Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Miscellaneous Sports Discussion > Other Sports Blitz > Hockey

View Poll Results: Who'll win this series?
Toronto Maple Leafs (4) 8 72.73%
New York Islanders (5) 3 27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2002, 05:16 PM   #46
Lisa
Sports Enthusiast

Lisa is on a distinguished road

I didn't mean rookie as never coached or anything beofre, i meant rookie as in SUCKS!!! Mike Pecca is a loser.... What an idiot for saying that comment in the paper... he's talking about us not playing real hockey?? what about his team!?!? Webb doesn't have any talent at all! All he does is go out on the ice and hit players even if they don't have the puck! And as for bruised egos.. HELLO we're tied in the series FOOL! By the way, are you canadian??? cause if you are you're a disgrace!!!!!! So, considering that you are cheering for New York, i'm guessing that you also think that booing our national anthem is alright too.. guess what....IT'S NOT!!!!! Leafs are so gonna kill New York tonight!!!
Go Leafs GO!!!
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 06:13 PM   #47
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

lmanchur. is on a distinguished road

Lisa -- what comment of Peca's are you talking about? I'm not sure, but CBC showed one where he said "CuJo is nervous because Friday might be his last game ever in Toronto as a Maple Leaf."

.....that's "bullitein board material" for the Leafs locker room. I think Leafs will win.

And, I agree -- Milbury was way out-of-line, but like 2 days after Brian Burke (VAN) did the same thing. There were way too many penalties in the last two NYI/TOR games, though. 13 powerplays in Game 4 (both teams combined) and.... I'm not sure of the exact stats but it was about the same in the previous game.

"Let the players play" is the motto, I believe
lmanchur. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 09:10 PM   #48
Lisa
Sports Enthusiast

LEAFS ARE SOOO GONNA WIN!!!!
Old 04-26-2002, 09:15 PM   #49
yick1069
Grizzled Veteran

yick1069 is on a distinguished road

Toronto......

Visit My Colorado Avalanche Site
yick1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 09:15 PM   #50
Lisa
Sports Enthusiast

The comment of Pecca's that i am talking about is in today's toronto Star. Pecca said " this is hard playoff hockey. If they think the only way to counteract it is to fight, maybe they're not cut out for playoff hockey." That's taken right from the paper. I rest my case. atleast our Leafs don't run and hide when someone challenges them.
Old 04-26-2002, 09:24 PM   #51
Lisa
Sports Enthusiast

Roberts so didn't mean to hit that guy that hard. I thought he really should have gootten a penalty but not one as severe as that. And about Reichel getting kicked out of the game for not being on the line up, that was stupid. I realize it is a rule, but common, that was a stupid call/rule.
Old 04-26-2002, 11:36 PM   #52
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

It wasn't even the ref's call -- the opposing team has to bring it to their attention. Hey, you can't dress a guy that's not on the gamesheet, simple as that!! I mean, it doesn't make sense if #99 scores a goal but isn't listed as a dressed player, right!?

I think it was a good call. I would've given 5 for checking from behind but I guess 5 for charging is just the same (not automatic game for CFB, is there?). It was a good call. I don't think a suspension should result from it. Johnsson turned away from him at the last second so he added injury to himself right there.

Hit on Peca by Tucker -- that was way legal and it appears that Peca should be back for the next game.

I think the Leafs will take this series on Sunday on Long Island.
Old 04-27-2002, 02:34 AM   #53
icas
And then the robot killed

icas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Lisa
I didn't mean rookie as never coached or anything beofre, i meant rookie as in SUCKS!!! Mike Pecca is a loser.... What an idiot for saying that comment in the paper... he's talking about us not playing real hockey?? what about his team!?!? Webb doesn't have any talent at all! All he does is go out on the ice and hit players even if they don't have the puck! And as for bruised egos.. HELLO we're tied in the series FOOL! By the way, are you canadian??? cause if you are you're a disgrace!!!!!! So, considering that you are cheering for New York, i'm guessing that you also think that booing our national anthem is alright too.. guess what....IT'S NOT!!!!! Leafs are so gonna kill New York tonight!!!
Go Leafs GO!!!
whoah psycho... ok first off... how many leads have you guys blown?? like i said... bruised ego's... what does canadian have to do with anything in the first place... but since you mention it... because of you, i'm so glad i'm not canadian... i would shoot myself in the head.... and about the national anthem being booed... it's not like canada has never done it before... either way, i could care less if the leaf fans booed the u.s. anthem... it's really not that big of deal... as for webb... i'd have to bring up tie domi... he has 24 penalty minutes in this series to webb's 6..
Old 04-27-2002, 02:47 AM   #54
vp318
Sports Central Staff

vp318 is on a distinguished road

whats Robert Reichel's injury? sweet, post count up to 25? i dont know, lost count
vp318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 02:48 AM   #55
vp318
Sports Central Staff

vp318 is on a distinguished road

27!!!!!!
vp318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 10:43 AM   #56
Lisa
Sports Enthusiast

Default Leafs blow out Islanders

What a great game last night! It was so fun to see the look on Mike Milbury's face when we won!! Islanders played ok to. VERY dirty though!!! Mabey they could take a class lesson from us!! The refs called fair last night. The hit from Roberts deserved five minutes, although he genuinly did not mean to hurt him. I think the reason the officials did not give a game misconduct to Roberts is beacause how are you supposed to stop when you are going so fast!?!?McCabe had a GREAT game last night. Since he kind of caused that penalty shot the last game, it was nice for him to get 2 goals.Although the penalty shot was not necasary. A penalty yes, penalty shot, no.

Anyways: GO LEAFS GO

:goof: :goof: :goof: :redhot: :redhot:
Old 04-27-2002, 11:03 AM   #57
Lisa
Sports Enthusiast

Leafs are so gonna blow out the Islanders!!!
Old 04-27-2002, 05:03 PM   #58
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

Ya -- McCabe two goals.... someone else on the Leafs had 2 also, I forget.

I think they'll win tomorrow night and close out the Isles. No Johnsson, no Peca, no Isbister, and heck, with 1 goal in the series, might as well say "no Ya$hin," too
Old 04-27-2002, 08:57 PM   #59
Lisa
Sports Enthusiast

Definetely TORONTO!!!!!
Old 04-28-2002, 01:31 AM   #60
Wedge231
Fan of Struggling Teams

Wedge231 is on a distinguished road

Go Toronto!