Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge > Politics & Religion

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 02:29 PM   #46
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

Fresh, I believe nearly every petroleum scientist in the world will disagree with your stance on this issue, making my statement completely true.
Your baseless accusations and petty insults have gone far enough.
Your apology will be in your next post.
And before you say "petroleum scientists are biased", I will say that the IPCC group went into their "study" with a pre-ordained ending in mind, making the "study" biased and now more credible than the petroleum scientists opinions.
Nice try Fresh and, as I said, your apology will be in your next post on this topic.

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:34 PM   #47
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

As to solutions to this "problem", I have seen not a one from you that I have not already mentioned. You criticized me for offering solutions to a problem I do not think is "important". Here is your exact comment, from above: "Wait, why list solutions if it is not a problem?"

It must be nice to throw out baseless accusations and petty insults without offering a single solution to this "problem" that you insist is there.
Again, I will say that the earth is warmer today than it was 100 years ago. This is because of the mini ice-age that lasted until the early 1800's.
You have said that the earth is warmer now than ever before. Prove that statement. Prove that it was not warmer during the Jurassic or Cretatious period than it is now.
I'll wait for this proof until I see the apology that I am owed for your slanderous comments.

Catman
Old 04-11-2007, 02:38 PM   #48
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

And, by the way, according to your beloved UN, the US and Western Europe have more forests now than they did 15 years ago, while Canada has less.

Catman
Old 04-11-2007, 02:39 PM   #49
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Fresh, I believe nearly every petroleum scientist in the world will disagree with your stance on this issue, making my statement completely true.
Still not proof. I'll wait to see some numbers to back up your BOLD STATEMENT.

Quote:
And before you say "petroleum scientists are biased", I will say that the IPCC group went into their "study" with a pre-ordained ending in mind, making the "study" biased and now more credible than the petroleum scientists opinions.
Let's see you dodge another question...

Are the American Scientists who were PICKED by the US GOVERNMENT, ant-American scientists with a "pre-ordained ending in mind"?????

Quote:
Nice try Fresh and, as I said, your apology will be in your next post on this topic.
No, you will get your apology when you hold yourself to the same standards that you hold everyone else to. When you answer the questions you are asked, and prove your bold statements, I will treat you with respect. As long as you sit here and demand that everyone else prove their bold statements, you will be held accountable to do the same. As long as you demand people to answer your questions, you will be demanded to the same thing.

If you can't deal with someone holding you to your own standards, then I suggest you ban me. Because I am not going to bow down to you intimidation. I will question your bold statements and demand that you support them with proof.

Think Fresh.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:41 PM   #50
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

You said my statement that nearly as many scientists disagree with your stance as agree with it was wrong and I proved that it was not.
Fresh, you refused to apologize, even though I proved your accusations were baseless. I have reluctantly given you an infraction for such insults.
Now, you may go about your merry way, continuing to believe what you believe without further penalties, unless you bring up your slander again.
Again Fresh, I do not dodge questions. Until I see the apology that I am owed, you will receive no answers to any questions on this board.

Catman
Old 04-11-2007, 02:42 PM   #51
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
I have seen not a one from you that I have not already mentioned
I don't think you said anything about light bulbs, I mentioned that.

Quote:
You have said that the earth is warmer now than ever before. Prove that statement. Prove that it was not warmer during the Jurassic or Cretatious period than it is now.
I'll provide that information when you prove your bold statement.

Think Fresh.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:45 PM   #52
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
You said my statement that nearly as many scientists disagree with your stance as agree with it was wrong and I proved that it was not.
Really? Show me some numbers. Show me one thing that says percentage of scientists. You named a TYPE of scientist that typically disputes global warming. Do you really think that is proof? I suggest you look up the word "proof" in a dicitonary.

Think Fresh.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:46 PM   #53
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

Which "bold" statement are you referring to, Fresh? I have proven everything I have said here is true.
Your turn to "man-up" and apologize or I will issue you another infraction.

Catman
Old 04-11-2007, 02:47 PM   #54
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
Really? Show me some numbers. Show me one thing that says percentage of scientists. You named a TYPE of scientist that typically disputes global warming. Do you really think that is proof? I suggest you look up the word "proof" in a dicitonary.
Yes Fresh, that is proof enough for you. You must accept it. What good would showing you numbers do? Your bias will not allow you to accept anything that I post.
Proof is defined as showing indisputable evidence that something is true. I have done so.
Your apology will be in your next post.

Catman
Old 04-11-2007, 02:50 PM   #55
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Which "bold" statement are you referring to, Fresh? I have proven everything I have said here is true.
Your turn to "man-up" and apologize or I will issue you another infraction.
:lol:

I hope you feel powerful with all your "infractions."

Proof is not saying that certain scientists disagree.

This would be proof. If you find a reliable source that states, "Nearly 50% of scientists dispute global warming."

You have come no where near that.

Go ahead, give me an infraction.

I'm done with this site. You have effectively driven me away, congratulations.

Think Fresh.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:00 PM   #56
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Paraphrased, you said: "Nearly as many scientists disagree with you as those who agree with you."

And your proof is: "I believe nearly every petroleum scientist in the world will disagree with your stance on this issue"

If you seriously think the second statement PROVES the first, you are sadly mistaken, and arguing with you is pointless because you can "prove" anything to yourself, no matter how wrong you are. I see no point in arguing with you. You are so wrong on the number of scientists that dispute global warming that there is no hope for you.

This is my last post on this thread.

Marc, I think you should reconsider catman's status as a moderator. He has driven at least one person away from your site.

Think Fresh.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:33 PM   #57
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

Fresh, if you wish to leave the site, that is your decision. I have not driven you or anyone else away. If you wish to stay, that is also fine. Just do not accuse me or anyone else of lying or being misinformed without being completely informed yourself.
As I have said, if the earth is still warming in 10 years, I may be persuaded to believe that this is something other than the natural climatic cycle in action.

Catman
Closed Thread