Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

View Poll Results: Which team should play for the title if they both finish with one loss?
USC 5 38.46%
LSU 8 61.54%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2003, 07:10 PM   #1
Skinswin
Grizzled Veteran

Skinswin is on a distinguished road
Default LSU or USC

LSU if they beat Georgia will have strength of schedule and they will have been robbed if they do not get a chance at the title
Skinswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 10:23 PM   #2
NickHammy
Sports Virtuoso

NickHammy is on a distinguished road

I personally think LSU would give Oklahoma a tougher game but if you lose a game you are always vulnerable for getting left out.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:31 AM   #3
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough

LSU all the way.
Old 12-02-2003, 10:00 PM   #4
h0kies4life87
Grizzled Veteran

h0kies4life87 is on a distinguished road

LSU
Tennessee Titans
h0kies4life87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 12:02 PM   #5
Bama_AL
Grizzled Veteran

Bama_AL is on a distinguished road

LSU
Bama_AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 04:18 PM   #6
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

USC. IMO they can give Oklahoma the best game and actually have a chance at beating them. I don't think LSU is going to beat Georgia anyway.

For those that don't know- LSU beating Georgia would actually "hurt" them somewhat. They wouldn't get as much of a bonus for beating them eariler in the season as they would if they hadn't played each other.
Old 12-04-2003, 05:06 PM   #7
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

Southern California...

I think Southern California is speed-wise the better team, and has the offense to exchange bullets with the OU offense.

At this point, I'm rooting losses for everybody this weekend, and a Southern Cal-Oklahoma matcup in the Sugar won by Southern Cal... leaving the AP writers uncertain about their votes, and likely sending their first place votes all over the frickin' place.

Dave
Old 12-04-2003, 05:34 PM   #8
NickHammy
Sports Virtuoso

NickHammy is on a distinguished road

Well if EVERYONE loses this weekend then Oklahoma should still be the unanimous #1 since they will be the only 1 loss team. In that case we will likely see that team up north going to New Orleans :pukes:

If LSU beats Georgia, then LSU loses their quality win bonus from their earlier victory over the Dawgs b/c Georgia will fall out of the top 10. They bascially need to become Beaver fans for a week.
Old 12-04-2003, 07:43 PM   #9
Aristides
All-Star Player

Aristides is on a distinguished road

If USC actually played in a decent conference, Big10, SEC then we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

LSU EVEN IF THEY LOSE TO GEORGIA!

Maybe I'll get lucky and USC drops their game, LSU gets beat and UM sneaks in. But Georgia would probably jump UM in the BCS so I'm hoping for USC to get beat and play UM in the Rose.
Aristides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 08:06 PM   #10
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

I wish you folks made sense when you proclaimed the PAC 10 mediocre. You just sound whiny and envious that the Big 10 choked away its shots of proving itself...

Dave
Old 12-04-2003, 09:55 PM   #11
Aristides
All-Star Player

Proving itself? WTF is that supposed to mean? HAVE YOU WATCHED ANY GAMES OR KEPT UP WITH THE RANKINGS AND RECORDS AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAC 10- Has 2 ranked teams at #2 and #15 both. Combined they have 1 win over a Top 25. Guess what...........it's USC over WSU. Let's see what else is so great about the PAC 10. They have 5 teams above .500 and 2 at .500. WOW THATS IMPRESSIVE!!! Damn they are good !!!

BIG 10 - Has FIVE ranked teams at #4, #8, #11, #12 and #25. 7 teams above .500 and one at .500.

It's down right AMAZING to me that someone actually thinks the PAC 10 is anything better than a mediocre conference.

BIG 10 choked away it's shots of proving itself?????? Again, get a television and read a newspaper. The Big 10 brought a title home last year and has 5 teams in the top 25, 4 in the top 15. 7 are difinitely going bowling and maybe a 6-6 NU.

There, did I make sense? Was I clear on why I think the PAC 10 SUCKS and is the worst major conference in the nation....

LIKE I SAID..........put USC in the Big 10 this year and they have at least 2 loses if not 3. But since they play in a MEDIOCRE conference they have a chance to go to the title game even tho LSU has had a much harder schedule.

Christ I hope the Beavers beat their ass and end this whole mess......................
Old 12-04-2003, 10:22 PM   #12
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

Ari, you sound bitter about your Wolvies having had their asses handed to them in their helmets by the Duckies.

I am perfectly aware of records and schedules and the such, and I will happily tell you that Wisconsin and Minnesota have been overrated all year. OSU was overrated all year, though I'm sure such a remark will bring Ricky back to life. Northwestern, aside from eking out the bare minimum of wins, is completely undeserving of a bowl. Pointing them out merely notes the mockery that is the current bowl system.

Dave
Old 12-04-2003, 10:48 PM   #13
Aristides
All-Star Player

Smartass remark you had about the Ducks.......

"had their asses handed to them in their helmets by the Duckies."

guess you didn't watch that game huh? Yeah, losing at Oregon by 4 points in a piss poor special teams performance is really having their asses handed to them.

That overrated Wisconsin team beat your Mountaineers @ WV. With the exception of UNLV, which was a complete breakdown, the other 4 losses were against Purdue, Minnesota, Iowa, all within a TD and @ NW. They ain't ranked by I wouldn't be surprised if they upset a team in a bowl game.

Minnesota, played a weak schedule but almost beat UM and MSU. Both losses by a total of 9 points.

Wait till the bowl games I guess and wagering that the PAC-10 has the least amount of wins after its all said and done.
Old 12-06-2003, 12:26 AM   #14
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Richard the Lionheart will become famous soon enoughRichard the Lionheart will become famous soon enough

I'd rather see the Mac champ play Oklahoma before USC. Heck, Miami of Ohio's schedule was tougher!
Old 12-07-2003, 10:25 AM   #15
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

Sometimes, Ricky, exaggeration is a useful to in making a point. And sometimes, it just makes you look uninformed.

Dave