Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > Major League Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 08:28 PM   #16
NY Jay 05
East Coaster

NY Jay 05 is on a distinguished road

Yankees beat the Twins 10-1 today. A-Rod had another 2 home run game.

2005 NFL Pick 'Em Champion
Old 09-03-2006, 09:48 PM   #17
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Sox fall to KC 7-3...:thumbdown:

Sox & Twins just keep lettin' the Tigers off the hook. Now we see what Detroit does with this tonight against the Angels....
Old 09-03-2006, 11:03 PM   #18
Noon
You moterboatin' son of a

Noon is on a distinguished road

The Royals have turned into playoff-contender killers the last three weeks. Sweep the Red Sox. Take two from Oakland. Take two from the Twins. Take two from Chicago.

If only they weren't mathmaticly eliminated from the playoffs back in early May, they could be quickly moving up the standings.

-RB
Old 09-03-2006, 11:55 PM   #19
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

At least the Tigers gave back the gift by losing 2-1 to the Angels.....:thumbup:
Old 09-04-2006, 11:22 PM   #20
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Redsox get back some key players today: Manny, Ortiz (did not play) Nixon and V-tek - but Schilling did not make his scheduled start. But being 6.5 games behind in the WC and 8 games behind the Yankees they may be too far out.
Carlos Pena hit a walk-off in the 10th to beat the Chi-sox.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:24 PM   #21
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Bobby Jenks.....:redhot:

This one shouldn't even went 10. What a pisser....:redhot:
Old 09-04-2006, 11:28 PM   #22
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

Jenks has been a very good closer this season, but may have pitched a few too many innings. Reliability in the bullpen has been a problem for the Sox this season, at times.

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:42 PM   #23
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Yea, he's been fairly good during the year but he's had a problem with giving up a run or 2 even while being successful. Too many grooved pitches that I knew would get more dangerous as fatigue set in later in the year. He's gotta get better changing things up to make that heater work. He falls back on the fastball way too often...
Old 09-05-2006, 12:57 AM   #24
Noon
You moterboatin' son of a

Noon is on a distinguished road

royals f-ing implode against the yankees. it was almost a relief. after taking two from the twins and two from the white sox, then shutting down the yankees for seven innings, i was starting to wonder if maybe the royals were turning a big corner. fortunately, new york scored seven runs in the eighth before kc recorded an out and went on to score 10 in the inning. that's more like it.

-RB
Old 09-05-2006, 01:19 AM   #25
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

I saw that when they were up 5-1. Whoa...talk about comin' back down to earth...hard...
Old 09-05-2006, 06:52 PM   #26
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough

i was really impressed with Atlanta pitcher Chuck James last night. He's 24 years old. He pitched an opne hitter against the powerful Mets last night thru eight innings. James is 8-3 on the year and has a bright future ahead of him.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:42 PM   #27
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Ok, now I have no idea what is going on... The Redsox beat the Chi-sox 1-0 today. Kason Gabbard got his 1st MLB win with a 7IP, 3H shutout. Timlin came in for 2 innings and gave up 1 hit to finish for the save.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:46 PM   #28
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

What a time for the Chi-Sox bats to go silent....especially after that heartbreaker last night....:redhot:
Old 09-06-2006, 02:40 AM   #29
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

Tonight, the Royals didn't blow a lead to the Yanks. They have been playing pretty well lately.

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:38 AM   #30
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough

Johan Santana is really pitching some great ball. He leads the majors in strikeouts. I thought Roy Halladay would be the Cy Young winner this season, but I now believe Santana will win it. He will lead Minnesota into the postseason.