Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > Site Feedback

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2001, 08:25 AM   #1
BTRoots
Grizzled Veteran

BTRoots is on a distinguished road

Having been away from the SC hockey board for some time, mainly due to illness, I return to find a thriving and energenic group, with new members on board. I am happy to see the growth and changing dynamics of the board. I do notice other changes, mostly in the dialogue of older (original) voices. Suffice it to say that you have come a long way in such a short time. The moderator/columnist of this board needs no assistance (even if he is away at good old U of M at this time). His recent article is informative and interesting. You all have something to say and say it well. Although the SC boards are tightly monitored and controlled, most appear to be having a good time, as most, if not all, are all still there. Having browsed several boards, SC is one of the best. I wish you all such success in your own lives. Had I known, iFroggy, that you were supplying free avitars, perhaps I would have been nicer to you! Regardless, I do owe you an apology, and I render it openly and honestly. What you do with it is your own business. Although my future postings will be few to nil, your 'names' will always be remembered. Thank you for the enjoyable times you afforded me.
Old 04-24-2001, 09:25 AM   #2
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

CanFan,

Thanks for the very kind words, I'm sure we all appreciate it. You are always welcome to join our "thriving and energetic" group, as you described it. It sounds like you are saying a farewell message, are you? I sure hope not, we would love if you could remain active! :nod:
Old 04-24-2001, 11:00 AM   #3
BTRoots
Grizzled Veteran

You took a chance with this one Marc.

What started out to be feedback on Lee's 50 point article, indeed, ended up a farewell message. I once again may be branded a groupie (a word I despise, and an adjective I do not consider descriptive of myself) of Lee's, but I did want to comment on his article. I thought it was a great idea, informative, interesting, and well written (I forgive him the odd misspelled word and gramatical errors). I copy you in saying that 'I have emailed you' personally on my opinion of Lee, which is no big secret to anyone who has read my postings.

I began as a regular poster, albeit with much enthusiasm, quickly graduating to co-moderator of the hockey board. I greatly appreciated my position as I am a true lover of the game, especially as it was in the past, and took advantage of the board (not the position) to vent my thoughts and feelings. However, what I thought I could do for you and your board, was not important to you and was not on your agenda. I became disallusioned, angry, and even paranoid. At the same time, I became ill. You and your young posters neither understood or appreciated much of what I had to say, feeling that age and life's experiences had naught to do with anything. Only age, life experience and maturity will cure you all of that. I was one, you were many. My options were limited. I took the only one available to me. The rest is history. I might add that no one appears to miss me.

I will always browse your boards, as it is one of the best, although too tightly reined, not allowing for freedom of individual expression. You and your posters are young men with good comprehension skills, talent, and interest, but are quick to dismiss and ridicule what is not in your sphere of knowledge. This,I can not abide.

On a lighter note, I'd like to know where all these new smilies are coming from, as I can't seem to find them.

Good luck Marc. You are an intelligent young man and will certainly accomplish in life whatever you set out to do.
Old 04-24-2001, 11:55 AM   #4
iFroggy
Sports Virtuoso

iFroggy is on a distinguished road

CanFan,

Here is the smilies page: https://www.sports-central.org/commu...on=showsmilies

I accept your apology. I tried not to pay attention to the things you said about me anyway.
Old 04-24-2001, 12:43 PM   #5
BTRoots
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks iFroggy.

What else can I say?

CanFan the :goof:
Old 04-24-2001, 05:58 PM   #6
Rick Dogg
All-Star Player

Rick Dogg is on a distinguished road

Well it is hard to be nice to froggy at times
I was not aware of major arguments between you two though.

--Captain Hook
Old 04-24-2001, 06:00 PM   #7
Rick Dogg
All-Star Player

Rick Dogg is on a distinguished road

Wait a second, are you still mad that I said that you were one of Lee's groupies? If you are, you shouldn't be. I was meerely joking when i said that.

--Captain Hook
Old 04-24-2001, 07:20 PM   #8
PeterDewar
All-Star Player

PeterDewar is on a distinguished road

Nice to have you back and healthy CalFan.

Peter Dewar
- Director of Website Operations, Top Prospect Alert.com
"Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire." - Flyer's Coach Fred Shero
"We've all been blessed with God given talents. Mine just happens to be beating people up." - Sugar Ray Leonard

Old 04-24-2001, 09:29 PM   #9
Dre2g
Grizzled Veteran

Dre2g is on a distinguished road

I am totally lost. I guess this all happened before I got here?
Old 04-24-2001, 11:02 PM   #10
iFroggy
Sports Virtuoso

iFroggy is on a distinguished road

It really isn't important.

Just really private events between Me, Marc and CanFan. Nothing juicy, just boring stuff. So, don't worry about it.
Old 04-25-2001, 04:25 AM   #11
BTRoots
Grizzled Veteran

Alls guys! It was me who got :redhot: for a :goof: 'y reason, in the throes of getting ill, which lead to words, yada yada yada. . And iFroggy is right. It was between the three of us, no reason anyony would/could have known. Behind the scene stuff. Now its all pretty :sleepy: and put to rest.

Rick, I was never at you for calling me a groupie. I knew you were teaseing. At least I hoped you were :nod:. You were not to know that I have never, am not, nor ever will be a groupie. I don't even understand them. I don't even like the word. My one meeting with a "star" was a total disaster and I caused a lot of public hoopla, as we were second in line for an autograph session (for my 12 year old companion). It did not sit well with the star concerned, or with the GM. We were all :redhot:.

Peter, thanks for the kind words .

I will always read, and may post. I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut, so will probably start posting again during the hockey seaon. These playoff are a bit much for me at moment. We shall see.

Besides, I still have to find an avitar and signature. Digging for that will keep me busy but not to stressed for the next little while.

So there we go friends. So you see March Madness .. you didn't miss a thing that everyonce didn't miss also.
Old 04-25-2001, 05:33 PM   #12
Wedge231
Fan of Struggling Teams

Wedge231 is on a distinguished road

Looks like one day gone and I missed this thread...

Sorry to see you like this. Hope to see you post again in the future.

I'm Back After 5 Months
Old 04-25-2001, 05:57 PM   #13
BTRoots
Grizzled Veteran

No doubt Wedge, no doubt ... and thanks.

This new board is GREAT.

:goof: here just has to figure it all out.
Old 04-25-2001, 07:12 PM   #14
Wedge231
Fan of Struggling Teams

Wedge231 is on a distinguished road

Looks like you are having fun with the new font color options and the new smiles. I still haven't used any of the new smiles or any different colors.

I'm Back After 5 Months
Old 04-25-2001, 08:20 PM   #15
J_Sinclair
Grizzled Veteran

J_Sinclair is on a distinguished road

ok, i don't get it. Whats this thread about?!?!
Closed Thread