffs. Myers-Blanton-Hamels otherwise just makes things weird.

2.) That they do so with Chase Utley on the bench. Can not put Chase in there against that sonofa***** John Lannan. Yes I'm still terrified of Lannan's MLB debut which he hit Chase on the wrist putting him out for like a month and then on the next batter hit Ryan Howard. Lannan scares the crap out of me.
Old 09-28-2008, 03:49 AM   #112
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Does anyone want to win the AL Central? After the Twins sweep the Chi-sox they drop 2 at home to the Royals??? Meanwhile the Chi-sox continue to lose??

Santana got the job done last night.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:51 AM   #113
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

HibachiDG is on a distinguished road

Santana got the job done, CCs turn to match today.

Santana 16-7
JAIME MOYER 16-7
Old 09-28-2008, 10:49 PM   #114
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

CC pitched a gem. The NL is set. Milwaukee goes to Philadelphia and LA to Chicago.
The AL is set, other than the Central. The Sox play Detroit tomorrow to see if they need to play a game against the Twins on Tuesday. The winner of the Central goes to Tampa to play the Rays. The Red Sox go to LA to play the Angels.

Catman
Old 09-28-2008, 10:50 PM   #115
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

Santana had his bullpen lose 7 games for him this season. I'm not making excuses, but he certainly pitched well enough to win 20+ games and be the Cy Young Award winner.

Catman
Closed Thread