Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Miscellaneous Sports Discussion > Other Sports Blitz > Fantasy Sports

Old 12-05-2005, 01:32 AM   #151
Billy D
Alternative View

Billy D is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by themush
Pretty interesting last regular season week thus far. My team won(Dixie) so lets see how the rest of the playoff teams shake out. I know the team names but, who are the owners that are still in it?
Yeah, this is why i put my name in the team's name-- not because i'm an egomaniac (though that might also be true). Thanks to the guys (Keystone, Kitchener) who are consistent with their names so i don't have to think too much...
Billy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 04:12 PM   #152
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

Ugh. Unless David Akers has a big game and Bobby Engram does nothing, Simon will get his first win of the season. How did I manage to beat one of the best teams in the league last week and lose to the worst the next?
Old 12-06-2005, 12:39 AM   #153
Billy D
Alternative View

Alex, I wish you won too. Now i get to play the guy with Lee Evans, Housh, and Braylon (70 pts combined at WR last week) in the first round, while you draw the overrated kiddy-hero team (RMoss, Vick). Shhht, i don't score 70 pts from my entire roster some weeks
Old 12-06-2005, 12:52 AM   #154
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy D
Alex, I wish you won too. Now i get to play the guy with Lee Evans, Housh, and Braylon (70 pts combined at WR last week)
Would that be me? Don't worry about Braylon, he's torn his knee up. But do worry about the rest of my team. :lol:
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 05:01 PM   #155
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Good luck to you all in the championship bracket. I'm hoping for fifth place, but not counting on it. My season couldn't have been worse if I tried. I started off getting the last pick in the draft, and using it on McNabb, who decided to suck and then get injured. My second pick was Jamal "What, Me, Try?" Lewis, who was a total bust. Then a guy I gambled on like J.J. Arrington turned out to ride the pine. All in all, like the real Packers, wait 'till next season.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 01:02 AM   #156
blackdogsong
Hall of Famer

blackdogsong is on a distinguished road

i'm the #1 seed but i've lost priest holmes and brian westbrook. i'm down to Mike Anderson and the waiver wire. Antowain Smith hopefully can run over the Falcons, like everyone else has this season. Koren Robinson should be huge against the Rams, ditto w/ McNair vs Houston. I just gotta cross my fingers and hope my favorable matchups pay off.
blackdogsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 01:20 AM   #157
Billy D
Alternative View

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdogsong
i'm the #1 seed but i've lost priest holmes and brian westbrook. i'm down to Mike Anderson and the waiver wire. Antowain Smith hopefully can run over the Falcons, like everyone else has this season. Koren Robinson should be huge against the Rams, ditto w/ McNair vs Houston. I just gotta cross my fingers and hope my favorable matchups pay off.
Who would've predicted our #1 seed would be relying on Antowain Smith, Koren Robinson, and Steve McNair heading into the playoffs? Have fun with Antowain, he's had about 95 yards on 40 carries over the last 3 games combined...
Old 12-09-2005, 07:32 PM   #158
blackdogsong
Hall of Famer

blackdogsong is on a distinguished road

its all about matchups... McNair vs Texans, Koren Robinson vs Rams. Robinson exploded last week and can easily tear the Rams young and mistake prone secondary. McNair could easily throw 3 TD's on the Texans.

there's no running backs on the waiver wire. the Falcons have a horriable run defenese so Antowain Smith should at least get a TD. he gets the majority of the Saints carries. what else can i do after i lost Westbrook and Priest Holmes?

last time the Saints played the Falcons Antowain ran for 2 TD's and 88 yards... that sounds fun to me!
blackdogsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 11:10 PM   #159
bombers fan
All-Star Player

bombers fan is on a distinguished road

idk i def had the biggest busts....
Ammahn green got hurt
farve suxed
curtis martains whole line suxed so he did horrible
justin mcarins suxed due to pennington getting hurt....

bla bla bla every1 got hurt for me
still denys this to this day.
http://www.theforgotten.org/site/intro_eng.html
bombers fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 12:27 AM   #160
Billy D
Alternative View

I'd like to thank Mike FREAKIN Sherman for benching Gado at halftime. It's just a sprain, even Sam Ryan said he's probable for a return and I personally think Sam Ryan should have a say. I was down by one point in my matchup, does he realize that?

I suppose it's appropriate after losing my top 4 RBs for the season (Deuce McAllister, Ahman Green, Najeh Davenport, Cedric Benson) that a RB injury costs me in the playoffs. Never mind that i started the wrong WR and a million other things could've gotten me a lousy point.

Sherman's still a bastard. Fire Sherman
Old 12-20-2005, 12:32 AM   #161
themush
Banned

I was wondering when you were going to get around to venting about Coach Sherman. Tough luck man, that sucks. :bash:
Old 12-20-2005, 04:03 PM   #162
jhuerbin88
Sports guy

jhuerbin88 is on a distinguished road

Woo-hoo! In arguably my worst week in Fantasy action all season (I forgot to set my roster - I had Davis as a starting RB haha), I was able to somehow pull out a 62-61 victory. Now it's on to the Finals.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:49 PM   #163
Billy D
Alternative View

It's official: Gado's out for the year. Now i've lost each of my top 5 RBs to season-ending knee injuries and had 7 injuries at the RB position overall. Since Artose Pinner and Dominic Rhodes are the best i've got left, they'd better watch their backs-- frickin ridiculous. I almost traded Holt for Priest in midseason, that would've just topped it off

I hope whoever wins the league puts up 140 points in a dominating peformance... it'll make me feel better, thanks
Old 12-23-2005, 04:44 PM   #164
jhuerbin88
Sports guy

jhuerbin88 is on a distinguished road

Gah! Jordan out and Davis game-time decision. Jeez, this sucks. Should I hope for Davis? Or find some other back?
Old 12-23-2005, 05:48 PM   #165
themush
Banned

Not too many other backs out there. Unless you want to hope for a backup i.e. Arron Stecker, Michael Pittman to get some garbage points, better stick with Davis.