Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 10-06-2008, 10:27 PM   #1
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough
Default Week 5

So the Giants and Titans remain the only two undefeateds. The Giants won emphatically, 44-6, over Seattle. The defending champs are not getting much hype at all, and are somehow quietly continuing to play great.

Surprising to see Miami beat the Chargers. Miami nearly went winless last year! Carolina destroyed K.C., 34-0, and is another one of the upper-tier teams now. As is Washington, who is playing great at 4-1 behind the steady and improving play of Jason Campbell.

But Indy's 21 points in less than a minute has to be the story of Week 5. Wow!!!

Kind of surprising to see Buffalo get dominated by Arizona, a team who was crushed the week before. The Bills are still a surprising 4-1, but lost Trent Edwards.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:50 AM   #2
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

No one watches the NFL or has any comments?
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:11 PM   #3
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

HibachiDG is on a distinguished road

I really like Washington. I think they and the Giants are the best two teams in the NFC. Washington is 4-1 and has played the Giants, Eagles, Cowboys on the road already. Jason Campbell is an underrated QB that is good at managing a game and can make big plays when needed. Clinton Portis has been one of the most consistent running backs last year and the first five games of this year.
HibachiDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:14 PM   #4
Montrovant
Hatecarver

Montrovant is on a distinguished road

I'm still iffy on Carolina. They have been so hard to gauge in recent years. I think they are likely playoff-bound, but that's as far as I'm willing to predict

I have become a Washington believer. They are a team with a good defense, good running game, and a QB who avoids too many big mistakes. If they could improve the passing game just a bit, they would be truly scary in the NFC.

The NFC appears to be the better conference this season. Other than the Titans (and even then, I find myself shocked that I'm saying Titans when discussing the best of the AFC :lol which teams in the AFC are truly good? Buffalo? They got blown up by Arizona, after barely winning a few of their games. Pittsburgh? Definitely a good team, but just how good? Denver? They lost to KC and barely edged out a few teams in shoot-out games. The NFC just looks more solid now.

My poor Niners can't seem to get over the hump from mediocrity to respectability.
Montrovant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:31 PM   #5
ghostofSC
All-Star Player

ghostofSC is on a distinguished road

Anthony thinks Philadelphia sucks until they get some good receivers.
ghostofSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:57 AM   #6
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

HibachiDG is on a distinguished road

Some things never change...
HibachiDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:12 AM   #7
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofSC View Post
Anthony thinks Philadelphia sucks until they get some good receivers.

The Eagles now have a great receiver - DeSean Jackson.

What they do need is a genuine "big back" in the Brandon Jacobs mold, and bigger defensive tackles. They have become a finesse team on both sides of the ball.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote