Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 09:07 PM   #61
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Richard the Lionheart will become famous soon enoughRichard the Lionheart will become famous soon enough

Kevin is exactly right. There is nothing preventing two minors from having sex. Where I live there is even a two year buffer rule. All lowering the consent age will do is make it easier for twisted adults to prey on children.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:14 PM   #62
Noon
You moterboatin' son of a

Noon is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I'm down with as much sex education as possible, as long as abstinence is at least a part of the discussion.

I'm not down with lowering the age of consent to 14. Half those creepy myspace predators/would-be-felons would now just be creepy guys.

-RB
Old 08-18-2006, 12:13 AM   #63
The Pirate Bob
All-Star Player

The Pirate Bob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountaineerDave View Post

Or he's a Humbert Humbert who wishes he could act on his perverted desires without fear of the police coming to his house and castrating him automatically.
You got me! Can't you picture it now if the age of consent was 14: dozens of 14 and 15 yr old girls crowded around my 94 Olds Regency with a Handicap sticker just begging to go home with this balding near 300 lb 57 yr old guy whose legs are so worn out that he can hardly walk.

I just got tired of beating away the 18 yr olds while watchig all those younger girls so envious of them and wishing they were with me instead. It is just cruel to torture young girls like that.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:51 AM   #64
Billy D
Alternative View

Billy D is on a distinguished road

This whole thread is like a metaphor for high schools and colleges: It beats me over the head until I want to drop out. I can relate to Buckeye's "GED genius" buddies
Old 08-18-2006, 02:41 AM   #65
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Richard the Lionheart will become famous soon enoughRichard the Lionheart will become famous soon enough

Yeah, we're all geniuses here... :uhoh:
Old 08-18-2006, 09:08 AM   #66
IntheNet
Hall of Famer

IntheNet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinBeane View Post
You can make the case for more sex eduation at ages like 13 and 14, I would tend to agree with that...
Only if some moral education accompanies said education... and since the odds of that happening are between 0 and none, then sex education, divorced from moral instruction should not be offered in any forum.

Parents should be the vehicle of such instruction, since schools - under the thumb of liberal leftists with a secular agenda- cannot properly merge morality and biology and it should stay that way until administrators learn how to treat the subject in the right way. Children 13 and 14 need geography lessons anyway... not prep for Penthouse!
Old 08-18-2006, 11:28 AM   #67
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough

InTheNet I like your thinking buddy.:thumbup:
Old 08-18-2006, 11:38 AM   #68
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

tobynosker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pirate Bob
9. I would lower the age of consent to 14, along with requiring all schools to offer a mandatory liberal sex education class to all 13 yr olds.
I don't know where I fall exactly on this issue, because...

...I attended a very small and rural high school where it was not uncommon to find juniors and seniors dating freshman and sophomores. But, with the age of consent in the state of Kansas being 16-years old, if a junior (say 16 or 17-years old) has sex with his girlfriend who is a freshman (say 14 or 15-years old) and even though she consented to wanting to have sex, her parents can still charge the junior with statutory rape or indecent liberties of a child.

And I have seen it happen.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:29 PM   #69
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheNet
Only if some moral education accompanies said education... and since the odds of that happening are between 0 and none, then sex education, divorced from moral instruction should not be offered in any forum.
You actually had me in agreement for exactly half a sentence...what do you mean by "moral education?" If you mean abstinence, I went to public schools, underwent sex education, and I assure you they implored us that the only way you are guaranteed to avoid pregnancy and disease is to abstain. So that's more than zero.

Quote:
Parents should be the vehicle of such instruction, since schools - under the thumb of liberal leftists with a secular agenda- cannot properly merge morality and biology and it should stay that way until administrators learn how to treat the subject in the right way. Children 13 and 14 need geography lessons anyway... not prep for Penthouse!
Yeah...I agree that those children whose parents either do not have "the talk" with their children, or who are bad parents filling their kids' heads with bad things about sex (or worse) should not have any recourse and should pay severely for giving in to the temptation that every kid that age is consumed with. I also think it's more important to shield them from potentially titlliating knowledge than to impart information that could save their lives, if it comes down to a choice.

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
Old 08-18-2006, 12:45 PM   #70
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough

If you had a daughter when would u talk to her about sex? When would u allow her to date? At what age would u approve of her having sex rather married or unmarried?

I say let them date at age 16. I would have her mother start talking o her about sexual issues around the age of 13. I wouldn't approve of her having sex until she was 21. I wouldn't approve of her getting married until she was 21. Hopefully a mature adult.

Just my thoughts.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:05 PM   #71
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

tobynosker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama4256
I say let them date at age 16. I would have her mother start talking o her about sexual issues around the age of 13. I wouldn't approve of her having sex until she was 21. I wouldn't approve of her getting married until she was 21. Hopefully a mature adult.
I don't think any parent ever truly approves of their kids having sex, regardless of age, until they are married.

And if your daughter leaves the house and attends college at 18, I don't think she will be calling seeking her parent's approval.

Thirteen is too-late of a stage to be talking to your child about sex. I have nieces who are eleven and twelve years old and they are already well aware of sex and the consequences of sex. And if they haven't heard it from having "the talk" with the parents, they have heard about it from friends and by simply watching the nature of our society.

And as far as dating is concerned, it usually isn't that big of a deal until either one of the two involved is able to drive (16-years of age here in Kansas).
Old 08-19-2006, 12:03 AM   #72
Ellis
gymnopedist

Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobynosker View Post
I don't think any parent ever truly approves of their kids having sex, regardless of age, until they are married.
Hugh Hefner has at least one kid. Imagine how much ass that kid is getting!

And I will bet you that Hefner truly approves of it... it is what their family was built on.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:06 AM   #73
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis View Post
Hugh Hefner has at least one kid. Imagine how much ass that kid is getting!

And I will bet you that Hefner truly approves of it... it is what their family was built on.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This kid needs to go on tour or something.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:07 AM   #74
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

:lol:

I think SC is on his current tour, Buck....
Old 08-19-2006, 05:02 AM   #75
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Here's one thing I'd change:

EVERYTHING would be based on seniority.

And on that note, I'm getting the f*** outta this thread.
Closed Thread