Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 07-20-2003, 08:41 AM   #16
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

True, the Seahawks do take a big drop in schedule difficulty from what they faced in 2002 - indeed, they're getting the most favorable year-over-year change in the entire NFL - but unfortunately all three of their division rivals will see their schedules soften by almost as much (this is a feature of the new schedule format that accompanied the recent realignment). Until proven otherwise, both St. Louis and San Francisco clearly have better personnel than Seattle, so even a second-place finish in the NFC West - with or without a wild card - would have to be considered an upset.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 12:02 PM   #17
TRAVIS13
Banned

TRAVIS13 is on a distinguished road

Yeah ok thanks marc. I know i get his name messed up sometimes. I,ve never seen a name as wierd as it is. ok favre. Why did he put the v before the r anyway? Oh well. Yeah it,s brett to i know. sorry. I know you are a packer fan and i really do like favre a lot. He,s a great player.
I have on a budget at college so even if a keyboard is cheap i might not be able to get it. Beers and babes always comes first.

t13 is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TRAVIS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 04:55 PM   #18
Kornbix
Super Bowl or bust

Kornbix is on a distinguished road

You have got to be kidding me. Dallas go 11-5? HAHAHAHHAHAHHA that was about the funniest thing I've seen all day.
Kornbix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 05:08 PM   #19
rickcoyle
Grizzled Veteran

rickcoyle is on a distinguished road

first of all this is for you t13, i know how to spell favre and im not a packer fan. But enough with that. Bill Parcells may help the team this year, may or may not. Maybe theyll win a few a more games. Whoop de fricken doo! The fact is that a coach alone dont make a great team. You talent. The cowboys have no talent. I venture to say they are one of the least talented teams out there.

You have got to be kidding me. Dallas go 11-5? HAHAHAHHAHAHHA that was about the funniest thing I've seen all day.~Kornbix~

yeah kornbix i agree completely.

"They hate to love me"
~Terrell Owens~
rickcoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 09:45 PM   #20
TRAVIS13
Banned

Ok kornbix and rick you laugh now but he who laughs hardest laughs last. There is a thng now in the nfl called parity. A great coach can make a great difference and if you don,t regocnize that you need a lesson on football. Dallas already had a pretty good defense last year and they will have one of thebest defenseive secondarys in the whole league. Defense gets it done in the nfl boys. Parcells will find a way. And when it happens guess who i,m going to be laughing at. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA 11-5 11-5 11-5 11-5 11-5 11-5 11-5 11-5 11-5 11-5 11-5 11-5

t13 is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2003, 10:12 PM   #21
Ellis
gymnopedist

Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by TRAVIS13
Ok kornbix and rick you laugh now but he who laughs hardest laughs last. There is a thng now in the nfl called parity. A great coach can make a great difference and if you don,t regocnize that you need a lesson on football. Dallas already had a pretty good defense last year and they will have one of thebest defenseive secondarys in the whole league. Defense gets it done in the nfl boys. Parcells will find a way. And when it happens guess who i,m going to be laughing at. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA 11-5 11-5 11-5 11-5 11-5 11-5 11-5 11-5 11-5 11-5 11-5 11-5

t13 is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well first off, a coach can make a diffrence but you are acting like with bill as coach,the players will sudenly be good. You act like he is going to run on the feild and throw td passes and run for tds.

You wish they will be 11-5. try turning that around to 5-11.

They have no qb or rb. they stand no chance.

And by the way,i bet you could cut down on beer for one night to get a key board.
Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 10:57 PM   #22
Kornbix
Super Bowl or bust

Kornbix is on a distinguished road

Quote:

t13 is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Travis the retard, Dallas has absolutely NO talent. They let their legend go in Emmit Smith. Who is their QB? Quincy Carter who throws about 5 picks a game? And Chad Hutchinson did no better. Best defense? What have you been smoking?

And lord help me if your the starting QB for your team. Lord help me if you ain't a 40 year old beer belly guy sitting at home making these lies.

k bix is out !!!!!!!!!!!
Kornbix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 08:39 AM   #23
Anthony

Quote:
Originally posted by Kornbix
Travis the retard, Dallas has absolutely NO talent. They let their legend go in Emmit Smith. Who is their QB? Quincy Carter who throws about 5 picks a game? And Chad Hutchinson did no better. Best defense? What have you been smoking?

And lord help me if your the starting QB for your team. Lord help me if you ain't a 40 year old beer belly guy sitting at home making these lies.

k bix is out !!!!!!!!!!!

Personally I couldn't agree less with Travis about the Cowboys, but could we please refrain from name-calling on this forum? [Of course I'm referring to name-calling directed at fellow posters; doing it to some lousy player - or coach, or owner - is another matter entirely!:lol:]
Old 07-21-2003, 09:00 AM   #24
TRAVIS13
Banned

Emmitt is washed up anyway so it,s good that he is gone. Hutchinson will be pretty good and the defense will be one of the better one,s in the nfc. Those are to answer your questions kornbix. My dad is in his middle fortys not me.

t13 is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2003, 09:41 AM   #25
rickcoyle
Grizzled Veteran

rickcoyle is on a distinguished road

Okay t13 explain to me why you think Hutchinson will be okay. He absolutely sucked. So if sucking means that next year you turn out to be great then why arent the bengals winning the super bowl? Ive only been here one month and I already have realized that you are the biggest moron in this community. Everytime you say something you just get ripped apart. Take a hint.

"They hate to love me"
~Terrell Owens~
rickcoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 10:27 AM   #26
TRAVIS13
Banned

Remember when everybody said that trent dilfer sucked??? Yeah, nod your head. Ok. LOLOLOL Dallas will win with defense and parcels knows how to coach quarterbacks. Look at his history that way. Hutchinson will be pretty good and that is all they need. He barely had a chance last year anyway and dave campo didn,t know anything how tocoach. Nobody in the nfc east is any good anyway. Eagles are going down hill now and anthoney already talked about that. Giants same. Washington sucks and their coach is a girl and sucks the very most. Nope it,s all dallas this year. They have the coach. It,s my predicition. so sorry if it bothers you to much.

t13 is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2003, 03:56 AM   #27
Anthony

Quote:
Remember when everybody said that trent dilfer sucked??? Yeah, nod your head. Ok. LOLOLOL Dallas will win with defense and parcels knows how to coach quarterbacks. Look at his history that way. Hutchinson will be pretty good and that is all they need. He barely had a chance last year anyway and dave campo didn,t know anything how tocoach. Nobody in the nfc east is any good anyway. Eagles are going down hill now and anthoney already talked about that. Giants same. Washington sucks and their coach is a girl and sucks the very most. Nope it,s all dallas this year. They have the coach. It,s my predicition. so sorry if it bothers you to much.

t13 is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Travis, but there is no comparing Trent Dilfer, a first-round draft choice, with Chad Hutchinson, who wasn't even drafted at all the year he came out. And of course Dilfer "sucked" in his early years - he came out of a small college, and these guys almost always need more time to develop than a quarterback who played his college ball at say, Miami of Florida. If Hutchinson is so great, then why did he go into baseball instead of least trying to catch on in, say, the CFL or even Europe? With him, what you see is what you get - and I for one see absolutely nothing!
Old 07-24-2003, 01:25 PM   #28
TRAVIS13
Banned

Ok that is fine anthony then. I,ll bring up this topic again about half way in the seaon at week 8 or 9 or something and we can talk about it some more ok? Oh and why did bo jackson play baseball? Maybe he liked it.

t13 is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2003, 06:53 PM   #29
Cowboy22
All-Star Player

Cowboy22 is on a distinguished road

HOLD ON! I'm 'bout sick of all the cheap shots you people are throwing on Dallas.

I'm not a huge Hambrick fan (however, I like him just because he is a Cowboy). But the man is good. He carried for a 4-yard average last year, after heading a 5.1 average in 2001. The man can run. If you can't see that, than you are blind! But his stamina is the main concern here. Add in Richie Anderson, a brutal blocker, third-down back Michael Wiley and the new back Aevion Cason and the Maurice Carthon (Off. Line/RBs coach) can easily turn this into a dangerous backfield. You can add H-Back Dan Campbell to that list too, I suppose.

Every one is hating Chad Hutchinson. I can't figure out why. He sucks? No...no he doesn't. If anyone even watched this player, you would know that he doesn't suck. Look at his history....look at the stats....look at the situation. They would all suggest that Hutchinson was put in at QB at a bad place, bad time. A 66.3 rating may have come from the casualties of the Offensive Line who was one of the worst in the league. 34 SACKS! Nobody can endure that and remain a good QB. Secondly, Hutchinson had not played since 1997! Thirdly, he was not a mature player and was pushed on the field too soon. Last season, Dallas should've stuck with Q. Carter. If you still deny Hutchinson's ability, look at his flashes of brilliance....the 49ers game...the Jacksonville game. Look at the fight in this kid. When the Giants were brutally laying a whooping on the Cowboys, Hutchinson refused to give up. So before you nay-sayers dare to criticize this man, I ask you to look at him.

The defense is indeed one of the best in the league...no one can deny it. If Ebenezer Ekuban ever reaches his potential and take away the double-teams from Ellis, they can bring some more pressure to the QB. Not to mention La'Roi Glover, a Pro Bowler, and a decent starter in Michael Myers. The linebacking squad is one that Parcells has little love for, but is good. Dat Nguyen is a very solid linebacker...but small. Dexter Coakley is a Pro Bowl-calibur player who gets INTs as well as tackles. And they get Al Singleton...an upgrade from Kevin Hardy who was disappointing.

The secondary is realling one of the best with a young secondary with one veteran leader. Derek Ross comes off a 5-INT year alongside Terrence Newman (can anyone deny him?). Roy Williams is a very VERY good player...possibly the league's best safety this year. And Darren Woodson...the only link to the Cowboys 3 Rings in 4 Years Team.

AFTER SAYING ALL THAT: I still disagree with the Cowboys having a good season. Maybe a 5-11, 6-10, or if a good season, 7-9. I have some beef though...I always thought the better teams played the better teams and worse-off teams played the worse-off teams. If that's true, then why does Dallas play the New York Jets (returning playoff team), Atlanta Falcons (or should I say Michael Vick), Buffalo Bills (with a better defense), New England Patriots (SB champs from two January's ago), Miami Dolphins (always a playoff contender), New Orleans Saints (should've made the playoffs), and worst of all...THE RETURNING SUPER BOWL CHAMPS...TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS!!!
Home of Emmitt Smith---All-Time Rushing Leader (17,162 Yards)
Cowboy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 11:08 PM   #30
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

The schedule is no longer based on position of finish anymore, with the exception of two? games. Six games in division. Four games against a division in conference. Four games in a division from the other conference. One game against a similarly positioned team from each conference for the other two games. Parcells "lucked" into playing against two teams he coached in the AFC East, since the AFC East plays the NFC East this season. While I'm not familiar with the Cowboys' schedule off the top of my head, looks like they play the NFC South. Gonna be a bad time in Irving, TX.

Meanwhile, 22, I agree that Hutchinson will have a slightly better opportunity to show his stuff this year, with some coaching going on around and toward him. Last year was a joke. Campo, as a head coach, is a joke. And Coslet as an OC is a joke. Fortunately, they're gone (did Coslet end up somewhere, btw?; if he did, I need to bet the under on that team).

As for Hambrick: Parcells is going to have to want to give him the ball. The 'Boys report tomorrow, right? Is he going to come in at the weight Parcells wants him at? Parcells will bench him just to prove a point, let's see if Hambrick can respond to some real coaching, or if he hightails it for the locker room.

Dave