Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 09:11 PM   #4441
Marc
Administrator
 
Marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lake Wylie, SC
Posts: 26,428
Marc will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post
^

Hot damn, it works!!!!!!!!!!!
That's right, tell all your friends now.
__________________
Marc James - SCMB Administrator | Sports Central Managing Editor & Founder
Teams: [Kentucky Wildcats] [Green Bay Packers] [Charlotte Hornets]
Follow on Twitter: @mnjames | @sportcentral
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:14 PM   #4442
buckeyefan78
Happy Land
 
buckeyefan78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 12,864
buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
That's right, tell all your friends now.
Sadly Marc, you're my lone friend.

Too bad the plot was taken years ago...

buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:25 PM   #4443
buckeyefan78
Happy Land
 
buckeyefan78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 12,864
buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
I've never once done that. Complete BS.
Marc (breaking out my school voice now), donít make us go all Allen Funt on your ass and show the videotape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
And by the way, other than you and buckeye (and mush, who is the third wheel in your little gang), I have good relationships with regular posters.


Dibs on Moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
In fact, I've had former posters say they won't post due to you all.
Ok, so maybe all boys donít have a penis. Some of them do have
vaginas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
Moderation and consistency is key.
Moderation and consistency of nothing is probably the final frontier of mankind. Forget space and to hell with Spock while we're at it.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:28 PM   #4444
Marc
Administrator
 
Marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lake Wylie, SC
Posts: 26,428
Marc will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post
Marc (breaking out my school voice now), donít make us go all Allen Funt on your ass and show the videotape.
I'm sure you can find some posts I'd rather take back out of over 21,000. But the point is you are splitting hairs. Give me a damn break.
__________________
Marc James - SCMB Administrator | Sports Central Managing Editor & Founder
Teams: [Kentucky Wildcats] [Green Bay Packers] [Charlotte Hornets]
Follow on Twitter: @mnjames | @sportcentral
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:39 AM   #4445
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker
 
Tarkus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In The Wind...
Posts: 11,856
Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
Completely disagree. First of all, Nate is roughly the same age as me, give or take a year or two. 20,000 posts and 11 years of daily work and I deserve more credit than a name on the door. The mods here have been great, but the site is entirely up to me, from the behind-the-scenes technical upgrades on down. I do everything. You have trouble with other examples because there aren't any. I didn't suddenly stop taking advice and guidance from others. And I'm disgusted you act like it's a foregone conclusion I would have "floundered" had it not been for the help of "others," which you vaguely allude to simply because no other example exist. At 23, this is my entire life's work, and you're attacking it, so I take it very personally.


WTF are you talking about? I am a sarcastic person. Perhaps you mistook that for "smart-ass." I may have mentioned how a new member disappeared, but only did so once it was clear they came and left. I am friendly and welcoming to all new members, trying to engage them in discussion about where they're from, their teams, etc.


I've never once done that. Complete BS.


What kind of change can there really be? It's a sports forum, it's already setup and organized in the best fashion possible, I've tweaked some things at members' requests, but the bottom line is it comes down to the posters, not me. And by the way, other than you and buckeye (and mush, who is the third wheel in your little gang), I have good relationships with regular posters. In fact, I've had former posters say they won't post due to you all.


I'm not taking back a single banning I've made. First of all, maybe 1% of members are banned, so it's not as if I ban anyone who I dislike or argue with. The big red button gets pushed SELDOMLY, quit acting like it's otherwise. Secondly, rules are rules. It explicitly says you agree to the rules when you register.

If someone is banned before and signs up again, that's grounds for banishment again, regardless of what they say on their new accounts. Just because you break out of the jail doesn't mean you can roam free. And if those posters are here JUST to rile me up, it means they are a TROLL, another grounds for banishment. This community doesn't need former banned members roaming around with grudges; they are only here to serve a negative purpose. It doesn't matter what they say, they are banned members who were originally banned for a reason and will be banned again.


Buckeye already tried this to prove his "point." I'm sure you can pat yourself on the back and act like you did all you can do at the end of the week, and that it's ultimately my fault for everything. Making new threads is good, I would appreciate you doing that, but it's making sure things stay relatively active over the long-haul that will do most good. Posting a flurry of new threads is not going to do a lot of good. Moderation and consistency is key.


Yeah, because we don't let trolls roam around with F-bombs and porn links everywhere. SO restrictive. The fact is this site was created to be an ALTERNATIVE to the CRAP on ESPN, CBS, etc. Those sites are unmoderated and jungles of trolls, flame wars, spam, and ignorance (14-year-old boys saying Romo is gay, etc.). The SCMB is not restrictive in any way that hurts quality sports discussion from starting. Differing viewpoints are welcome, as are arguments and heated discussion. Sorry we have SOME rules, but this site is VERY open and unrestricting.


I agree. You've made your point. None of us are happy (at least I hope not) about the site's activity. There is NO point in harping on about it. It's clear, I don't deny it. If you truly want to turn it around, start by having a positive attitude and posting regularly. Threads like this DETER new members. And some of you b1tch about lack of activity when in fact your b1tching is a big reason why there's not more activity. If a group of us get together, talk about sports, talk about light-hearted Lounge topics, just move on from this harping, THAT is going to be what plants the seed for new members to see an active place and want to join in. Put yourself in the shoes of a new members. This site is established, but needs current activity, so all we have to do is create that. The job is a lot easier than starting from scratch.
While there's quite a bit that I could counter here, & with proof, I'll just let it ride. Not worth it to me.

Well, there is 1 thing....


Quote:
And by the way, other than you and buckeye (and mush, who is the third wheel in your little gang), I have good relationships with regular posters. In fact, I've had former posters say they won't post due to you all.
The 'gang' comment is baffling but let's leave that one alone. It's the comment about former posters not wanting to be here "due" to me.

Names would probably help in understanding that one. If you can supply them, I'll probably 'see the light' & 'fall on my own sword' to help SC out. Unless of course you're about to save me the trouble...
__________________
Tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:46 AM   #4446
Marc
Administrator
 
Marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lake Wylie, SC
Posts: 26,428
Marc will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarkus View Post
If you can supply them, I'll probably 'see the light' & 'fall on my own sword' to help SC out. Unless of course you're about to save me the trouble...
That won't help SC out. And why insinuate I am going to ban you? I've never banned someone unless they flagrantly and repeatedly break the rules. You and I have our differences, but c'mon...
__________________
Marc James - SCMB Administrator | Sports Central Managing Editor & Founder
Teams: [Kentucky Wildcats] [Green Bay Packers] [Charlotte Hornets]
Follow on Twitter: @mnjames | @sportcentral
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:20 PM   #4447
themush
Banned
 
themush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 8,839
themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about
Default



Did I just read the f'word in Marc's post?

Hot damn when did the training wheels come off? Did anyone get any pics?

And why do I gotta be 3rd? Age before beauty I guess????

Seriously thanks for giving us a chance to show that we can be adults (sans Buck of course)
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:04 PM   #4448
Marc
Administrator
 
Marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lake Wylie, SC
Posts: 26,428
Marc will become famous soon enough
Default

I'm going to hookup with a 39-year-old cougar tonight.

Will bring my weekend in with a BANG, literally and figuratively.
__________________
Marc James - SCMB Administrator | Sports Central Managing Editor & Founder
Teams: [Kentucky Wildcats] [Green Bay Packers] [Charlotte Hornets]
Follow on Twitter: @mnjames | @sportcentral
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 06:44 PM   #4449
themush
Banned
 
themush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 8,839
themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about
Default

Hope you know what you are getting into kid.
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:18 PM   #4450
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker
 
Tarkus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In The Wind...
Posts: 11,856
Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about
Default

.................
__________________

Last edited by Tarkus; 07-11-2009 at 12:14 AM.
Tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:37 PM   #4451
ghostofSC
All-Star Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 205
ghostofSC is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
I'm going to hookup with a 39-year-old cougar tonight.

Will bring my weekend in with a BANG, literally and figuratively.
That's the kind of high-quality, classy post that can raise a ghost of the dead.

You cougar-fucking, cock-sucking, monkey-shitting, semen-spitting, ass-smashing, rectum-bashing, gender-switching, son of a bitch.
ghostofSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:38 PM   #4452
ghostofSC
All-Star Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 205
ghostofSC is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofSC View Post
That's the kind of high-quality, classy post that can raise a ghost of the dead.

You cougar-fucking, cock-sucking, monkey-shitting, semen-spitting, ass-smashing, rectum-bashing, gender-switching, son of a bitch.
Cursing not as fun as advertised. If anyone needs me, I'll be back on my summer sabbatical.
ghostofSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:18 PM   #4453
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker
 
Tarkus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In The Wind...
Posts: 11,856
Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
That won't help SC out. And why insinuate I am going to ban you? I've never banned someone unless they flagrantly and repeatedly break the rules. You and I have our differences, but c'mon...
If you're gonna make vague accusations, best not to post at all then. You feel offended at my take of your "life's work" & I'm baffled by your blaming everything on the members & categorizing my thread/posts in 5 years as a flurry here & there & insinuating that I've run off members.

Banning? Not worried about it but it's your sandbox & your interpretations.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarkus View Post
.................
Now this was an interesting post.

But I decided since this site's volunteer Fire Dept. is no more....


Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofSC View Post
That's the kind of high-quality, classy post that can raise a ghost of the dead.

You cougar-fucking, cock-sucking, monkey-shitting, semen-spitting, ass-smashing, rectum-bashing, gender-switching, son of a bitch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofSC View Post
Cursing not as fun as advertised. If anyone needs me, I'll be back on my summer sabbatical.
:lol::lol::lol:

You, I'm gonna miss, ghost...
__________________
Tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:30 PM   #4454
themush
Banned
 
themush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 8,839
themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about
Default

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwnuO...eature=related
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:14 PM   #4455
themush
Banned
 
themush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 8,839
themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about
Default

If you fart in an empty message board does it smell?
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SC Newsfeed: An American's Sports Odyssey Into Soccer Marc Latest Sports Central Headlines 0 10-01-2007 06:22 PM
Won't be posting much Kornbix The Lounge 9 11-29-2003 01:05 PM
Increased Posting on the Boards...? air_canada Site Feedback 24 05-28-2002 09:12 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:46 AM.