Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Miscellaneous Sports Discussion > Other Sports Blitz > Fantasy Sports

Old 12-08-2001, 02:40 PM   #1
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough
Post Bulls and Bears - NFL Week 13

Bulls - Expect these guys to give you good return on your dollar this week!

Quarterbacks

Greg - Trent Green, Kansas City - Green is due for one of those big games he has pop up every now and again. He should have Derrick Alexander and Marvin Minnis (Snoop) at the receiver and with two healthy wideouts, Tony Gonzalez should go back to being covered by safeties.

Mark - Mike McMahon, Detroit and Todd Bouman, Minnesota - Hopefully nobody has Elvis Grbac (bye) as their only QB. Both of these young guys will get a chance to show their stuff this week. Both should do well. Unless you are a big gambler - just watch to see if these guys are worth a pick next year.

Running Backs

Greg - Curtis Martin, New York Jets - Call this my faith pick. The Steelers are very good against the run, but Martin is very good at running the ball. Add this to the fact that the Pittsburgh defense has allowed five TDs in the past two games and figure that if the Jets score two, Martin will get at least one of them, and Martin is a good start.

Mark - Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala, Pittsburgh - Jerome Bettis is out this week, so Chris steps in against the New York Jets lowly run defense. Amos Zereoue is still the third down back, but there should be enough vowels - I mean yards - for everyone.

Wide Receivers

Greg - Jimmy Smith, Jacksonville - Smith has averaged seven catches a game since week seven and he has scored a TD in every other week since then - this is the week he should score if that pattern holds true. The last time he played the Bengals he went for 63 yards on eight catches and scored. Expect at least that this weekend, as well.

Mark - Joe Horn, New Orleans - Joe vs. the Atlanta defense. Aaron Brooks and Joe Horn have been a good combo lately. Look for more of the same this week.

Tight Ends

Greg - Cameron Cleeland, New Orleans - Cleeland is clearly the best receiving TE on the New Orleans roster. Eddie Williams has gained 125 yards and scored two TDs during his absence and may still take part in the passing game, but if Cleeland is truly back, he has the talent to surpass even those numbers.

Mark - Dwayne Carswell, Denver - Desmond Clark is day-to-day with an injury, so keep and eye on that. The Broncos are short on receivers so they may look to Carswell more this week than they usually do.

Placer Kickers

Greg - Jeff Wilkins, St. Louis - Wilkins and Jose Cortez look to be kicking a lot this weekend. Wilkins is the more accurate of the two so he is my choice for kicker of the week, though I doubt he can match Mark's prediction for Ryan Longwell!

Mark - Ryan Longwell, Green Bay - Ryan has been a little off this year, but this is a huge game against the Bears. Look for Longwell to come through with 8 extra points and 6 FGs. Packer fan? Green Bay will be up to the challenge this week and Ryan will do well.

Defenses

Greg - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Tampa is facing Detroit with James Stewart back and a rookie at the helm. Mike McMahon is going to go boom or bust against a very aggressive Bucs defense - the way the Lions season has gone thus far, my pick would be bust.

Mark - New York Giants - Quincy Carter is the starter for Dallas. The Giants should be able to keep him in check and also keep an eye on Emmitt Smith.

Bears - Watch your cash wad magically disappear if you start these guys!!

Quarterbacks

Greg - Todd Bouman, Minnesota - It is now looking like Daunte Culpepper will start, but it may be like last week where he is unable to finish. Don't count on Bouman repeating last week's performance, though - no team will let down after seeing that.

Mark - Quincy Carter, Dallas - Quincy will start the rest of the year for Dallas and do a respectable job. The Giants should keep him contained enough for New York to win. Watch Carter the rest of the year and see how the rookie handles himself.

Running Backs

Greg - Ahman Green, Green Bay - I am hoping this won't come true as Green has carried me in more than one league this year. But the Bears have a very good defense against the run and a lousy one against the pass, so I fully expect Brett Favre and his receivers to shoulder the load this weekend.

Mark - Curtis Martin, New York Jets - Curtis won't be a bust. This week he faces the tough Pittsburgh defense so his numbers will be down. Don't sit him, but don't look for him to carry your team either.

Wide Receivers

Greg - Jerry Rice, Oakland - Rice really is not as big a cog in the offense as his recent performances against the Chargers and Cardinals would lead one to believe.

Mark - Curtis Conway, San Diego - The Philadelphia defense doesn't give up a lot of real estate through the air, so look for Conway to have a subpar week.

Tight Ends

Greg - Eddie Williams, New Orleans - Cameron Cleeland is back - that can't be good for Boo.

Mark - Tony McGee, Cincinnati or Terry Hardy, Arizona - This is crunch time in fantasy football and neither of these guys are playing. If your league requires you to start a TE, make sure you get another one. The few points you get from the TE position might just make the difference.

Placer Kickers

Greg - Mike Vanderjagt, Indianapolis - A bad back is no trivial matter, especially when you make your living putting as much torque on your back as sidewinder kickers do. You know there is a problem when your team signs another kicker "just in case."

Mark - Jon Hilbert, Dallas - Jon may not get a lot of chances facing the Giants defense this week.

Defenses

Greg - Miami Dolphins - I agree with Mark, but another team you might not want to start is the Dolphins. Indianapolis can score on anyone and Miami has not been as good as one would expect of a Dolphin's defense.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote