Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Basketball

Old 03-08-2003, 06:12 PM   #1
Diceman
X-Ecutioner Dice

Diceman is on a distinguished road
Default Kentucky narrowly beats Florida

Score was 69-67. Both teams showed me something in this game defensively, till the end of the game. When Florida caught fire and Kentucky had to pick it up on the offensive end. I still think both teams will get #1 seeds in the tourny.
Diceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 07:11 AM   #2
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

big win for the 'cats. i think they are the best in the nation. i am very high on them. FLorida has lost some key games of late so i'm questioning them no after this moral boost for Kentucky
Old 03-09-2003, 01:05 PM   #3
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

I don't think Florida deserves a No. 1 seed with four conference losses and six overall ... I like 'Zona, UK, Texas, and one other.

I'm not high on Florida. They take WAY too much terrible shots that end up bricks. They are relying on inexperienced freshmen like Robertson, Walsh, and Drejer and Nelson has struggled. Plus, I don't like their lack of inside game, although they played us well in that area this time.

They are talking tough, just like Georgia, that they would beat us on their home floor. Close, but no cigar.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 07:01 PM   #4
RyGuy65
Grizzled Veteran

RyGuy65 is on a distinguished road

Who's the other?
NHL- Detroit Red Wings
NCAA Football- Notre Dame Fighting Irish, Army
RyGuy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 12:47 AM   #5
Diceman
X-Ecutioner Dice

Diceman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Marc
I don't think Florida deserves a No. 1 seed with four conference losses and six overall ... I like 'Zona, UK, Texas, and one other.

I'm not high on Florida. They take WAY too much terrible shots that end up bricks. They are relying on inexperienced freshmen like Robertson, Walsh, and Drejer and Nelson has struggled. Plus, I don't like their lack of inside game, although they played us well in that area this time.

They are talking tough, just like Georgia, that they would beat us on their home floor. Close, but no cigar.
*blows whistle* Back the truck up. Matt Bonner is there leading scorer for starters. And he had troubles running because he has plantar facitis which kept Shaq, Peja Stoyakovic, and a few others i don't remember for a consciderable amount of time. So he didn't have his best game. Roberson is easily one of the best players in the country even as a freshman. Brett Nelson can run the point and pop off at anytime. And in most of those loses they have been in the game. 2 of those loses came to Kentucky. SO that immediatly means Kentucky is for real.

My #1 seeds, Arizona, Kentucky, Florida, Texas. ANd besides who else would go in except Florida who has lost fewer games? Oklahoma lost last weekend as well. Louisville is slippin, slippin fast and hard.
Diceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 07:55 AM   #6
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

the other #1 is gonna be Wake or Marquette IMO
Old 03-10-2003, 11:20 AM   #7
I OWN THIS
The True Titan

I OWN THIS is on a distinguished road

Marquette would have to win the C-USA tournament and get some help to be a #1 seed, and Wake would have to win the ACC tournament and get some help to be a #1 seed as well. Wake and Marquette will not get the respect that a Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, or Florida will get.

I think the top 4 seeds are.... UK, Arizona, Texas, and Kansas.

Florida does take bad shots as Marc stated, and the only way Florida slips in to get the last #1 seed is if they win the SEC tournament and UK in the process.

Joey
Old 03-10-2003, 10:08 PM   #8
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by RyGuy65
Who's the other?
I don't know yet. Possibly Kansas, Florida is a slight possibility, but as I said, I don't like their game or team.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote