Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Miscellaneous Sports Discussion > Other Sports Blitz > Hockey

Old 07-05-2007, 10:32 PM   #1
jhuerbin88
Sports guy

jhuerbin88 is on a distinguished road
Default (Nashville?) Predators

Well, it happened a while back, but Jim Balsillie (the same guy who tried to buy the Penguins) wanted to buy the Predators and most likely move them to Ontario.

Now, I understand that Nashville might not be the best city for an ice hockey team, but I'd hate to see a team leave. I say this because I know that even though there might only be 10,000 or so fans in the city of Nashville, I'm sure there are some die-hards out there that would just be devastated if their team left.

And to be sold to Balsillie...Wow. This guy is a con. I don't even know how to explain it, but I'm so glad that Lemieux didn't sell to this guy. The Penguins would be in Kansas City, if not Ontario, right now if this guy was the owner.

But back to Nashville...The Predators are one of the best hockey teams in the league and they are having a tough time bringing in 14,000 people to games that more often than not they'll win; they have a hard time selling out during the playoffs. It's a real shame to see a team with such talent get unnoticed by the city.

Then about a week ago, Craig Leipold (Predators owner) announced that he would not sell to Balsillie. And now there is another group of buyers that would like to buy the team to keep them in Nashville.

Crazy things in Nashville right now.