Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 02:57 PM   #46
IntheNet
Hall of Famer

IntheNet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Graham
In the meantime, allow more legal immigration from Mexico...
:lol:
Why not just move Mexico north Doug? Most of its residents are here already!!!
Old 08-17-2006, 04:35 PM   #47
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough

Good point In the Net.:lol:
Old 08-17-2006, 05:05 PM   #48
Noon
You moterboatin' son of a

Noon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama4256 View Post
5.Additional U.S. Troops to guard our borders with Mexico. If found crossing the border illegally you could be shot. Try crossing the border in China without permission.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Graham View Post
9. Work more with Mexico more to get their economy working. In the meantime, allow more legal immigration from Mexico.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noon View Post
1. I would make hunting of humans ok in designated areas, like Yellowstone Park, and during certain seasons, like winter.
Why can't we just combine all three of these.

We allow illegal immigrants into the country. Ship them to Yellowstone Park. Then we could have people pay money to go hunt them down and shoot them.

It's a win-win for everyone. Well, everyone except immigrants, who apparently don't meet the requirements to be treated humanely.

-RB
Old 08-17-2006, 05:16 PM   #49
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

Noon you are so cool.

Last edited by bama4256; 08-17-2006 at 08:04 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:23 PM   #50
The Pirate Bob
All-Star Player

The Pirate Bob is on a distinguished road

1. I would not allow anyone under 40 to serve in a military war zone and would institute a draft when needed in times of war for those over 40.

2. I would make it illegal to dispose of anything eadible which can be preserved and shipped to starving countries.

3. I would ban any further production of all personal vehicles that run on petrolium based products. And require all those in existance to be destroyed or converted to some less poluting energy source within 10 years.

4. I would create a department to oversee the development of a usable practicle modern mass transit system for every city, all of which will be required to have a working system by the year 2017.

5. For every dollar spent on military defense, one must be equally spent on education, health care, and the homeless.

6. I would ban the death penalty for two practical reasons:
a. It is a fact that it costs more to put someone to death now than it does to incarcerate them for life.
b. Death is not a punishment but a release from the pain and misery of life, thus the only punishment one can administer to anyone is while they are alive. Why free and release them from there debt to society.

7. All repeat sex offenders will automatically be castrated and turned into a complete non-sexual beings.

8. I would create a flat 10% income tax with no deductions whatsoever on all income over $12,000 per year.

9. I would lower the age of consent to 14, along with requiring all schools to offer a mandatory liberal sex education class to all 13 yr olds.

10. And finally, I would make it illegal to take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:49 PM   #51
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Richard the Lionheart will become famous soon enoughRichard the Lionheart will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pirate Bob View Post
9. I would lower the age of consent to 14, along with requiring all schools to offer a mandatory liberal sex education class to all 13 yr olds.
Why? What good could possibly come of this?
Old 08-17-2006, 07:37 PM   #52
IntheNet
Hall of Famer

IntheNet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pirate Bob
...turned into a complete non-sexual beings...
Housewives?
Old 08-17-2006, 07:54 PM   #53
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Richard the Lionheart will become famous soon enoughRichard the Lionheart will become famous soon enough

Ha! Now that is funny.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:06 PM   #54
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

Pirate Bob I think 14 is a little young to be thinking of sex or being taught about sex. It should be a law that the parents should start teaching their kids about sex.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:12 PM   #55
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

Ricky, Have you seen 14-year old girls these days?!!

HOT!!!
Old 08-17-2006, 08:15 PM   #56
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky the Kid View Post
Ha! Now that is funny.

Oops. Stumbled into perceivable hypocrisy and, well, uh... had to right myself.

Last edited by MountaineerDave; 08-17-2006 at 08:18 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot
Old 08-17-2006, 08:21 PM   #57
The Pirate Bob
All-Star Player

The Pirate Bob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountaineerDave View Post
Ricky, Have you seen 14-year old girls these days?!!

HOT!!!

I am not sure what town Bama lives in and "HOT" isn't the point. That is all those kids think about at 14 on and they need some open discussion and objective education on what is is all about, how to deal with it, and how to protect themselves both physically and psychologically.

I feel that adults who think they are too young at that age seem oblivious to teenage reality. I don't think it is even a close call these days. These girls I see and have taught in schools, start dressing, talking, and want to be sexual beings at 10 and 11 yrs old. Scary I know, but turn on the TV and see what they are exposed to and told they should be like to be cool and like everyone else.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:27 PM   #58
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama4256 View Post
Pirate Bob I think 14 is a little young to be thinking of sex or being taught about sex. It should be a law that the parents should start teaching their kids about sex.
Keith... come on. When you were 14, did you think of anything BESIDES sex? I mean, really?

While I certainly don't agree with the idea of reducing the age of consent to such a tender age (my girl would be only 9 years from lawful sex! AAHHHH!!! ) I think the idea simply follows a reality in our society, which is, frightfully, there are a bunch of kids screwing at younger ages than we like to consider on a daily basis. Your way of thinking (restrictive) has actually gone nowhere in the kids having sex regard. I think that's where Pirate Bob's idea stems from.

Or he's a Humbert Humbert who wishes he could act on his perverted desires without fear of the police coming to his house and castrating him automatically.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:58 PM   #59
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

I think Ricky asked the right question...

You can make the case for more sex eduation at ages like 13 and 14, I would tend to agree with that. Before sex education classes, to paraphrase Lewis Grizzard (RIP - one of few things that I agreed with him on), most "education" took place behind the bleachers, the "teacher" only had a few years on his "students," and only included some inarticulate fundamentals on how to do it. Unless you feel like we can stamp out sex before adulthood/marriage/whatever in this country, I'd rather the kids know, from a REAL adult, how they can protect themselves from disease and pregnancy.

But lowering the age of consent? As far as I know, no one's prosecuting 14-year olds who have sex with each other. The age of consent law is to protect kids from being exploited by adults...there's no such thing as a healthy sexual relationship between a 25 year old and a 14 year old.

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
Old 08-17-2006, 09:02 PM   #60
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountaineerDave View Post
Oops. Stumbled into perceivable hypocrisy and, well, uh... had to right myself.
Wait, what? I'm not sure what you mean by that. Are you calling me hypocritical?