Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Miscellaneous Sports Discussion > Other Sports Blitz > Tennis

Old 01-17-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
yoctoinc
Rookie Player

yoctoinc is on a distinguished road
Default Your Favorite Tennis Racquet

I was looking for the best tennis racquet until i found babolat aero pro drive cortex

that becomes my favorite
which one is yours

Last edited by Marc; 01-17-2011 at 02:19 PM.
yoctoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:20 PM   #2
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Hey spammer,

I like Prince and Wilson racquets. Not sure which model Prince I have. What about everyone else? I can't wait to play again, need to teach my girlfriend...
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:01 PM   #3
Mertov
All-Star Player

Mertov is on a distinguished road

I have used Wilson for many many years.. Last one is Wilson K-Zen. I prefer stiff rackets. Since I don't play much anymore I would probably pick up another Wilson from the current models whenever I get back into it again.

I find Babolat rackets to be fairly good for baseline players, but for players who use variety I would recommend Prince or Wilson models.

Mert
Mertov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:19 AM   #4
Angus Saul
Angus Saul

Angus Saul is on a distinguished road
As a junior, I played with dunlops and slazengers, but as I got a little older I picked up some of the Wilson range and have played with them for a few years now.

I now play with the Babolat Pure Drive Roddick GT, which suits my game perfectly; long baseline rallies, a big first serve and a high kicking topspin second.

The more you progress as a player, the heavier a racquet you should play with - you get more power and control, but you need to be able to weild it for extended periods without your arm falling off.

Pros tend to play with racquets weighing in around 380g, or even heavier. The Pure Drive Roddick is 315g, but you can get heavier amateur racquets that go to around 332g such as the Wilson K Staff.

A racquet should suit a player's game, and occasionally the pros change their racquet make - Djokovic made the move from Wilson to Head, and he's really reaped rewards, though it took a little longer than he might have hoped.

But to answer your question, my favourite is the Pure Drive Roddick GT
Angus Saul is offline   Reply With Quote