Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 11-23-2002, 01:48 AM   #1
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough
Default Green Bay and Tampa Should be a Great Game

Can't wait for this game. I think I will go with Tampa Bay, but if Favre gets hot its over for the Bucs.

Packers rank fourth in overall offense and the Bucs are ninth, averaging 312.7 yards per game.

On defense, Tampa ranks first in the NFC, allowing 252.1 ypg and Green Bay ranks ninth, allowing 333.4 ypg.

Linebacker Shelton Quarles is the leading tackler for Tampa with 78 tackles.

Linebacker Nate Wayne leads Green Bay with 71.

I say Tampa 27 Green Bay 25
Old 11-23-2002, 02:05 AM   #2
Hero
The Asian Man of SC

Hero is on a distinguished road

It's not really a big anticipating game, as they use to play each other twice every year. But it is intreasting to see the Packers' new offense against the Bucs' new defense.
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 04:54 AM   #3
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

This game's important enough that the Packers lost last week in large part because they were looking ahead to it!
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 01:05 PM   #4
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by Hero
It's not really a big anticipating game, as they use to play each other twice every year. But it is intreasting to see the Packers' new offense against the Bucs' new defense.
Ummm ... this is probably Brett Favre's lasting meeting against TB in the regular season as well as against Sapp as they don't meet again until later this decade. And they haven't played since last year.

Bucs' new defense? There's nothing new about, it's the same old one ... and the only thing changed about our offense is our WRs.

As a big Packer fan, you know who I'm pulling for, but I'm somewhat pessimistic. We haven't won here since 1997 and it's always been the home team who's won. I feel whoever wins this will get homefield advantage, so it's absolutely a huge game. If we get homefield advantage, we are the favorites since we've never lost a home playoff game, EVER.

I'm hoping Favre redeems himself after a poor Vikings game and our whole team uses it as motivation. The Bucs have been vulnerable at times this year and are not as good as many make them out to be. Flat out, their running game sucks and we all know how their passing game (or lack thereof) goes. It will be up to their defense this game.

And interesting note: even in the Packers' Super Bowl year of '96, they lost to be Vikings, so don't judge anything on that game.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 02:45 PM   #5
jason7788
Grizzled Veteran

jason7788 is on a distinguished road

The Packers absolutely DID NOT lose to the Vikings because they were too worried about Tampa in week 12. That is not a good excuse in my opinion. Face it, the amazing Brett Farve is human and does have a bad game once in a while. Farve is going to be challenged even more in Tampa by their #1 rated defense led by big Warren Sapp.
jason7788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 01:26 AM   #6
Hero
The Asian Man of SC

Hero is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Marc

Ummm ... this is probably Brett Favre's lasting meeting against TB in the regular season as well as against Sapp as they don't meet again until later this decade. And they haven't played since last year.

Bucs' new defense? There's nothing new about, it's the same old one ... and the only thing changed about our offense is our WRs.

As a big Packer fan, you know who I'm pulling for, but I'm somewhat pessimistic. We haven't won here since 1997 and it's always been the home team who's won. I feel whoever wins this will get homefield advantage, so it's absolutely a huge game. If we get homefield advantage, we are the favorites since we've never lost a home playoff game, EVER.

I'm hoping Favre redeems himself after a poor Vikings game and our whole team uses it as motivation. The Bucs have been vulnerable at times this year and are not as good as many make them out to be. Flat out, their running game sucks and we all know how their passing game (or lack thereof) goes. It will be up to their defense this game.

And interesting note: even in the Packers' Super Bowl year of '96, they lost to be Vikings, so don't judge anything on that game.
What I meant by "new" means this new season, not new players.

Don't be so sure to say that it's either going to be the Packs or the Bucs getting homefield avantage, it might be thr Niners, Saints or even the Falcons who swept the Saints.

The lost to the Vikings was expected, Favre can never play good on turf, their two losts this year was both on turf (they lost to in New Orleans in week 2).
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 03:47 AM   #7
Anthony

Quote:
Originally posted by jason7788
The Packers absolutely DID NOT lose to the Vikings because they were too worried about Tampa in week 12. That is not a good excuse in my opinion. Face it, the amazing Brett Farve is human and does have a bad game once in a while. Farve is going to be challenged even more in Tampa by their #1 rated defense led by big Warren Sapp.

Who said anything about excuses? I'm talking reasons here!
Old 11-24-2002, 12:39 PM   #8
I OWN THIS
The True Titan

I OWN THIS is on a distinguished road

If Green Bay wants to win this road game, they need to implement Ahman Green tons more than they did last week vs. Minnesota.
Old 11-25-2002, 12:52 AM   #9
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough

Favre lost the challenge today. He played poorly plain and simple.
Old 11-25-2002, 04:20 AM   #10
Anthony

If it all turns out well for them in the end and the Packers do manage to win the Super Bowl, I've got the perfect title for their 2002 highlight film: Twin Peaks. Because that's exactly what they'll need, since it's now obvious that Green Bay has peaked too early.
Old 11-25-2002, 01:29 PM   #11
CHOsen1
Grizzled Veteran

CHOsen1 is on a distinguished road

green bay has been looking kinda of sluggish the past two weeks, i'm starting to have doubt them going to the superbowl, especially if they dont get home field advantage. the way atlanta has been playing i wouldnt be suprised if they win a game in the playoffs
Old 11-25-2002, 07:01 PM   #12
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

I do not think the Packers have peaked too early. There is still room to peak again, fellas. Even in their Super Bowl year of '96, they lose these types of games, including at Minnesota. The toughest part of our schedule, at least where we are statistically worst, is done with. Everyone knows we have trouble winning in Minnesota and Tampa Bay and vice-versa for those teams ... we just happened to have to play both of them on the road in a row ... bad luck, if you ask me.

With the Bears at Lambeau this week, it's the perfect remedy for our problems. Favre WILL turn it around, that's one of his biggest strengths. I said I had a bad feeling about this week and I turned out to be right, I'm afraid. The biggest thing I worry about is injuries on our O-line and D-line. We're going to be like New England and lose the battle on both lines before we know it.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 02:42 AM   #13
Anthony

Look at the "bad luck" the Colts have had this year! Coming into this year they hadn't won in Pittsburgh since 1968, hadn't won in Washington since 1967, and had never won in Denver - and sure enough had to play all three of them on the road this season (and went 1-2 in the three games).