Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 02-25-2009, 04:06 AM   #1
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down McNabb Never Ceases To Disgust

It seems as if Donovan McNabb could use some cheese with his latest whine:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0...th-McNabb.html
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:12 AM   #2
Montrovant
Hatecarver

Montrovant is on a distinguished road

The irony being that it seems you have been saying pretty much the same thing for a while now Anthony. The Eagles don't have a good receiver, the Eagles need a power back, etc. One might expect you to be sympathetic to McNabb's cause in this situation
Montrovant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:27 AM   #3
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrovant View Post
The irony being that it seems you have been saying pretty much the same thing for a while now Anthony. The Eagles don't have a good receiver, the Eagles need a power back, etc. One might expect you to be sympathetic to McNabb's cause in this situation

Oh, really?

Does the name DeSean Jackson mean anything to you?

Obviously, it doesn't mean a whole lot to McNabb.

If I were Jackson, or Kevin Curtis (1,100+ receiving yards in 2007), or Jon Runyan, or Tra Thomas, my comments on this would be unprintable in any publication less adult-oriented than Hustler magazine.

It's also rather odd - or maybe not - that McNabb does not address the power-back issue in this pathetic rant of his; and let's not forget that even if he was right about his not having any receivers and he wanted someone to blame for that, a mirror would come in quite handy.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:59 PM   #4
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

I think McNabb is not totally unfounded for asking the team to make improvements around him. He needs to win now at this stage in his career. I don't find this pathetic, but rather a QB who has given his all to an organization wanting the team to step up their efforts so they can win.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 01:20 AM   #5
Anthony

But what if McNabb can't get along with whoever they do bring in - which, not for nothing, is what happened the last time?

McNabb has as much gall as the proverbial kid who kills his parents and then pleads for mercy as an orphan, and is as hypocritical as an undertaker trying to look sad at a $2 million funeral.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:00 AM   #6
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

So, other than TO, who else, exactly has McNabb failed to get along with and run out of town? I am assuming there is a long and distinguished list of talent that left Philly because McNabb just refused to have them on his team. Since he supposedly would not be able to get along with anyone they brought in.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:24 AM   #7
Anthony

McNabb will turn on anyone who appears to be eclipsing him in popularity.

That's just the way he is - a total narcissist.

And didn't he get both Freddie Mitchell and Hank Fraley run out of town - for daring to corroborate what 2 billion people the world over saw with their own eyes (and doing so two months before T.O. playfully alluded to it)?

Last edited by Anthony; 02-26-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:16 PM   #8
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Seriously, is that all you got? I knew you would not be able to come up with anything of substance. Freddie Mitchell was a bust and talked his way out of Philly McNabb had nothing to do with him getting booted. I don't seem to remember him catching on anywhere else after Philly let him go. Freddie Mitchell simply thought he was better than he was.

Hank Fraley was let go because they liked what they saw out of the younger Jamaal Jackson during the '05 season when Fraley missed the entire year. I think most experts would tell you that Jackson has been one of the better centers in the league the past couple of years.

Seriously, if he had an issue with players rivaling him in popularity then wouldn't Brian Dawkins have been shipped off a long time ago? If that were the case then Jevon Kearse would have only lasted a year or so before McNabb made a power play to get rid of him.

You know just as well as I do that TO was just as complicit in his demise in Philly as anybody was.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 01:59 PM   #9
Montrovant
Hatecarver

Montrovant is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Oh, really?

Does the name DeSean Jackson mean anything to you?

Obviously, it doesn't mean a whole lot to McNabb.

If I were Jackson, or Kevin Curtis (1,100+ receiving yards in 2007), or Jon Runyan, or Tra Thomas, my comments on this would be unprintable in any publication less adult-oriented than Hustler magazine.

It's also rather odd - or maybe not - that McNabb does not address the power-back issue in this pathetic rant of his; and let's not forget that even if he was right about his not having any receivers and he wanted someone to blame for that, a mirror would come in quite handy.
More irony! You bring up Curtis...who you once described thus : "Kevin Curtis has feet of lead and hands of stone. He's horrible!"

You dislike McNabb : fine. I tend to disagree with some of your reasoning, but everyone has different opinions about players. But your anti-McNabb bias not only causes you to make some fairly ridiculous-seeming assertions (such as McNabb was the cause of the problems with T.O., and T.O., despite his well-known reputation as a whiner and locker room problem is blameless), it also appears to make you change your mind about other players in order to make McNabb look bad. If Curtis is as bad as you've said, and he put up even decent numbers, that would seem to be an indication McNabb is better than you give him credit for.
Montrovant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:09 AM   #10
Anthony

If you ask me, both of you have a terminal case of TODS - Terrell Owens Derangement Syndrome.

While TODS is not as lame as REDS - Rashad Evans Derangement Syndrome - it comes pretty close.