Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Miscellaneous Sports Discussion > Other Sports Blitz > Hockey

Old 01-17-2004, 06:47 AM   #1
Bran
Sports Virtuoso

Bran is on a distinguished road
Default Rick Nash

Can somebody tell me how he leads the league with 27 goals? There was no question that Nash would turn out to be a good player, but this early? It's pretty outstanding if you ask me, the only thing I question though is when I look his other numbers. He only has five assists, and I can understand that because of the lack of talent around him. He is -13, but once again you can make the case for the lack of talent he has playing with him. Does anybody think he can keep up with this pace? Or is it one of those common flukes going around in the NHL?
Bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 09:59 AM   #2
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

He can score, no doubt about that and I think he'll keep that up throughout his career. The fact that he only has 32 points is the problem. 5 assists is not enough for a high-caliber player whether he is on a talented team or not. Columbus is far and away from being a good team but they aren't so talent deprived that he should only have 5 assists. If he wants to be a superstar in this league he's going to have to make the players around him better and provide them with opportunities to make plays.
Old 01-17-2004, 10:27 AM   #3
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

lmanchur. is on a distinguished road

Kinda hard to do that with Columbus though... but I don't know how Nash is doing htis though... I don't think anyone does since no one watches their games... he's gonna be a great player though, if he can keep this up and as he gets some decent players around him
lmanchur. is offline   Reply With Quote