Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 07-28-2008, 06:54 PM   #1
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about
Default Camp News

PLEASE NO FAVRE CRAP!

Just post the rumblings you are hearing out there.
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:55 PM   #2
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Josh Johnson is rumored to make the Bucs roster out of camp so I have no idea who that leaves to be cut???
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:28 PM   #3
JGalligan
Sports Enthusiast

JGalligan is on a distinguished road

While the Bucs could technically keep 4 QB's if they were so inclined, they will most likely keep 3. Garcia, Johnson and one more out of Griese, McCown and Simms. If it were up to me, I'd keep Simms. He's the best out of the three and used to be the face of the franchise -- plus he'd make good trade bait.
JGalligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:00 PM   #4
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Then why not just trade Simms and get it over with if he is such good trade bait? Given the number of veteran QBs they have in camp already Johnson seems a likely candidate for the practice squad unless he really blows people away in the exhibition games.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:33 PM   #5
JGalligan
Sports Enthusiast

I dunno, maybe they're playing some other teams bluffs. Especially the ones with no logical QB option, even though that organization is trying to play if off like it's normal. Cough Baltimore cough Chicago cough. The closer we get to the actual season, the more moves that will be made. And that includes he-who-must-not-be-named-in-this-thread as well, I think.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:51 AM   #6
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

The Buccaneers have too many QBs as it is - remember that they still hold the rights to Jake Plummer - so their interest in you-know-who would seem to constitute overkill, or to use one of my favorite expressions, carrying coals to Newcastle (and if you think for one minute that Plummer is truly "retired," then I own a pineapple plantation in Alaska that I'd be happy to sell you at a reasonable price).
Old 07-30-2008, 08:50 AM   #7
jhuerbin88
Sports guy

jhuerbin88 is on a distinguished road

Daniel Sepulveda, the Steelers second-year punter, just tore his ACL at training camp. Out for the season. He had a good rookie season and a promising future. I think they picked up a punter from Detroit(?) or Cleveland(?).
Old 07-30-2008, 11:14 AM   #8
JGalligan
Sports Enthusiast

I'm not that big a fan of pineapples. Pineapple upside-down cake, however? Now that's where it's at.

In Patriots news: Tank Williams, in typical Patriot fashion, is refusing to directly answer questions on whether he will play at linebacker or safety this year.

Also, Chad Jackson, the promising young receiver who the Patriots drafted in 2006 is making splashes and is expected to make an impact this year on offense if he can stave off injuries.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:12 AM   #9
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Does Panthers WR Steve Smith (we now have to differentiate between him and the Giants WR of the same name!) have a potential post-NFL career in boxing - or the UFC perhaps?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true
Old 08-02-2008, 04:49 PM   #10
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

I thought the Panthers cut Smith this morning when I read the Yahoo headline. I knew about the fight but when I saw "Sent Packing" I thought they let hom go. ha ha....

Does anyone think Smith wants to be let go? He's got a lot of talent and has been on that crappy team for a long time now. Any thoughts?
Old 08-02-2008, 10:36 PM   #11
coachJ
All-Star Player

coachJ is on a distinguished road

He shouldnt have signed that extension then. I think thats just the way he is, and he has a hard time controlling it.
coachJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:43 AM   #12
JGalligan
Sports Enthusiast

Yeah, he's just a bad ass. If he weren't getting suspended, I'd be more apt to target him for my fantasy team..
Old 08-05-2008, 09:14 PM   #13
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

It is definitely an unfortunate incident given that the Panthers need Smith if they want to win this year. He is the only guy on that offense that teams feel they need to game plan against.

Now there are some rumors that the Panthers may be looking to deal him and that his teammates may be looking to dole out some punishment of their own. I heard on the radio this morning that the players have rallied around Lucas and did not appear to want to have anything to do with Smith during practice yesterday.

I heard someone suggest they should deal him to Cincy for Chad Johnson.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:17 AM   #14
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

I'm not really sure if Smith can help the Panthers win - granted he is a good WR, but the Panthers still have a long way to go before they can be considered real contenders. I think they should deal him and start from scratch.