Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Basketball Association

Old 10-12-2005, 04:39 PM   #16
Titans100
Vince Young ROY

Titans100 is on a distinguished road

First, Dublin Mike am i missing something here or what is this word Zach? If it is like the name (Zack) for what i'm thinking of it is not my name! I let it slide the first time but the second time i was like what? If it is some other word that i just perceive as a name then please correct me. No disrespect honest mistake...if it is a mistake.

Second, #99, you having Shaq at number 3 doesn't get my engines fired up. I agree with the fact that Shaq is even the greatest / most dominant center of all time. I have him ranked 10th on my list (with Jermaine) because he is kind of taking a back seat to the rest of the young guns in the NBA. But I still think he is the most dominate center in the NBA today.

I agree with you also (#99) that the Suns mishandled the Stoudemire injury situation and it should have been handled earlier in the offseason. However, I think the contributions of Steve Nash (Mainly) and Shawn Marion will keep that team hovering above sea level just long enough for Amare to come back and solidify this team as a dangerous 6th or 7th seed in the playoffs.

Fav Teams:
Tennessee Titans
LA Lakers
Pittsburgh Pirates
Titans100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 05:50 PM   #17
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by Titans100
First, Dublin Mike am i missing something here or what is this word Zach? If it is like the name (Zack) for what i'm thinking of it is not my name! I let it slide the first time but the second time i was like what? If it is some other word that i just perceive as a name then please correct me. No disrespect honest mistake...if it is a mistake.

Second, #99, you having Shaq at number 3 doesn't get my engines fired up. I agree with the fact that Shaq is even the greatest / most dominant center of all time. I have him ranked 10th on my list (with Jermaine) because he is kind of taking a back seat to the rest of the young guns in the NBA. But I still think he is the most dominate center in the NBA today.

I agree with you also (#99) that the Suns mishandled the Stoudemire injury situation and it should have been handled earlier in the offseason. However, I think the contributions of Steve Nash (Mainly) and Shawn Marion will keep that team hovering above sea level just long enough for Amare to come back and solidify this team as a dangerous 6th or 7th seed in the playoffs.
lol, sorry T, I wasn't paying attention to the rest of your monniker, i thought you was a friend of mine who signed uop a couple of weeks ago w/the Titans fan monniker. Again, alzheimers is a m.f.er
Dublin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 09:00 PM   #18
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin Mike
Wow Zach, that is way too high for Dirk, imo. He is too soft and doesn't play D.
The press used to refer to him as 'Irk' when he first broke into the league because he had no 'D'.

Plus, he has yet to show that he can win the big series.

Titans100, there is a difference in being a team's MVP and being their best player. Chone Figgins was voted the Angels MVP this year but anyone who has half a clue about baseball knows Vlady is hands down the best player on that team. Steve Nash is the engine that makes the Suns go, but the Suns are not building the team around him now are they? Amare is the best and most talented player on that team.

Carmelo Anthony is not a top ten player in the league. He has the ability and potential to be, but until he puts up stud numbers or takes his team deep into the playoffs he just is not there yet.

I also have a hard time putting Jermaine O'Neal up there either simply due to the fact that he cannot seem to stay healthy. He is definitely right there ability-wise.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 09:16 PM   #19
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

I heard this was the same surgery Penny Hardaway had. And he's never been the same. Let's hope Amare doesn't lose a thing...
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:48 PM   #20
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Well, fortunately for Amare, he's 6-10/245 and his whole game is not predicated on his ability to beat guys off the dribble.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:06 AM   #21
Titans100
Vince Young ROY

Titans100 is on a distinguished road

Titans100, there is a difference in being a team's MVP and being their best player. Chone Figgins was voted the Angels MVP this year but anyone who has half a clue about baseball knows Vlady is hands down the best player on that team. Steve Nash is the engine that makes the Suns go, but the Suns are not building the team around him now are they? Amare is the best and most talented player on that team.

What has Amare done in his 3 years with the team that proves he is the best? Vlad has even one a MVP award before with the Angels and the team knows that, he was also injured for part of this season anyway. If Vlad would have played the entire season again then he probably would have wrapped up another AL MVP and team MVP. Steve Nash has been a proven point guard in his careers with Phoenix and Dallas. Amare has played 3 seasons and all he ha accomplished in having are 1) Shaq's accolades 2) Rookie of the Year 3) All-Star. The first stat doesn't even count. I will stand by what I say with Nash being a bigger impact and then Amare as a very colid #2 guy.

I don't think that you will ever be able to take Amare off of the Suns or even put him into a roll that allows him to "be the man" on any team in the NBA (i.e. Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Kobe Bryant).
Titans100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 12:22 AM   #22
Pimpbot
U.K. Expat

Pimpbot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc
I heard this was the same surgery Penny Hardaway had. And he's never been the same. Let's hope Amare doesn't lose a thing...
Difference being that Penny's knee was arthritic(sp) and the hole was much bigger.