Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > Major League Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 02:17 PM   #31
suedon1970
Sports Chick

suedon1970 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobynosker
You get free parking for all the games?
That's right, believe it or not. It really is a nice gesture by management, but I would rather pay and have a decent middle reliever & closer that can keep them competitive!
Old 05-05-2006, 03:49 PM   #32
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex
I'm really starting to worry about Randy Johnson. He's had several bad outings in a row and is having a little bit of trouble with the Rays tonight.
Who's NOT having trouble with the Rays? This team is no where near the "pushover" they used to be 2-3 years ago. For a team that will go nowhere this season... I'm impressed (if that makes sense)
Old 05-05-2006, 04:10 PM   #33
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

HibachiDG is on a distinguished road

Barry Bonds is in Philly this weekend. I'm hoping for three Bonds homeruns just to see what the reaction will be.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:02 PM   #34
NY Jay 05
East Coaster

NY Jay 05 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Graham
Barry Bonds is in Philly this weekend. I'm hoping for three Bonds homeruns just to see what the reaction will be.
I can see it now - boos.

2005 NFL Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-05-2006, 07:18 PM   #35
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

HibachiDG is on a distinguished road

I'm hoping for 715 to get a "THROW IT BACK" chant.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:51 PM   #36
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Graham
I'm hoping for 715 to get a "THROW IT BACK" chant.
Doug - GREAT point. Lets think about this for a minute.... we all know that ball is gonna be worth $$$... but imagine a fan catches it and whips it back on the field. You are an instant star, right? Sportscenter, Letterman, Leno, etc. That would be BIG news. What does everyone think would happen if a fan threw it back?
Old 05-05-2006, 10:34 PM   #37
boston_aloha
FFB #2

My man Jonathan Papelbon did it again: Pitched the ninth for his 12th save in 12 opportunities.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:02 PM   #38
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_aloha
Who's NOT having trouble with the Rays? This team is no where near the "pushover" they used to be 2-3 years ago. For a team that will go nowhere this season... I'm impressed (if that makes sense)
Johnson shouldn't be having trouble with Tampa Bay. He has looked nothing like an ace so far this season. At least Mike Mussina is.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:59 PM   #39
boston_aloha
FFB #2

yeah, I know what you mean - I was just saying a few good pitchers have lost to Tampa, or got a no-dec (Schilling).
Old 05-06-2006, 03:39 PM   #40
suedon1970
Sports Chick

suedon1970 is on a distinguished road

Damn you Braves! Gave up 4 runs in the 7th to the Mets!!!!

I am really starting to worry about their pitching. Maybe we really did need Mazzone.......
Old 05-07-2006, 02:36 AM   #41
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

That 7th inning caused me some problems too suedon. A bunch of us were at a restaurant and that game was on in the 7th. I ATTEMPTED to explain to my wife that when the catcher catches the ball, he tries to move it over the plate to get a favorable call. The damn inning lasted so long she kept on wanting me to go over it FAR after the point I wanted to say to hell with it because she had no clue.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:44 AM   #42
NY Jay 05
East Coaster

NY Jay 05 is on a distinguished road

Jason Giambi has been tearing it up lately, perhaps he has returned to his old power-hitting self?

2005 NFL Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-07-2006, 11:14 AM   #43
davematthews3
Fast Food Brother #3

davematthews3 is on a distinguished road

perhaps he has returned to his old self?
Ty:I'm not quite sure where they are
Old 05-07-2006, 11:50 AM   #44
Noon
You moterboatin' son of a

Noon is on a distinguished road

somebody give him a piss cup.

giambi is back on the juice.

-RB
Old 05-07-2006, 02:13 PM   #45
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex
I'm really starting to worry about Randy Johnson. He's had several bad outings in a row and is having a little bit of trouble with the Rays tonight. My biggest gripe with him since coming to New York is that he doesn't seem to have that same agressiveness he did Seattle, Houston and Arizona. Even in 2004 with Arizona he still looked like the nasty giant no one wanted to mess with. I wonder if that run-in with the cameraman in NYC right after the trade has had any effect on him. That was the most aggression he has shown since arriving in New York.
That is typically what happens to a flamethrower who never really learns how to pitch. Prior to coming to NY he always had that upper-90s fastball that he kid just throw past batters at will. He has lost a few ticks off that fastball and the better hitters are able to handle it and do something with it. Guys like Clemens, Pedro, and Schilling have endured as long as they have because they took the time to develop something to use off of their dominating fastball other than a slider. Clemens and Schilling have gone to using the splitfinger pitch and Pedro has always been a master of changing up speeds with hitters. Meanwhile Randy is still trying to do it with the fastball and slider.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
Closed Thread