Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Old 12-19-2007, 10:11 AM   #1
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough
Default Hell in St. Louis

About two weeks ago I went to Mobile, Alabama to visit my family. It was 80 degrees each day I was there. It was great.

When I left Mobile on a Monday to come back to Des Moines I got as far as St. Louis because of the ice storm that was hitting the Midwest. I was stuck at the the St. Louis bus station for 25 hours. Some people had been there 3 days. If anyone knows anything about the St. Louis station it is right in the hod downtown. Not very safe to go off the station property.

I spent most of that 25 hours standing up as most seats in the terminal were taken. I did sleep about two hours on the hard floor. Inside the station a woman had her purse taken off her shoulder and a drunk peed all over himself while passed out on the floor.

Also the St. Louis bus station is old and nasty.

Never again will I ride the bus during the winter.

But overall God took care of me and I didn't have to suffer too much. At least I had some money. A lot of people were stuck there with no money and a lot of mothers had screaming kids hanging on to them.

So I was really quite fortunate overall.