Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 07-01-2010, 06:36 PM   #1
NAR(cotics)
SC's Most Opinionated!

NAR(cotics) is on a distinguished road
Default Oh Mister Vick...will you never learn?

Police: Vick not ruled out as suspect in shooting - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

My only championship this year....college soccer. :thumbdown:
NAR(cotics) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #2
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

The more I keep hearing about this latest incident the more I think Vick's playing career may be over.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:11 PM   #3
NAR(cotics)
SC's Most Opinionated!

I'm wondering could Vick have done it? Or maybe have ordered it happen? That was the boy who gave all the information to the Feds and screwed Vick over and sent him to jail. Why wouldn't Vick want him dead? Vicks party, Vick left and went that direction. Why not suspect Vick?

Pacman Jones part 2, but unless Vick is charged he'll still play, weather there is another suspension or not, that's up to Roger.

Old 07-02-2010, 03:01 AM   #4
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Why not suspect Vick?

Because a timed surveillance camera shows him leaving the scene four minutes before the shots rang out (3 minutes and 55 seconds, to be exact) - and while four minutes before is not the 10 or 12 minutes before his lawyer is claiming, four minutes before is still before.

But from an Eagle fan's perspective, this is all we need: If Kevin Kolb either gets injured playing behind a shaky offensive line or turns out to be the second coming of Bobby Hoying - which more than a few people are actually counting on - who do they turn to if Vick is out of the picture?

The 2008 Detroit Lions might not long stand alone, if you get where I'm coming from.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:30 AM   #5
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Why not suspect Vick?

Because a timed surveillance camera shows him leaving the scene four minutes before the shots rang out (3 minutes and 55 seconds, to be exact) - and while four minutes before is not the 10 or 12 minutes before his lawyer is claiming, four minutes before is still before.
If I am not mistaken Vick's initial story was that he left a good 30 minutes before the incident happened. The reason to suspect him is we have been down this road with him before where he lied about the whole dog fighting thing only to find out he was complicit.

Quote:
But from an Eagle fan's perspective, this is all we need: If Kevin Kolb either gets injured playing behind a shaky offensive line or turns out to be the second coming of Bobby Hoying - which more than a few people are actually counting on - who do they turn to if Vick is out of the picture?
JaMarcus Russell? Mark Brunell is making the rounds maybe they can grab him before someone else does.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:34 PM   #6
NAR(cotics)
SC's Most Opinionated!

Quote:
Why not suspect Vick?

Hold up, hold up. Here is the issue, this is why Vick while not formally named is a suspect.

He lied about when he left, and so did his lawyer. He's lied before and so has his lawyer, he was guilty last time, yes we all know that. But this is why I am concerned.

He left 4 minutes before the shooting was phoned in. Phoned in, means the shooting could have happened before that right? How long before depends on many situations, I'm not saying it happened four minutes before but maybe a minute or two.

Also, the shooting was NOT at the bar, the way I understand it so far from listening to ESPN and reading the Yahoo article the shooting was down the road.

The quote from the article is something along the lines of "surveillance tapes show Mister Vick leaving and heading in THE DIRECTION OF THE SHOOTING"

All right, so Vick either went past the shooting, or he was there.

Why is he not the prime suspect when the guy getting shot gave him up and pretty much ruined his life? The evidence is circumstantial at best right now, BUT IT IS THERE!

Old 07-03-2010, 02:29 AM   #7
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublee View Post
If I am not mistaken Vick's initial story was that he left a good 30 minutes before the incident happened. The reason to suspect him is we have been down this road with him before where he lied about the whole dog fighting thing only to find out he was complicit.

But so long as he left the scene at any time before the shots were fired - even one minute - and can prove it, as those cameras strongly suggest he can, then he has an ironclad alibi.

Even so, he may have violated the terms of his probation/parole (he should have moved to Utah so he could hang around with only Mormons!), in which case he'll get returned to federal prison, rendering any suspension from the commissioner's office moot - as well it should be.

Quote:
JaMarcus Russell? Mark Brunell is making the rounds maybe they can grab him before someone else does.

Russell I wouldn't mind - he could also double as a short-yardage/goal-line running back! - but Brunell? He can remember when martial arts meant kung fu, when Exxon was still Esso, I could go on and on.

And for some reason I'm not buying the revenge theory, NAR; to me at least, Vick seems like the type that if he would blame anybody else for his plight, it would be "The Man," not one of his erstwhile accomplices.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:28 AM   #8
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Can't feel sorry for him when he continually puts himself in bad situations with bad people. Didn't have much of an impactful playing career left to begin with.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:03 AM   #9
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

Quote:
But so long as he left the scene at any time before the shots were fired - even one minute - and can prove it, as those cameras strongly suggest he can, then he has an ironclad alibi.
That is really not the point though. The point is he initially lied about when he left. If he felt the need to lie about it then suspicious minds are going to want to know what he was covering up.

Quote:
Russell I wouldn't mind - he could also double as a short-yardage/goal-line running back! - but Brunell? He can remember when martial arts meant kung fu, when Exxon was still Esso, I could go on and on.
I wouldn't necessarily mind them taking on Russell either simply because a fresh start with a team that is not as dysfunctional as the Raiders are could be all he needs to get his career back on track. The only problem is he does not strike me as a guy who would be able to master Reid's offense to the point where he would be able start and win many games in only a couple of months.

Yeah Brunell is old, but to be honest it is pretty slim pickings in terms of veteran QBs still on the market and he has at least shown an ability in the past to win games. The only other options are guys like Josh McCown, Brian St. Pierre, and Patrick Ramsey.

I guess they could try and bring Daunte Culpepper in for a look but he was never a guy that was adept at mastering offenses either. He has always been more of a drop back, let it fly, and hope for the best kind of passer.

Quote:
And for some reason I'm not buying the revenge theory, NAR; to me at least, Vick seems like the type that if he would blame anybody else for his plight, it would be "The Man," not one of his erstwhile accomplices.
I heard there is actually footage showing Phillips harrassing Vick's fiance at the party. I do not know if that is true or not though.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:49 AM   #10
NAR(cotics)
SC's Most Opinionated!

Quote:
The waiting car with Vick inside pulled away at about 2:07 a.m. heading in the direction of the eventual shooting.
The shooting was down the road. If Vick left four minutes prior to the shooting, and the shooting happened down the road from the club, and Vick headed in the direction of the shooting. Doesnt his OWN ALIBI place him right at the scene of the crime? Is anyone listening to me?

Old 07-16-2010, 02:46 AM   #11
Anthony

Well, maybe it's foreordained: Vick gets suspended, Kolb rips up his ACL in the third preseason game, and the Eagles score 98 points all year en route to an 0-16 season.

Then they'll have the chance to go 0-18 next year.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:17 PM   #12
NAR(cotics)
SC's Most Opinionated!

Intresting news, Kevin Kolb is Vick's biggest supporter. Why would the guy who is fighting for your starting job, your best friend?

Old 07-16-2010, 01:53 PM   #13
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

That is just it though, Vick has zero shot at being the starting QB unless Kolb gets hurt. The Eagles have already gone on record Kolb is the starter.

Reid has too much riding on Kolb being a success this year so Kolb is going to be given every chance possible to succeed. They consciously built the team with quick receivers who run well after the catch with the idea that Kolb was going to be starting sooner rather than later.

Unless Kolb gets injured or is the next coming of JaMarcus Russell Vick is not going to start next season.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:03 PM   #14
NAR(cotics)
SC's Most Opinionated!

I want to see Vick under center again. Vick was a great QB and he deserves his 2nd chance to lead a team to a superbowl.

Nothing against Kolb I just like Vick more. ESPN seems to think there is some sort of QB Competition in Philly.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:59 AM   #15
Anthony

Ah, but you don't know Philly fans, NAR - and you should know better, doublee: As soon as Kolb throws three interceptions in a row, or allows a TD on one, as he has been known to do, the "We Want Vick" chants throughout the Delaware Valley will be deafening.

Then we'll see how long the Kolb-Vick "friendship" lasts.