Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 12-27-2009, 07:40 PM   #1
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough
Default Week 16 thoughts

Two losses in a row by the Saints as the Bucs come back and shock them: Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. New Orleans Saints - Recap - December 27, 2009 - ESPN Wow, the Saints appear to have peaked too early.

As I right this, the Colts are trailing 18-15 to the Jets, wow!

My Packers annihilated the Seahawks, 48-10. Should be a great game against the Cardinals in Week 17...

Carolina blew out the Giants, 41-9. Last game at the Meadowlands, but dang, where did this come from with the Panthers? Credit to Matt Moore. Delhomme is definitely done... And the Giants, what a disappointment!

Other than that, a pretty routine week with lots of blowouts.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:22 PM   #2
Nate
Sports Virtuoso

Nate is on a distinguished road

Colts gave away the game to rest starters for a month. I think this is the dumbest move ever! The Colts have shown in years' past that resting doesn't help, and might actually have lead to some playoff LOSSES! I think Peyton needs his rhythm to succeed and he won't get that on the sidelines watching Curis Painter throw interceptions under pressure just like he did at Purdue. :redhot:

Go Colts! Go Boilers! Go Pacers! [[email protected]nspencer]
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:44 AM   #3
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

The Saints have not played well for about a month now, the luck just finally ran out and they are starting to lose some games. They could very easily be on a four game losing streak right now. This does not bode well for their Super Bowl fortunes as recent history shows that teams who flounder in December tend to exit the post season early.

The Eagles and Chargers are the two hottest teams in the league right now.

The Eagles did their best to try and lose that game yesterday.

I don't know that Jake Delhomme is done in Charlotte. The team still on the hook for $13 million for Jake so he will definitely be on the team next season. Moore has played well, but, his last two starts came against the 5th worst (Minn) and the 8th worst (NYG) teams in terms of defensive passer rating while one of his other starts came against the Bucs. He was mediocre against the Bucs and Pats and great against the Giants and Vikes.

The Giants did not even bother to show up yesterday and they got the Vikings in a favorable situation being a dome team playing outdoors in sub-40 degrees temperatures.

The Panthers' starting QB next season will depend a lot upon who the coach is next season. If Fox is gone then all bets are off in terms of the starting QB.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:32 AM   #4
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

And I say whoever gets the 2 seed in the NFC (the Eagles, if they win at Dallas) will end up with two playoff games at home, not one - because the Saints have one-and-done written all over them!

Last edited by Anthony; 12-29-2009 at 03:14 AM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:33 AM   #5
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

New Orleans is in a bit of tough spot, no matter who they draw it is going to be a team that is capable of dropping 30 points on a team.

I don't get all of the hype that the Cowboys are suddenly getting. The Saints win was a big win at first but doesn't lose a little after they went belly up against the Bucs? The Saints barely got past the Redskins and a Falcons team playing without Turner and Ryan the two weeks leading up to the Dallas game.

The Cowboys were less than impressive against the Redskins this past weekend yet all I hear about on TV and the radio is how the Cowboys are now back to being Super Bowl contenders.

The Vikings are beginning to have the looks of a one-and-done team as well.

Things are setting up nicely for the Eagles if they win this Sunday at Dallas.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:27 AM   #6
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

What has really happened with the Saints is that their bargain-basement running backs have returned to their bargain-basement roots, and the defense stopped overachieving too.

Meanwhile, over in the AFC, haven't we seen this movie before with both of the top two seeds?

Indeed we have: In 2005, the Colts started 13-0, wrapped up the #1 seed early and coasted into the playoffs - whereupon they went one-and-done; and in 2006, the Chargers stormed into the post-season with a ten-game winning streak - and they, too, went one-and-done in the playoffs.

Maybe Super Bowl XLIV will be a rematch of Super Bowl XXXIX - with or without one of its quarterbacks getting "tired"?
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote