Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Miscellaneous Sports Discussion > Other Sports Blitz > Hockey

Old 01-03-2008, 09:37 PM   #16
Islanders19
Grizzled Veteran

Islanders19 is on a distinguished road

I really enjoyed it. I think they are already planning one for next year in a different city.
Islanders19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:50 AM   #17
Sportsaholic
Rookie Player

Sportsaholic is on a distinguished road

I am a Lightning, Islanders, and Canucks fan. Nothing too great this season but there is always next season. Who would have thought that the Lightning would be at last place in the East?
Sportsaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:57 PM   #18
Montrovant
Hatecarver

Montrovant is on a distinguished road

So disappointed in the Isles this year....they had a great start, but then it all went downhill

Still, I've got the Wings to cheer about at least
Montrovant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:46 PM   #19
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

It's been so hard to be passionate about the Blackhawks while Dollar Bill Wirtz choked it all out but they looked like they were going to turn the corner after he passed. But after a decent start, back to the same old, same old...
Old 02-11-2008, 04:16 PM   #20
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Florida Panthers forward Richard Zednik required lifesaving surgery after severing his carotid artery, his agent told The Associated Press on Monday.

Zednik was listed in stable condition in the intensive care unit at Buffalo General Hospital, and will continue to be evaluated through the day, attending surgeon Sonya Noor said in a statement released by the hospital.

Zednik had surgery Sunday night after losing a significant amount of blood during the game at Buffalo earlier in the day, agent David Schatia said.

Zednik was sliced across the right side of the throat by teammate Olli Jokinen's skate in a frightening accident midway through the third period of Buffalo's 5-3 victory.

-AP

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3240651

Holy crap.
There's a video on the link I provided but, I can't convince myself to watch it.
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:17 PM   #21
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Yea, he almost bled out getting back to the bench. He had to be scared ****less. The vids not bad tho. Of course the blood trail on the ice looked like a take on the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Reminds me back a 1000 years ago or so, when Pat Stapleton, a defenseman for the 'Hawks, went down & was slashed across the face by a skate. That was a grizzly one too. Not as horrific but a lot of blood tho.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:19 PM   #22
themush
Banned

The docs said the fact he was able to skate back to the bench saved his life. Had he stayed on the ice he would have bled out!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 06:24 PM   #23
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Yea, he definitely knew he had to get to help. Just a shot of that blood on the ice makes it obvious he was more than 'a quart low'.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:38 PM   #24
themush
Banned

Big, future-deciding meeting Monday for the Lightning
Monday, February 25, 2008

Today could be a turning point in Lightning history. We just don't know which direction things might turn.

Incoming owner Oren Koules will hold a meeting Monday with all of the key Lightning figures -- from GM Jay Feaster to personnel figurs to head coach John Tortorella -- where the future of the franchise will be set forth.

The St. Pete Times Times reports that the proverbial breaking up of the team is possible.

And Brad Richards, whose fate might just portend which approach Koules will take, had some ominous words Monday for Bolts fans.

When reached by tbo.com before playing in a golf tournament, Richards had this to say about the ownership change:"They’ve kept this very professional under the circumstances. Unfortunately, the right people built this organization the way it should’ve been, and it’s getting torn apart. And it’s not all by their doing. A lot of outside influences. So, it’s unfortunate to see that happening, but we’ll see. You never know."

Now I'm not exactly a hockey fan but, the sale of the team to Oren Koules hasn't been approved yet, so how can this guy make these decisions?
Old 02-25-2008, 06:45 PM   #25
StealthElephant
Grizzled Veteran

StealthElephant is on a distinguished road

Forsberg is back with the Avs today, just signed.

My Flyers are going for a franchise record 11th straight loss tonight.
StealthElephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:04 PM   #26
themush
Banned

Tampa Bay gets GK Smith, Fs Halpern and Jokinen in return;
Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The captain has been shipped away.

Brad Richards was traded Tuesday to the Dallas Stars along with Johan Holmqvist in exchange for goaltender Mike Smith, veteran center Jeff Halpern and another forward, Jussi Jokinen.

WDAE had the news first thing Tuesday of a report by Ross McKeon of Yahoo! Sports. The first report of the deal did not include Holmqvist, and had defenseman Mark Fistric coming from Dallas as opposed to Jokinen.

General Manager Jay Feaster, who in a press release called trading Richards "one of the most difficult moves I have made as manager of this hockey club,"

MF"er. I'm done watching the Ning or going to anymore games.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:34 PM   #27
StealthElephant
Grizzled Veteran

StealthElephant is on a distinguished road

Pens got Hossa, god I hate the pens.

Fedorov got traded to Caps

Brian Campbell went to Sharks (pipe dream of a hope my Flyers could possibly get him)

Good news my Flyers avoided a franchise record 11th straight loss beating Buffalo last night in a shootout.
StealthElephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:58 PM   #28
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Wow... Bruins got WORKED tonight. Gave up 6 goals in the 1st period! Final was 10-2.... yikes....
Old 04-07-2008, 08:23 AM   #29
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

'Hawks come up short but at least there's finally some good things to look forward to next year...

*sigh*
Old 04-09-2008, 03:31 PM   #30
Shanahan1408
Banned

Shanahan1408 is on a distinguished road

who else is stoked for the playoffs???
Lets Go Rangers!!!
Shanahan1408 is offline   Reply With Quote