Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 10-03-2005, 03:33 PM   #1
Pimpbot
U.K. Expat

Pimpbot is on a distinguished road
Default LaVar Arrington. Bit part player.

LaVar Arrington played just 4 downs yesterday in the win against the Seahawks. He barely played in the win over Dallas two weeks previous. Is his knee still bothering him? He signed a big deal last year, but it would appear that one of the top rated defenses doesn't need him.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:53 PM   #2
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

If I am not mistaken I believe he did miss most of camp this summer recovering from surgery. I kind of get the sense that Gibbs is not overly enamored with Arrington.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 09:27 PM   #3
Pimpbot
U.K. Expat

Yet he was mentioned by Gibbs as one of his core players when he took the job two years ago.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:31 PM   #4
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

They mentioned LaVar on PTI today. I don't think it's injuries. The PTI guys even said the Redskins have used a smear campaign against him because they don't like his attitude or whatever. Regardless, he's a Pro Bowl-caliber guy and it's awful he isn't being utilized. They should trade him for a QB prospect.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:46 PM   #5
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

They talked about Arrington the other day on NFL Coutdown and said that Lavar claims he is only on one of the 'Skins 22 different defensive packages and that the 'Skins can't trade him this year as they will take a 12 million dollar hit against the cap if they do. I think they have to wait until next summer before making a move that won't count so much against the cap. Trading him for a QB prospect is kind of pointless seeing as they just drafted and invested a bunch of money in Jason Campbell. They need to see what Campbell is going to do for them before bringing in another QB.

As it stands right now, I don't know that they would get much more than a fourth or fifth round pick for him.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:01 PM   #6
NY Jay 05
East Coaster

NY Jay 05 is on a distinguished road

What a wasted player, just sitting on the sideline. I would play him and put the attitude aside for now, they could use the wins.

2005 NFL Pick 'Em Champion
NY Jay 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:12 PM   #7
Titans100
Vince Young ROY

Titans100 is on a distinguished road

The problem that was being talked about with Arrington this morning on ESPN's radio show: Mike and Mike in the morning is that Arrington, undoubtly a great linebacker, does his own thing on a field. He makes great plays but yet he is out of position so many times that he causes more big plays then he takes away.

This is going to end up being like the situation in Tampa Bay 2 years ago with Keyshawn Johnson. Arrington won't get benched but he will play a little bit and then be sent off to another team. The exact qoute someone mentioned this morning is that the Redskins defense is playing terrific without him and he would just throw a big wrench into the situation if he were to come back and play full time.
Titans100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 06:34 PM   #8
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

The coaching staff blasts Arrington in the following article basically saying he isn't playing because he loafs in practice and that he mixes one great play with several mediocre to bad plays.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4978366
Old 10-14-2005, 12:17 AM   #9
Pimpbot
U.K. Expat

Don Banks ripped Arrington in a recent article on cnnsi, saying that the coaches have called his bluff. Seems LaVar, while gifted physically is more of a myth than legend.