Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > Site Feedback

Old 07-15-2007, 05:34 PM   #1
Dano
Everybody Wang Chung...

Dano will become famous soon enough
Default Answer me this Marc

At other sites (message boards) the main worry is in fact worrying like hell on what one says with the fact of being ban from the site. This is the 1st place that I have been that seems that isn't a issue. The other thing that I"ve notice is labels on people or lack there of. You are the only one since I've become a member, that I have notice that wears a label. If this were my site, I would too. But if they are a staff, and I would think there has to be, Nobody crams it in your face like they do other places. That to me is a breath of fresh air. Whenever the title of "World Moderator" is plastered beneath one's avatar, you tend to keep your distance and watch what you say. Never taking your eyes off of him. Do I now sound like a profession convict? LOL

My question to you sir, is there in fact Moderators in here, and if so, how many do you have on staff? I don't need to know the names, Just the facts maam.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:17 PM   #2
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

If you were just looking for a quick answer, Dano, I'll oblige so you don't have to wait for Marc's return...

At the bottom right of each forum, you'll see the Mods names & which forums they handle. They oversee all the forums but the forums where they're noted are their own interests. Catman, Doublee, Anthony, & Montrovant are the Mods on board. (Hope I didn't miss anyone...) If I'm not mistaken, the only one without a 'moderator' tag under their name is Montrovant...

The SC Mods are just regular folk unless they're forced to be otherwise. For the most part, SCers are expected to handle themselves without needing supervision & unless things get out of hand, do a decent job learning to get along...

As far as banning, it's a last resort which some choose to bring on themselves while others have no need to worry. You can debate with a Mod all day long without fear of reprisal as long as you're not trying to burn 'em at the stake...

I'm sure Marc'll add anything I've missed...
Old 07-18-2007, 01:28 PM   #3
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Actually, all moderators have their names in their posts italicized, and as the admin, mine is a different color. This is to make it clear who is a moderator and recognize their status. But like you said, this is subtle and hopefully not intimidating to users.

You can view the mods here: https://www.sports-central.org/commu...showgroups.php
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:20 PM   #4
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

tobynosker is on a distinguished road

I noticed that Nate is our Chief Advisor (whatever the hell that means), and I, for the life of me, couldn't figure out who this Nate character was.

Through a little investigation, I discover this guy averages over four posts per day, yet I have been here two years and have hardly seen him around (besides in pick 'em threads).

Where are you, Nate?
tobynosker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:55 PM   #5
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

...who only appears when needed...
Old 07-20-2007, 09:14 PM   #6
Ellis
gymnopedist

Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about

Nate is the SC consigliere...

He used to post a lot a few years back. Great guy. You still see him around from time to time.
Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:12 PM   #7
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Great way of putting it. Nate has known me online longer than anyone else and he was involved in SC's earlier stages, including designing the site and SCMB several times. Lately, he's been MIA, but I see him online occasionally. As far as I know, Nate still works in the sporting department at a South Bend-area Wal-Mart (yes, I've given him a hard time over this ). He tends to pop in during football season and participates in the pick 'ems and fantasy leagues.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote