Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Basketball

Old 11-15-2006, 11:54 PM   #46
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

My guess is Lawson will end up in the starting lineup by the end of the year as he is really the only true PG they have aside from Quentin Thomas and his up style of play fits Roy's up tempo style a lot better. Lawson was instrumental in leading them back against Winthrop tonight. Once he works his way into the lineup he will have plenty of opportunity to show his wares.

However, I doubt he leaves early as NBA teams seem a bit wary of drafting unseasoned PGs and have always tended to go for PGs who have started at the college level for two or three seasons.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:03 AM   #47
da12ken
Fast Food Brother #1

da12ken will become famous soon enough

OJ Mayo signed his letter of intent for USC last week. That was pretty special.

Follow all my idiot thoughts from the comfort of your computer.
da12ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:38 PM   #48
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

tobynosker is on a distinguished road

On Saturday, the community college basketball team I cover is going to be playing Butler County Community College out of El Dorado, Kansas in Conference play.

Butler County's leading scorer is Tyree Evans, the 2003-2004 high school player of the year in the state of Virginia. Evans is the number three all-time leading scorer in Virginia High School history, trailing only Allen Iverson and Moses Malone.

Evans originally signed to play collegiate basketball at Cincinnati when Bob Huggins was still the basketball coach of the Bearcats, but was soon charged with statutory rape for an incident that occured in Massachusetts.

Evans was dropped from Cincinnati, and is now playing his freshman season of college basketball at Butler County Community College.

Evans ran into some problems once again, with current Butler coach and former Wichita State head men's basketball coach Randy Smithson removing Evans from the team (he has played in thirteen of their twenty games this season).

But, Smithson has announced that Evans has been allowed to rejoin the team.

Evans is averaging 17.5 points per game, but only has thirty-five rebounds, just seven assists and has accumulated thirty-two turnovers this season.

Yet, he is getting looked at again by coach Huggins now at Kansas State, as well as major universities like Kansas and Maryland.
tobynosker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:24 AM   #49
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

Kansas State recruit Michael Beasley played a prep game at Bramlage Coliseum in Manhattan over the weekend. Beasley scored 22 points in the first twenty minutes, and the Kansas City Star's Jason Whitlock compared him to Glenn Robinson and even Carmelo Anthony.

Following the game, Beasley told reporters that he plans to attend Kansas State University for four-years and that he wants "to be a student-athlete, not an athletic student."

But like Whitlock says in his article today in the Star, "The kid just has too much talent to avoid the goodies NBA teams and agents will dangle in front of him."
Old 02-28-2007, 12:04 AM   #50
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Don't they all say they are planning on staying for 4 years when they are being recruited though? Oden was saying the same thing this time last year and now he seems somewhat non-commital about coming back after this season.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:32 PM   #51
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublee
Oden was saying the same thing this time last year and now he seems somewhat non-commital about coming back after this season.
But Oden is potentially the number one overall pick in the NBA draft, and I don't think anybody thought for a second he would be around for more than one year.

Beasley might not even be the best player on his team next year...
Old 03-01-2007, 06:46 PM   #52
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

The only two unsigned McDonald's All-Americans this year happen to be recruited by Kentucky, Patrick Patterson (6-8) and Jai Lucas (5-10), son of former NBA player John Lucas. Jai was at Kentucky's Senior Night last night and they chanted his name. They are driving us fans crazy in their wavering; I wish they would get it over with. I think Tubby's job and the future of our program depend on them. Returning everyone and their additions make UK a title contender in '08; losing Morris and others and losing them and a Tubby exit it probable, as the cupboard is pretty bear.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote