Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 12-17-2006, 01:01 AM   #1
NYG Babe 28
Dear Abby of Sports

Location: Originally NY, Temporarily San Diego but moving to Boston!
NYG Babe 28 is on a distinguished road
Cool Where r the Giants fans at?

Hello Everyone! :wavey:

I am a refugee from the CBS Sportsline Clan. I haven't found any forums here that are seperated by team like we had over there, where I would go chat with other Giants fans about business. So just wanted to stick my neck out here and see what Giants fans we got around this place... or am I the only one?? No... I know that can't be the case as my dear Wuffy has come over from Sportsline with me. So is there any others out there?? Or is it just us 2 lovely ladies?? Stop in and say hello if there is! We'd love to meet you!
:cheers:

Last edited by NYG Babe 28; 12-17-2006 at 01:04 AM. Reason: typo
NYG Babe 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 04:48 AM   #2
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

With Atlanta losing tonight, if the Giants do win tomorrow I don't see how the Giants then miss the playoffs unless they lose both their remaining games and the Week 17 Falcons-Eagles game ends in a tie, after both teams win next week.

Minnesota would have to win out, but they've got a night game next week on the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field. So much for that ...
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:31 AM   #3
wufpax
cbs refugee

wufpax is on a distinguished road

Now Babe how can you be the only one...when you know I'm here! :lol:
We just need to get this board hopping like the other place! :thumbup:
Old 12-18-2006, 01:27 AM   #4
Anthony

Well I guess the Giants missed Amani Toomer, LaVar Arrington, Michael Strahan, Luke Pettitgout and Shaun O'Hara more than the Eagles missed Donovan McNabb.

But I actually feel for Eli Manning - he's starting to remind me of that Joe What's-his-name dude from the Lil' Abner comic strip who always has that rain cloud following him around. He completed 28 out of 40 passes - 22 of 26 at one point - but two interceptions on tipped balls sealed the Giants' fate; not only that, but Brandon Jacobs, perhaps the most sure-handed running back in the entire NFL, lost his first fumble of the season, aborting a drive that figured to produce at least a field goal.

I know a lot of people are going to be bashing Eli tonight and tomorrow on all the forums, WFAN, etc., but I won't join in.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:23 AM   #5
Ellis
gymnopedist

Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, I think that Eli gets a worse wrap than he deserves. If anything, he has been the one true professional on a team that has no professionalism at all. I mean, the team is so volatile and the players are constantly running there mouth. From Barber ripping on Irving , on Barber's radio show, to Strahan ripping on the media, to Shocky saying numerous times that his team got out coached, to Plex calling out T.O. I just don't understand how a team like that can think that they will be able to stick together. Eli has been the one man who hasn't done any of that.

Also, he may still have some accuracy issues, but as catman said, a lot of his INTs are off of tipped balls. Plex has been responsible for a large amount of ints that were thrown to him. I still think that Eli is a good leader and will be an elite QB in the future. He just needs to get on a team that is managable.
Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:53 AM   #6
wufpax
cbs refugee

wufpax is on a distinguished road

Eli gets the wrap alot because of all the hype the placed on him prior to making the leap to NFL. It doesnt help him when he has spent so much time under the microscope with everyone comparing him to big brother Peyton! I will say I'm not a big fan of his even though the Giants are my fave. I so wanted Philip Rivers to lead this team(right, babe).
Old 12-18-2006, 11:59 AM   #7
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough

The NY Giants are about to go home for the holidays.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:03 PM   #8
NYG Babe 28
Dear Abby of Sports

This stinks!
Old 12-19-2006, 12:54 AM   #9
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

And is Tiki still content on retiring, going out like this? He's such a class act, one of my favorites.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 12:59 AM   #10
NYG Babe 28
Dear Abby of Sports

I am hoping that he is not content. We could really use him.. just 1 more year. I think next year will be Eli's coming of age. We will have Toomer back as well and if we keep Tiki we will be a force to be rekoned with. As long as we don't suffer from injuries again. If Tiki goes out like this it will be sad... and we will need to rebuild for a couple years before we become a threat to anyone. Our team is built around him. He is our go to guy. I love Tiki too... very classy guy! I want him to get a ring.. he deserves it. I say we ditch Coughlin then Tiki will probably stay one more year... just a feeling I have.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:45 AM   #11
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama4256 View Post
The NY Giants are about to go home for the holidays.

Why is a team that plays its home games in a dome any kind of lock to win a game in northern New Jersey on Christmas Eve?

And if the Giants can capitalize on their weather advantage, they could conceivably clinch a playoff spot this week, and not even need to win at Washington next Saturday night.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:58 PM   #12
NYG Babe 28
Dear Abby of Sports

Anthony,
I sure hope they do. Of course that would require the Eagles to lose the next 2 games.

Last edited by NYG Babe 28; 12-19-2006 at 05:58 PM. Reason: typo
NYG Babe 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:13 PM   #13
grifter
Skateboarding thug, Baby!

grifter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG Babe 28 View Post
So just wanted to stick my neck out here and see what Giants fans we got around this place... or am I the only one?? No... I know that can't be the case as my dear Wuffy has come over from Sportsline with me. So is there any others out there?? Or is it just us 2 lovely ladies?? Stop in and say hello if there is! We'd love to meet you!
:cheers:
They all are rooting for the Cowboys and/or Eagles. JK
Goodluck with the saints this weekend though I did pick the Saints to win.

I played golf once. While everyone else was trying to hit holes in one, I hit a person. Let me tell ya that was so much more fun. I didn't know you were supposed to yell Four, I was to busy mumbling "I'm gonna miss him, alittle bit more to the left"
grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:21 PM   #14
PPKA
PuntPass&KickAss

PPKA is on a distinguished road

wow, it looks like you found some people that know something about football here, Babe.

crap, I better brush up.

if the vikings win out..........did someboady say that? we get a new QB this week at cheetos field. Tarvaris looks damn good running out of the pocket.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:37 AM   #15
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPKA View Post
wow, it looks like you found some people that know something about football here, Babe.

crap, I better brush up.

if the vikings win out..........did someboady say that? we get a new QB this week at cheetos field. Tarvaris looks damn good running out of the pocket.

As I remember, Cliff Stoudt looked damn good running out of the pocket two decades ago, and so did Bobby Douglass three decades ago - but did that make either of them good, much less great, quarterbacks?