Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 12-16-2008, 06:09 PM   #1
Brad O.

Brad O. will become famous soon enough
Default 2009 Pro Bowl rosters

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=...s&confirm=true

"Interesting" choices.

My own thoughts:

QB: Both Mannings made it. Eli over Matt Ryan and Tony Romo is a joke. And Philip Rivers, who has been the AFC's best QB this season, didn't make it. Brett Favre got in, and Chad Pennington got shafted.

RB: I think Ronnie Brown instead of Steve Slaton, and DeAngelo Williams not making it, are just further evidence that the voting starts too early, and ends too early.

FB: Le'Ron McClain made it in the AFC. Shouldn't the conference's fullback representative ... you know, play fullback?

WR: I like both rosters.

TE: I like both rosters.

C: Jason Brown didn't make it. Maybe I'm seeing something no one else is, but I think Brown is the best center in the NFL, not just one of the top two in the AFC.

G: Brian Waters? Is this 2004?

OT: The greatest travesty. Joe Thomas, Walter Jones, and Chris Samuels don't belong anywhere near the Pro Bowl.

DE: Both of the Colts' starters got in. Neither one is a terrible choice, but I really don't think the Colts have two of the three best DEs in the conference.

DT: Eh, fine.

OLB: Eh, fine.

ILB: The starters are Patrick Willis and Ray Lewis. This is a problem. I really like the backups, Jon Beason and James Farrior.

CB: I like both rosters.

FS: Eh, fine.

SS: Eh, fine.

P: Shane Lechler is incredibly overrated. He's probably about the 5th- or 6th-best punter in the AFC.

K: Eh, fine.

KR: Perfect.

ST: Whatever.

---
WORST PICKS

Brett Favre, Le'Ron McClain, Joe Thomas, Walter Jones, Chris Samuels, Shane Lechler

---
WORST OMISSIONS

Philip Rivers, Steve Slaton, Jason Brown, Jake Scott, Ryan Clady, Mike Gandy
Brad O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:36 PM   #2
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

I think Favre making it comes down to him being a sentimental pick, a fan and media favorite. And Rivers is hurt by the Chargers being a huge disappointment. It is odd to see a Pro Bowl without LaDainian Tomlinson, I must say. And I was surprised to see SS Nick Collins from my Packers. No DE Aaron Kampman?
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:57 PM   #3
BettorFan
Sports Enthusiast

BettorFan is on a distinguished road

Nice to see the Jets represented nicely.
BettorFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:43 AM   #4
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Only two Eagles made it - both in the secondary, which arguably hasn't had a very good season: The 44 completions of 20 yards or more they have given up is the fifth most in the NFL.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote